Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Charles_P_Suggins is banned to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

IceAgeComing posted:

what emails do they take? they've banned gmail and hotmail...

rip janetporterbook aka crazybitchbook.

btw.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/gop-presidential-hopefuls-and-members-congress-appear-new-anti-gay-documentary

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

IceAgeComing posted:

what emails do they take? they've banned gmail and hotmail...

Isn't that about about 75% of private email accounts in the US? I can't remember the last time I came across someone who was not using either of those. Only exception was work email addresses and a few yahoo accounts.

The Big Pinch
Jan 25, 2003

I love hairy man ass!

sweart gliwere posted:

I didn't post anything offensive last time (aside from being deliberately inoffensively socially awkward), and got banned anyway.

They are apparently checking IPs and banning you if you make multiple accounts. Thankfully I have a phone and can reset my modem.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
It'd probably be a flawless system if they only allowed AOL email.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

I've been following this debacle and not participating as I'm usually on mobile. Thank you for all of your hard work, it's hilarious to see this go from "yeah time to make a FREE FREEDOMBOOK" to "entire initiative derailed while wingnut lady bans people for hot dogs"

Quite a commentary on the current state of affairs.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
I haven't been banned yet, but the site has slowed to a crawl.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

While following a link in the Russia thread I was informed that my IP had been added to a stopforumspam list. Wonder how that happened?

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.
Google has no results for a relaunch announcement within the last month. You guys are talking to yourselves and doing beta testing.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Somebody who used more subtle fake emails want to report Janet for abusing stopforumspam? I was planning on reporting that she was wielding it against people she had disagreements with, but when I checked on the fake emails I'd used on the first day it was all stuff like janetisgay@ramboscolon.com.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

Somebody who used more subtle fake emails want to report Janet for abusing stopforumspam? I was planning on reporting that she was wielding it against people she had disagreements with, but when I checked on the fake emails I'd used on the first day it was all stuff like janetisgay@ramboscolon.com.

I'm going about that presently.

:pedophiles: Whelp.

staberind fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 1, 2015

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
It looks like Freedom book will end with a bang, not a whimper.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

glowing-fish posted:

It looks like Freedom book will end not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Hit "quote" instead of "edit".

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

hellotoothpaste posted:

I've been following this debacle and not participating as I'm usually on mobile. Thank you for all of your hard work, it's hilarious to see this go from "yeah time to make a FREE FREEDOMBOOK" to "entire initiative derailed while wingnut lady bans people for hot dogs"

Quite a commentary on the current state of affairs.

Theres a history of these. The Sarah Palin PAC invasion was my favorite. I created a dude who was an australian ex vietnam serviceman with braindamage who TYPED EVERYTHING LIKE THIS BECAUSE OF HEAD INJURY and mostly liked sarah palin for "THEM BIG AMERICAN BOOBS". They loving loved him, and the more absurd he got the more they loved him BECAUSE I FOGT WITH AMERICA SOLDIERS IN VIETNAM AND WE FIGHT COMNISTS FOR FREEDOM.

And then the combined effect of hundreds of LF goons inflicting total insanity on the place just caused the whole thing to kind of melt down.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
Four days, no one wants to post anymore.

Should we declare this "Mission Accomplished"

(I still have my account on there, and it seems like there is just no interest)

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

glowing-fish posted:

Four days, no one wants to post anymore.

Should we declare this "Mission Accomplished"

(I still have my account on there, and it seems like there is just no interest)
Are there any posts at all?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

staberind posted:

I'm going about that presently.

:pedophiles: Whelp.

me too.

all i said was "hello". she's insane.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I think i got taken of their stupid little shitlist, without phoning my isp and getting a different ip.
I just said that their site is being abused, went back a few days later, and could not find any info about myself.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

staberind posted:

I think i got taken of their stupid little shitlist, without phoning my isp and getting a different ip.
I just said that their site is being abused, went back a few days later, and could not find any info about myself.

Thank you.

Hopefully stopforumspam'll ban their account.

Poetic justice.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Astrofig posted:

That fast? All I did was comment on minimum wage and suggest a hot dog discussion topic!

You misunderstand how these kooks work. Doesn't matter if you are legit or not, trolls are registering accounts which means by default you must be one too.
go watch Rapture Ready for one of their infamous witch hunts where they ban everyone that visited or joined on a certain day related to a troll.

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

In summation: if you want to enjoy free speech, you better believe the bible to be completely true, but not completely true, otherwise you'll be banned.

I think an easier summary is if you want to enjoy free speech, you best not think differently than FBmod does because freedom is slavery

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 8, 2015

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
pride parade is nuts, those guys don't know what they're missing

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Lol, i dredged up an old yahoo account and mistyped one digit in it. Trying to reregister keeps sending mails to the same botched email despite changing all the info.

I wanted more laughs so i chanced on Fox news and they had little if anything positive to say. i love the reasons Porter gave them for why she thinks FB is censoring people

quote:

One example, according to Porter, is former child star Kirk Cameron, who claimed last year Facebook blocked him from promoting his film "Unstoppable" because it was "spammy."

you mean the posts he repeated all over that was spam?

quote:

Porter also cited an example from LifeNews.com, which reported in 2012 that Facebook had removed a photo a pro-life activist posted of an abortion, but apologized for censoring a photo a pro-choice activist had posted.

Yeah, i'll bet the pic looked like the phamplets people tried passing out at a restaurant I was at. Absolutely disgusting and trying to shock people into listening to their trite bs.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 8, 2015

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
lol lol goon drive by

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If they made RoboReaganBook this never would have happened

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

SocketWrench posted:

Yeah, i'll bet the pic looked like the phamplets people tried passing out at a restaurant I was at. Absolutely disgusting and trying to shock people into listening to their trite bs.

why is a restaurant owner letting people hand out gross abortion leaflets?

america is hosed up

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013

IceAgeComing posted:

america is hosed up

In fairness they're not "letting" so much as "this crazy person just came in and started passing out fetus pictures and now I have to tell them to leave."

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

IceAgeComing posted:

america is hosed up

what you havent had baby back ribs theyre fuckin good bro

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I think the next plan of action should be to promote freedombook on every tea party and right wing forum & reddit, and bombard her with actual genuine signups.

She'll get to ban those too.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Indubitable Leg posted:

In fairness they're not "letting" so much as "this crazy person just came in and started passing out fetus pictures and now I have to tell them to leave."

Pretty much this. It was just a few people that walked in, asked to be seated, and once the waitress came to take their order they started into their shpiel nice and loud while one went around passing out pamphlets.
I guess they've no issue bitching about something God never spoke of and the bible says is completely legit, but they'll happily forget that false witness stuff to spread it.

fuctifino posted:

I think the next plan of action should be to promote freedombook on every tea party and right wing forum & reddit, and bombard her with actual genuine signups.

She'll get to ban those too.

She'd have a stroke clicking the ban button because all "these LIEberal trolls are saying stuff not 100% in lockstep with me". Let's face it, she didn't want some "free speech website" as much as she wanted "empty vacuum chamber to preach and be idolized for it". She wants yet another Christian website that claims freedom but really is just an echo chamber headed by a dictator, most likely because other ones aren't going to deal with her posting aborted fetuses all the goddamned time and view her as a crazy psycho to boot. Let's face it, if :foxnews: is gonna handle you with gloves and a set of tongs, you're pretty insane.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
It sure is an empty vacuum chamber.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Indubitable Leg posted:

You should have pointed at one of the grossest pics and loudly said to them "Excuse me! Can I get this without the marinara?"

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
Joined Freedombook as BenghaziTruth. Let's see how long I last.

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013

CarpenterWalrus posted:

Joined Freedombook as BenghaziTruth. Let's see how long I last.

You get bonus trolling points if you make your profile pic that one picture where Benghazi's location is wrong and someone actually catches it.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
Was Ronald Reagan himself a racist? Because I don't think he was

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Was Ronald Reagan himself a racist? Because I don't think he was

The "Strapping Young Buck" story was 100% his.

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
Slight derail but what's the TPC/Freedom Book's take on Putin currently? Right before the Crimea/Ukraine thing he was their hero if I recall.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
There is currently a technical glitch where after you log in, you are booted back to the login page, but get to hit a big button that says "Freedom"

Which matters to the 5 people on the site, three of whom are people here who managed to preserve their deep cover accounts, 1 of whom is the admin, and the other of whom is the site's sole real user.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

glowing-fish posted:

There is currently a technical glitch where after you log in, you are booted back to the login page, but get to hit a big button that says "Freedom"

Which matters to the 5 people on the site, three of whom are people here who managed to preserve their deep cover accounts, 1 of whom is the admin, and the other of whom is the site's sole real user.

This really makes my day

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
This site is beautiful. As part of the registration, it asks "Can you type the 3 words I am human?" For shits & giggles, I answered "yes"

It accepted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Did we break our toy? I didn't even get to play with it for long last time.

• Locked thread