Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Astrofig posted:

Looks like it's email bans, gmail may be blacklisted now.

This is hilarious. The only Real Patriots who will be able to use this site in a month are the ones that still use aol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

This is hilarious. The only Real Patriots who will be able to use this site in a month are the ones that still use aol.
Not for long :getin:

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Yeah but your pizza is poo poo and an insult to the very idea of pizza.

Listen, pal. Ain't no self respecting Chicagoan eating that deep dish bullshit. That's some poo poo we give to tourists in hopes they have an heart attack and stimulate our medical economy.

Real chicago pizza is thin and cheesy and square and delicious.

Edit: Fatal error: Call to a member function getURL() on a non-object in /var/www/html/elgg/views/default/river/object/comment/create.php on line 20

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

In as Mike Rotch, gonna play this as a mild mannered milquetoast Midwestern Nazi.

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

The Big Pinch posted:

Looks like I got banned for posting about hotdogs.

Sad to see them debase themselves to the standards of GBS.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
They let me in with a yahoo mail addy.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Website is down

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Up for me, although there doesn't seem to be much activity.

The Big Pinch
Jan 25, 2003

I love hairy man ass!

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

Ain't no self respecting Chicagoan eating that deep dish bullshit. That's some poo poo we give to tourists in hopes they have an heart attack and stimulate our medical economy

You would probably do better with a Three Little Pigs

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It's important to note that there isn't a notice that you're IP banned, all you get is a timeout notice.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Fatal error: Call to a member function getURL() on a non-object in /var/www/html/elgg/views/default/river/object/comment/create.php on line 20
I've gotten this a few times now. I'm not sure if it's freedombook loving up of if that's how it responds to a banned account.

E: Well the site is still technically up, and Pope_Francis joined the group "Christians for freedombook freedom".:allears:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 26, 2015

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

fade5 posted:

I've gotten this a few times now. I'm not sure if it's freedombook loving up of if that's how it responds to a banned account.

E: Well the site is still technically up, and Pope_Francis joined the group "Christians for freedombook freedom".:allears:

Though I may be banned, my legacy lives on.

Just like Christ.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.

The Big Pinch posted:

Looks like I got banned for posting about hotdogs.

Looks like they blacklisted mailinator.com

Just joined the hot dog recipes group. I was able to get in with a hotmail address.

Son of bitch, my blog post about Walker seems to have been removed.

DemonDarkhorse fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 26, 2015

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

The Big Pinch posted:

One that can't handle the fact that the countries best hotdogs come from the same city as our communist dictator.

Jakarta?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Fiend posted:

Jakarta?

Chicago

100% kosher beef frankfurter, mustard, onions, sweet relish, dill pickle, tomato slices, chili peppers and celery salt on a poppy-seed bun. Ketchup is unacceptable.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

Pththya-lyi posted:

Chicago

100% kosher beef frankfurter, mustard, onions, sweet relish, dill pickle, tomato slices, chili peppers and celery salt on a poppy-seed bun. Ketchup is unacceptable.

Now that's fuckin' Chicago.

That's also the only acceptable way to enjoy a hotdog that doesn't involve a grill and the 4th of July.

Edit: Turns out I wasn't banned, the site was just down. Everyone should raise a stink about the person who got banned for saying the bible was literal and demand an apology. I'd love to see how she handles it when her love of Christ and America is called into question for her attempt to quell anyone who doesn't believe in her exact version of the bible.

FreakerByTheSpeaker fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 26, 2015

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The site says it will not "scan, mine or sell user content."

Too bad. I'm sure there lots and lots of people out there willing to pay good money for lovely Obama photoshops and American Sniper screencaps.

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Just logged in successfully with the same username but a different proxy.

e: dont know whats going on or who theyre banning cos Pope_Francis seems still a member.

Nic Cage dick cage fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Feb 26, 2015

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Astrofig posted:

Looks like it's email bans, gmail may be blacklisted now.

Oh jesus, tell me this is true. :lol: This site is going to eat itself alive until nobody is left to ban.

This really makes me want to start another TPC account or two. Posting as level-headed conservative black airman Antwon Smith and basically telling people "hey, we should disagree with Obama's policies but probably not call for his entire family to be brutally murdered because that's hosed up" was an easy way to rile them up. I'm surprised it lasted for months before they finally banned me out of the blue without a reason. I'm sure TPC has approached Freep levels of new account screening though after we broke them so badly at launch. The only reason that account lasted so long was because it was around from before the arbitrary ban-after date Selaty established.

The Big Pinch
Jan 25, 2003

I love hairy man ass!

Everyone should raise a stink about the person who got banned for saying the bible was literal and demand an apology. I'd love to see how she handles it when her love of Christ and America is called into question for her attempt to quell anyone who doesn't believe in her exact version of the bible.

I thank you for your support.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
im banned.

all i did was to say "hello".

yeah, good luck with your freedombook lady.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Same thing happened with TPC (only this site has somehow even less traffic than that dump). The "free-speech supporters" panic and start screening new regs based on email addresses, banning a handful of trolls but also mostly legit members in the process. They'll back off after a while but in the meantime it does a great job of killing the site in its infancy.

edit: I think I also remember reading something about them checking for clicks that come from SA but I don't know if that's A Thing, I am not a professional website maker/money leech/butt toucher like Tim Jr.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 26, 2015

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Freedom Book Moderator posted:

This site is for conservatives and Christians, but at the same time we will not tolerate extremism from the liberals (lets face it there is no "moderate" or centrist liberal anymore), nor the "Westboro" types.

So, believing in biblical literalism is the same as being a ""Westboro" type"?

...that is some Richard Dawkins level trolling, right there.

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Now that's fuckin' Chicago.

That's also the only acceptable way to enjoy a hotdog that doesn't involve a grill and the 4th of July.

Edit: Turns out I wasn't banned, the site was just down. Everyone should raise a stink about the person who got banned for saying the bible was literal and demand an apology. I'd love to see how she handles it when her love of Christ and America is called into question for her attempt to quell anyone who doesn't believe in her exact version of the bible.

Done!

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Not only did she conflate literalism with WBC, but deleted all my comments and my group demanding freedom if religion.

Freedom, everyone!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Not only did she conflate literalism with WBC, but deleted all my comments and my group demanding freedom if religion.

Freedom, everyone!
Obviously you're not the right type of Christian. It's kind of like that old Asian stereotype where they all hate each other more than anyone else.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Freedom, everyone!

It is also one of the few pieces of actual content on the site, and the closest the site has come to having an actual, troll-free discussion...and it gets censored because people believed in the bible.

Maybe this site is really just here to troll all of us?

:ohdear:

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

glowing-fish posted:

It is also one of the few pieces of actual content on the site, and the closest the site has come to having an actual, troll-free discussion...and it gets censored because people believed in the bible.

Maybe this site is really just here to troll all of us?

:ohdear:

The more I look at it the more I think you're right. It's like some kinda meta-troll. This has to be one of us. It's too loving stupid not to be.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Rivethead posted:

The more I look at it the more I think you're right. It's like some kinda meta-troll. This has to be one of us. It's too loving stupid not to be.

How deep does this rabbit hole go???

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
It really has to be a troll.

By the way, I raised a stink and pointed out that my christianity shouldn't be censored and guess what?

Banned.

Can anyone see if my posts are still up?

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
No, they appear to be gone.
Not much happening at the moment -

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Hahahaha. Completely deleted.

This is somehow a victory to me.

Edit: my final post was something to the effect of "just because I believe the world was created in 7 days doesnt im in westbro church! i believe GOD loves everybody. EVEN THE SINNERS!" (sic)

Freedombook: where you get banned for suggesting God loves everyone, and WBC is wrong (claiming WBC is correct will earn you a ban.)

FreakerByTheSpeaker fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 27, 2015

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Freedombook: where you get banned for suggesting God loves everyone, and WBC is wrong (claiming WBC is correct will earn you a ban.)

Also, apparently JFK is cool.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Darn, looks like Pope Francis is completely gone, as is the group he joined.

H1N1 is there, but looks to be banned.

Let's see how long TheCrimsonDude lasts. (I wanted to use the name TheCrimsonFuckr, but that would get me banned immediately.:v:)

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
That's yopmail banned now too.

The Big Pinch
Jan 25, 2003

I love hairy man ass!
Pretty sure they're just banning everyone atm.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
They banned herbert Kornfeld. I tried to rereg but they don't take hotmail anymore.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

The Big Pinch posted:

Pretty sure they're just banning everyone atm.

I didn't post anything offensive last time (aside from being deliberately inoffensively socially awkward), and got banned anyway. Haven't bothered signing up yet, hoping there's just an initial one-and-done purge and waiting for some mainstream articles to "remind" my character the site isn't gone forever.

Maybe they finally realized only trolls would sign up for a site like theirs? How choppy was it for those who signed up this time?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
what emails do they take? they've banned gmail and hotmail...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

IceAgeComing posted:

what emails do they take? they've banned gmail and hotmail...

Confirmed that they do that gmail.

• Locked thread