Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I'll go again. We must have an all TTU final this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I'm having trouble deciding if I want AAC/MWC... Without them, we are pulling from 50 teams which leaves us with very tight roster space and not much wiggle room in the season. With them, the number jumps to 73 with much more room, but it also means that a lot of the best players are going to come from the poorer conferences.

I'm leaning toward more players, but that's a tough call.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The Piper posted:

I'd be pissed if/when my 1st round pick QB (Mariotta/Petty/Miller) gets outscored by some waiver wire AAC QB who happened to have a cake matchup against Tulsa in a given week.

I really don't think the player pool would be too shallow with just the BCS conferences. But we'll just have to wait and see how our voting shakes out.

Sorry, my count was wrong (forgot the ACC). 65 teams with the big 5 + ND.

20 into 65 is not bad. + AAC & MWC would bring it to 86.

To compare that with NFL fantasy (which more people are familiar with, I'm sure), 20 into 65 is about like running a 10 team league. 20 into 86 would be like running an 7-8 team league.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Regardless of my draft pick Hutson Mason Overdrive is winning it all. Book it.

Gotta make it into the playoffs first.

jabro posted:

Except the talent disparity between the NFL and college is high. You'll be selling your body for an average TE and bye week WRs with a 20 team college league no matter how what conferences we include and with the an NFL 7-10 team league you are starting WR1s and TE1 high 2's every single week.

Yeah, I'm still waffling.

Webbeh, have you ever run one of these with mid-major teams?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

The issue with good mid-major players is that they're not taken out at half time in a blowout, usually resulting in artificially higher scores.

I don't remember it being an issue in 2013, but we ran into it with a player or two in our CBSSports days.

Last year only had year 1 of AAC they weren't quite CUSA 2.0 at that point (though they certainly are now).

Screw it. I watch a lot of college football (though I will be watching less this year since I'll be traveling to 6 TTU games). Let's do 'em all! MACtion!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

jabro posted:

I think it would be fair to have it tied to the actual car and not the driver in this case.

Agreed.

But that's a good start toward defending your title. You know, someone's death.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
2/3 the way through the race, Webbeh's cheating is becoming apparent as he is leading. Fork of Unknown Origins is sitting in 2nd from his #2 pole.

LeeMajors is in trouble as Kyle Busch is 20 laps down after an early crash. I'm in trouble too as Keselowski is having brake issues. Down 4 laps now. astr0man's driver also spent time off the course, down 4 laps.

Ryan Newman just wrecked and I don't see Jabro coming back from that, so I think he's gonna have the turn at spot 20 this year. so long as Kyle Busch finishes the race.

ps: It's the first time I'm watching a Nascar Race. Sad, eh?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Jabro officially takes the turn. #20 is set in stone.

Lee Majors has #19 unless there's a major accident.

I'm looking likely to have #18 at 5 down, but with 10 laps to go, there is still a good chance for people to fall.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Webbeh just took out Taxes.

Good shot that that just dumped Taxes into the #18 or #19 spot, lotta damage in the front axle. Dunno if that will drop Webbeh out as well.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

heel turn posted:

This poo poo's gonna end with a green-white checker

Shame they had the poo poo drivers at the back screw up that restart. That was excellent racing up at the front.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Quandary posted:

My dude (Austin Dillon) isn't even listed here. I don't know the first thing about NASCAR, but I can't imagine that's a good thing.

he's in 11th:

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/leaderboard/leaderboard-live.html

e: 2013 Cheezit at the Glenn.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Taxes posted:

Based on the last 24 hours I will probably move NASCAR to the last spot on my sports power rankings. :argh:

It wasn't there already?

Though street tracks are pretty awesome.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Taxes drops to the #18 pick. Dunno if Smith will be back on the course. Otherwise he'll drop to #19 while LeeMajors has a chance to move up to #18.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
And we have some draft order:

#1 will be Heel Turn with the 2nd place finish of Marcos Ambrose
#2 is The Piper on the back of Kyle Larson
#3 is Komet with the 99 of Carl Edwards
#4 is Yoshi Fan 823 on Joey Logano's 6th place
#5 is FLEXBONER with Kevin Harvick finishing 7th
#6 is HOTLANTA MAN and his goofy rear end Greg Biffle
#7 is TheFlyingLlama from Matt Kenseth's 9th place finish
#8 is swickles from 10th place Brian Vickers
#9 is Fork of Unknown Origins from Dale's 11th
#10 is TLG James on Kasey Kahne's 12th
#11 is Will Styles on the back of Jamie McMurray (14th)
#12 is Quandary from Austin Dillon (16th)
#13 is JesusTheDarkLord with Clint Bowyer all the way down in 27th
#14 is Webbeh taking Jimmie Johnson's 28th
#15 is siriuslysomething from Paul Menard's 32nd
#16 is astr0man. His Jeff Gordan led half the race but finished 34th
#17 is kayakyakr as Brad Keselowski finished 35th (4 laps down)
#18 is Taxes after Webbeh's driver took Regan Smith out (and his first racer killed someone)
#19 is LeeMajors when Kyle Busch went down early, finished 20 laps down in 40th
#20 is Jabro who gets the turn after a nasty crash takes out Ryan Newman in the 55th lap.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 10, 2014

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Taxes posted:

From #17 last year to #18 this year :gonk:

From #1 to #17.

So there. Quit yer bitchin.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

One year we need to do exclusively non power conferences

So CUSA, MAC, Sun Belt, MWC, AAC, and Big Ten?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Taxes posted:

Disappointed that only 11/20 players have fancy team names at the moment :colbert:

Division 1 is really slacking with only 2/5.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
And now division 1 is putting us all to shame.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
tlgjames needs to come through with a QB-themed team name first.

then we'll all match :allears:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I have a drafting strategy. It involves cursing at all of you as you pick the next player on my board.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Taxes posted:

More reason to not be a no-show: you will autodraft Braxton Miller.

It's all fun and games until someone autodrafts Braxton Miller.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I pick whoever the hell I like and curse a lot.

It was good enough for 4th last year.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Draft Day. Game week. This a cause for celebration.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

jabro posted:

I'm doing a 5 hour drive today which hopefully will be done by draft time. If not it will be fun explaining to the cop I wasn't technically texting while driving.

I don't know if you can draft via the app. seems to not have that capability.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

swickles posted:

Is there a way to just drop him from the league? Its not like Johnny Football last year where it was up in the air as to wether or not he would be eligible. The guy is 100% out.

retribution

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Some of you autodraft guys need to hurry up and drop your extra QBs so my selection of backups is better.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I want in on this trade thing. Made an offer to tlgjames, so you should accept it.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Taxes posted:

If our trades fail you should trade with me!

sorry, my trade worked!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
what's the trade offer, i'll research it for you

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Going full homer mode with my starting lineup for this weekend. I mean, I only have 3 of my players, but still. Start them all!

e: oh drat, just realized that UCA is an FCS school. Ah well, so going to lose.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 28, 2014

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

Remember, the penalty is only 25%.

still gonna lose!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

gently caress you Taxes, and your 98 point QB

Don't know what you're complaining about Mr "pretty much assured a top-2 finish this week."

Nice balance, btw.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
quand, you there bro? 4 QBs and 5 0 counters in week 1. I mean, if you're not going to play...

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Couple of players in my matchup aren't showing in the scoring. Jacobi Owens and Davis from UNLV. Dunno what's up there.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Cool. Didn't need 'em anyway.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Bah. My #1 RB is out for 4-6 weeks with a fractured ankle.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
drat you taxes and your quick pickup of a freshman backup.

e: for the record, I have now lost both of my starting RBs to potential long-term injury. They are also the two of my key players in week 4, as the rest of my drat team is on bye.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 11, 2014

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

I should note that next year, we'll be moving to waiver wires for all players (no free agents), to encourage (s)crappy teams to make some good picks, even the playing field, and put some additional emphasis on week-by-week drops/adds.

I don't know why I didn't enable it this year, but I'm not too much of a fan of "the early bird gets the worm".

Eh. Problem with college is that you never know who the good picks are going to be. First week of free agency is about like draft pt 2 where you have to fill out the obvious holes in your team.

Can it be a short term waiver wire of a day so that movement is still somewhat fluid? Like when a player is claimed, it clears at the end of the day?

Taxes posted:

I need to give a good reason why trading Heisman-winner Jameis Winston for a defense is bullshit?

drat near the entire league would veto that nonsense.

37th defense vs the 53rd QB. Yes, Winston could blow up, but he has been a bit of boom/bust, breaking 70 in 5 games last year and 90 twice, but failing to make 50 in 6 games.

Taking out HEISMAN WINNER, as of right now, it's a fair trade.

e: that said, I agree that Winston has a much higher ceiling and is poised for a breakout game vs Penn State who should slowly average 29 PPG.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
What if we ask swickles to throw in a depth player to balance the trade?

He's got 2 WR1, 2 RB1, and 1 each of WR and RB with "breakout" potential (in Roland and Mike Williams)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Komet posted:

Tyranny of the masses.

Okay, so who wants Jameis? Best offer gets him. Which apparently can't be a defense I really want.

Make swickles give you more than just the defense for him. One of those RB's or something.

• Locked thread