Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.

Cloaked in the near anonymity of the little-known Harrin System, Harrin Central Station is a burgeoning Shadowport under the watchful eye of a man named Barra Rann. It’s a place where low-lives on a budget can gamble their money away, and a haven for most any illegal paraphernalia or dark secret one might want- for a price.

The problem is, you can only get lucky for so long, and anonymity won’t help when the Imperials come calling...

Today, a group of individuals have been vetted through their success in other criminal activities. After being found to have the proper skills, a mysterious employer has hired them to steal data securely tucked away in this little known space station and given them a location to meet the employer in person should they succeed.

At the same time, an operation of MAXIMUM IMPORTANCE is being undertaken by the Rebel Alliance. A ship containing extremely sensitive and highly sought after nav-data is being handed over to a spec-ops group in order to accomplish a TOP SECRET mission. Harrin Central Station was chosen due to its anonymity, hopefully that should be enough to keep the imperials away. If the the Alliance is lucky, anyway.

Welcome to a new FFG Star Wars game utilizing both Age of Rebellion and Edge of the Empire. In this game I’m looking for an asymmetrical mix of mercs and rebels. In this case, I’m thinking of a group of 3-4 people living on the Edge of the Empire and 1-2 members of the Rebellion.

A few things to keep in mind:

First, I am completely fine with both the Unofficial Species Menagerie and using the Force Sensitive specializations in either books. Also, an EotE character can take an AoR career as their starting career and vice versa without any problems from me.

Second, because everyone involved has gone through a lot to arrive at Harrin Central Station for one reason or another, everyone has 60 extra experience they can spend AFTER chargen, as well as 1000 credits to spend on equipment that isn’t restricted. This means that after generating your character with your race’s normal allotment of XP, you will gain 60 XP as if you finished a couple missions/jobs already, and can spend that on everything you could spend XP on after chargen.

Third, someone playing an EotE character must take obligation, and someone playing a member of the rebellion has to take duty. Obligation will start at 5, and people can take up to 15 extra obligation like usual. Duty will start at 20 and can only be reduced by 15.

Finally, this campaign will stretch further than heists and action, so a balanced party with fighty-people along with a pilot and technically-skilled people would be a big help to support that.

And that’s about it for game information, now for out of game stuff:

If you want in the game, please be ready to post at LEAST once a week, and it’d help a lot if you’re willing to show up on IRC channels. I’m usually hanging around #Sweote, #Persona, and #redhandofdoom, so any of those would work if you want to remain in contact.

Recruitment will last about a week or longer if there are enough apps still being worked on, but no longer than a week and a half.

Edit: to make character creation smoother: Here's a Character Generator program that people can use. Make sure to read the readme.

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Alright I'll be closing recruitment for good and making a decision on who gets in in 3 days.

Also, If you want to get in, being on IRC will drastically help your chances! #Sweote is the most relevant channel, and you can hop on to synirc and click on webchat to get started there. Or you could download your own client and play around with that, up to you really.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Alright, it's been 3 days. So it's time to post picks:

For the Heist Job:
Bahamut as Trinli Parr

ProfessorCirno as Maka

MustacheRide as Bacca

Roland Jones as Rrakt

For the Rebel Mission:
Kingcom as Arlon Zymm

MechaYahiko as Donal Yeeli

With this setup, there are 5 EotE people and one AoR person, but 2 people working with the rebels. It works out back-story wise, though.

Anyway, the total obligation I'm looking at is 85., and total Duty is 20.

I'll be spending the weekend getting game stuff set and everything. But in the mean time, why don't you guys post in-character first impressions of everyone else in your group.

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Aug 9, 2014

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

The Thread is up!

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Well you can't make money out of thin air... and altering credit chips is said to be "notoriously difficult" at page 162 of the Age of Rebellion book.

But you're not making money so much as altering a credit chip to bug out when it's used so I'll let you do it at a Hard difficulty, and I'll add 2 setback dice due to time constraints. As soon as you dock the guy will want to see you, and you're docking right now, so you have 3 to 4 minutes.

I'd add another one for not having proper tools, but you have Slicer Gear so only 2 setback dice for you.

I mean, you could also just cold cock the dude if you don't mind getting violent, but the method you outlined is just about the only way I see of doing it perfectly stealthily unless you have another idea like that, so...

v:shobon:v

Edit: Also, Roland_Jones used a light side token, so we're back to 4 dark side and 2 light side.

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Aug 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Mechayahiko you should totally hop on IRC when you can, also I totally advise you just rolling the bones instead of waiting for in-character confirmation, if only to keep the game fast.

I'll be posting some time later today, if you can squeeze in what you want to roll before then that'd be great.

• Locked thread