Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Yes. Me! Me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I looked at the rules, but didn't spot any penalties against FCS teams. Is it correct you get full points against FCS?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

All my players sucked except the Penn State ones and Jameis this week. Need to do some retooling before next week.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Hey, swickles. I want that Penn State defense, and I'm offering you Jameis Winston.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I was hardly going to play Winston anyway, and I was bluffing that weren't going to be good. They haven't forced many turnovers yet, but their run and scoring defenses are really good. Their D line is probably one of the best in the country.

It's only a stupid move if Hackenberg gets injured. He's going to put up bigger points than Winston over the course of the year.

Komet fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 11, 2014

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Jameis has a bye, so at least I don't run the risk of getting clowned by the player I traded (but I wasn't going to play anyway).

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Winston averages 36 ppg and the Penn State defense averages 29. It's not outlandish.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I want the Penn State defense because I think they are going to put up huge points in a poo poo conference. I have Oklahoma's D, which has put up points so far, but they have to play against much more potent offenses as the season wears on. Jameis was going to ride the bench except in Hack's bye weeks. It is a good, fair trade.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I don't know what this changes. Regardless of what happens in the poll, I'm still going to trade Winston for someone else that can play a more active role on my team. Isn't it a travesty that HEISMAN WINNER Jameis Winston is going to sit on my bench for all but two of Penn State's bye weeks? When I drafted him, I had the third pick, so I got the best, safest pick available. But he was insurance, because I planned to pick up Hackenberg as late as I felt I could. Sure, it's partially a homer move, but Hackenberg is regarded as the best pro prospect right now.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

JesustheDarkLord posted:

At CBS he isn't ranked at all until 2017 and then is second behind Jameis Winston.

Because he's not eligible to be drafted following this season.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

JesustheDarkLord posted:

What about 2016?

He's been pegged by multiple outlets as the potential #1 pick overall, should he choose to come out early. That's probably why CBS doesn't have him in their list. It's probably against their policy to rank underclassmen that haven't declared for the draft.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Tyranny of the masses.

Okay, so who wants Jameis? Best offer gets him. Which apparently can't be a defense I really want.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I have an illegal roster. I can't figure out how to drop my backup kicker.

Nvm: figured our how to drop him.

Komet fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 12, 2014

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Swickles and I have an interesting matchup now that I've picked up Penn State's defense. We'll see who comes out on top with his Rutgers RB Paul James.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I think DaeSean Hamilton and Geno Lewis are pretty equal, all things considered (both in the top 5 in the Big Ten). Hamilton will get his touchdowns soon, so I don't think I really want to give up Boyd and run into some bye week problems. Sorry :( I'm not that much of a homer.

• Locked thread