Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3561854

Last year's thread

quote:

Welcome
Welcome to another year of College Fantasy Football - also known as the best thing in America. This year, we've got a couple of changes to our system.

We're moving from CBSSports! They've gone premium-only, so we are moving to Fantrax.
Free-agent pickups are reverting back to Waivers (Season 1) instead of Instant Pickup (Season 2). This should even out some of the disparity we saw last season.
You can name your teams as needed and change them whenever you want. Go, Fantrax!
We are expanding from 20 to 24 teams. I will get a complete post-season schedule up as the season progresses.
As usual, first dibs on teams will be going out to the previous players.

Players & Divisions
This post will be updated as players are added.

Rules
Full Rules are available from our Fantasy Group website. However, the cliffnotes of the rules are:
quote:
League Name: SAS CFB Fantasy League
Public/Private League: Private
Duplicate Player Allowance: Not Used
Scoring System: Head to Head (Points-Based)
Maximum # of teams: 24
Commissioner Team Name: Brodarious Hamm

Your league stats begin accumulating on: Thu Aug 29, 2013
Your league stats end accumulating on: Mon Nov 25, 2013
Merge first two periods of season: No
Merge last two periods of season: No
Scoring Period Interval: Weekly
Scoring Period day to start: Tuesday
Every team plays each other every period: No
Use Playoffs: Yes

Player Pool: Custom teams
Division I - Football Bowl Subdivision: BC, Cin, Clem, UConn, FlaSt, MD, Lou, NCSt, Rut, Syr, Wake, Duke, GATec, SoFL, MiaFL, UNC, Temp, Pitt, UVA, VaTec, Ill, Ind, Iowa, MSU, Mich, Minn, Neb, NW, OHSt, PSU, Purd, Wisc, IASt, Kans, K St, Bayl, Okla, OkSt, Tex, TxTch, WVU, TCU, AzSt, Ariz, Colo, Cal, Oreg, OreSt, USC, Stan, Utah, UCLA, Wash, WaSt, Fla, UGA, KY, Mizzu, SCar, Tenn, Vand, Ala, Ark, Aub, LSU, Miss, MisSt, TexAM, Army, BYU, Navy, ND
Players transferred to another FBS team not in player pool will continue to get stats: Yes

The Players
quote:
Webbeh - Brodarious Hamm
Taxes - Deep Vs and TDs
derjuicen - estesjosh
ffoecaf - ffoecaf
YoshiFan - Four Yard Curl Route
HeebHustler - GrodeJar Superstar
heelturn - heelturn
astr0man - I dont know
jabro - jabro
JesusTheDarkLord - JesusTheDarkLord
Komet - Komet
kayakyakr - Like a Big XII Defense
HOTLANTA MAN - Mark Richt Bible Camp
Flexboner - Mr. Flexboner’s Wild Ride
Scionix- Nick Saban’s Medical Grayshirts
swickles - swickles
The Piper - The Brax of Life
Duraznos - The Snorting Pachall’s
TLG James - tlgjames
Declan MacManus - Will Muschamp’s Blood Pressure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I'm in again obviously. #VFL #SASCFFBFL

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Can my conference be "gently caress Alabama and Florida Forever" FAFF Conference owns

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I have only logged in using the phone app. I'm not sure I can change my name from there.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

LeeMajors posted:

What brilliant bastard came up with #VolsDeep?!

No way of knowing.

So, has anyone else done nothing to prepare for the draft? I haven't even really read this season's predictions closely.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
My strategy is usually to go based on team. I know that LSU's starting RB will probably put up good numbers regardless of who he is. Sometimes I go by coach, like picking Arkansas's RB last year because Bielema can usually make the run game work.

I'm not good at this.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I'm at a birthday party for a toddler and will hopefully make it home, but I excluded Miller just in case.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress the entire state of Houston

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Abstaining because replacement is fair but gently caress everyone who picked a gator.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Von Pearson getting hurt fucks my real team and my fantasy team.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I had a bunch of what looked like tough calls on my lineup and I picked wrong in every one of them.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
The vaunted "Don't ruin anyone's weekend" defense.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
His numbers haven't been especially good for fantasy this year. Braxton Miller is also sucking.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Komet posted:

Sure, it's partially a homer move, but Hackenberg is regarded as the best pro prospect right now.

At CBS he isn't ranked at all until 2017 and then is second behind Jameis Winston.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
What about 2016?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Komet posted:

He's been pegged by multiple outlets as the potential #1 pick overall, should he choose to come out early. That's probably why CBS doesn't have him in their list. It's probably against their policy to rank underclassmen that haven't declared for the draft.

The have a bunch of underclassmen listed so I don't know. Not that important anyway

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Boston College is why I shouldn't draft players from teams I don't watch.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
That seems as abusable re: collusion as the Penn St - James trade.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I like injured reserve or just a slightly bigger roster for reserves I guess. Part of team building is managing byes and I drafted accordingly. I have every reserve player on bye this week and I dropped a Vols receiver when he got hurt but I hope to grab him again later if practice reports are favorable.

I can see going with no kicker or tight end because of byes since they score lower on average. Anything past that is questionable.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Needs a minimum active size too

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
To throw a game for playoff competition purposes, I guess. I don't think that anyone here would but I don't think that Komet was trying to tank his team with that trade either.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I was in the same situation for this week and I dropped Von Pearson, my top homer pick, because he was injured.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
If the Jameis yearlong suspension rumors are true, swickles got nothing for Penn State's defense. Ha ha.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
All of my rbs and wrs are poo poo

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Update: My team is still poo poo. I had three WR/RBs with single digit scoring and my QB got hurt while Bo Wallace set on the bench.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Komet's bench is looking strong this week.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe the season got too old for a Penn State fan.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I feel obligated to point out that Komet did in fact set his lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I had DeVante Parker last year and Sinorise Perry the year before. My new philosophy is never pick a Louisville player.

• Locked thread