Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

do you guys really shorten "Jeremy" to "Jez"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

if we could put countries on trial england would get the death penalty

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i heard you can't get a decent taco there

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

countpoint:

*picture of random nobodies*

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i like how the british stole curry

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

is a bacon sandwich just bacon between bread? that seems sort lovely. also nobody ever answered me about whether you can get good tacos in britain

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

taco bell is good but it really has no resemblance ot genuine tacos.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Quickscope420dad posted:

Never heard it called a "builder's sandwich", but a "bacon butty" is more likely.

so thats what onslow is always asking for in kua

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

also congrats to the royal museum for housing the heritage o flike every culture but it's own

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the brits dont even have the right names for chips/fries theres no way you're good at them

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i've never heard anyone make that distinction but it's technically corect

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i don't eat fish. thats the one thing ir espect about the british, they're the only island people that don't eat appalling seafood dishes in huge amounts

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Ewan posted:

also the dude who said "most people make BLTs" is talking absolute bollocks.

A bacon sandwich (which some call a bacon sarnie, bacon buttie, or other names depending on regional slang) is normally just buttered white bread, with ketchup (more likely in south) or brown sauce (more likely north) and bacon. Remember our bacon is different from yours - it's cut from the back of the pig, giving a meatier rasher.

Also, bacon sandwiches are a hot topic in our politics right now (note these are respected newspapers, not our tabloids or satire publications):

This is the press mocking the leader of the opposition looking a bit awkward when eating a bacon sandwich:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ur-9409301.html

This is him making a joke about it in the House of Commons (think House of Representatives)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nLG0sBsJ9c

And this is our Deputy Prime Minister being given a bacon sandwich, partly in mockery of Ed Miliband.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nick-clegg/10862185/Nick-Clegg-shows-Ed-Miliband-how-to-eat-a-bacon-sandwich.html

On the sandwiches themselves, this is how NOT to make a bacon sandwich.
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Bacon-Sandwich
Seriously, lovely streaky bacon, wtf is that plastic cheese, and where is the ketchup?

It should use the type of bacon you see here on the bottom right (known in the UK as 'bacon' or 'back bacon', it's not easily available in the US (and no, it's not the same as what the US calls 'Canadian bacon'):

The end result looks something like this, although preferably with more ketchup oozing out of the side

that actually looks dank as hell. i was picturing sometihng iwth those little american sticks of belly bacon that you eat for breakfast and i was all 'drat that's a poor sandwich'

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

thats the first song i've heard where someone managed to retain their british accent while singing somehow

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Quickscope420dad posted:

Wait you haven't heard Dark Side of The Moon? Dave Gilmour manages to stay pretty drat british the whole way through imo

also the Wall i guess even though that's more Waters

i always hear pink floyd as pretty accentless, with the exception of piper at the gates of dawn

• Locked thread