Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peta
Dec 26, 2011

It's pretty boring lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Yeah I agree. I can see what he was going for, but it just doesn't grab me.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
indie games.txt

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
if u besmirch indie games then maybe u shuld go back to playing cod with the rest of the normies

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
you sound like a loving pleb op hth

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Not only a great puzzle game but also it will really make you think about the way you perceive strangers both in the game and in real life. Really gets to the meat of what's so twisted about profiling tons of thrills and chills you'll be totally immersed until you can't tell the difference between game and reality click click click click click

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

More like How about a better game ,Please.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

In my spare time I like to LARP a customs officer who looks at pieces of paper all day and makes sure everything says what it's supposed to say and the role-playing experience really heats up when someone offers me a bribe lol. You really feel for the NPCs when you make them stand naked in front of a camera lol, even though they speak broken English and have a face made of about five pixels. The moral dilemmas make for a bleak yet gripping gaming experience

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Knowing that I'll be able to unwind by pretending I'm a guy who sits behind a desk and stares at passports at a border checkpoint is the only thing that keeps me from basically killing myself IRL at my real job. It really gets me through the day haha

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Silly loving nerds

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Scrutinizing people's identification and paperwork is literally my day job at the moment, so there's no way in hammershits and sicklefucks I'm going to come home and let this black hole of boringness gobble up all my freetime too.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

It is very problematic when the Gender says Female, and its clearly a male, and then you can do the x-ray to see their dong, and then have them arrested.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
im not seeing how that's a problem at all

Dec 26, 2012

it turns out that a paperwork checking game is only slightly more interesting than actually checking paperwork. makes u think

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

if it helps any the dev had an interview where he explicitly stated that it's not his intent to have a 'deeper message' but that while traveling he simply thought about customs and the stress and anxiety that can come with it and thought maybe I can make a fun videogame out of it

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Ekster posted:

if it helps any the dev had an interview where he explicitly stated that it's not his intent to have a 'deeper message' but that while traveling he simply thought about customs and the stress and anxiety that can come with it and thought maybe I can make a fun videogame out of it

Whoa somebody get this guy to write Far Cry 4 [SERIOUSPOST]

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Ekster posted:

He failed

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You can do the same thing in Space Station 13, but you can stamp VOID on your head to suicide.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i wish roger ebert was still alive so he could keep owning the games are art geeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Abandon posted:

i wish roger ebert was still alive so he could keep owning the games are art geeks

Yeah he looked really smart talking without half a face. Lmfao. gently caress off back to Phiz or whatever, homo.

• Locked thread