Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Some guy locked a 15 year old girl in a shipping container for 9 months, but he is an objectivist libertarian, which makes me question whether it's possible that he could have done something this extreme.

some local news station posted:

During Kibby's arrest on the trespassing and assault charges, Conway police seized the pistol he was carrying at the time. In a petition to the court to get the Ruger LC9 returned, Kibby called the seizure "an immoral and irrational unconstitutional restriction of my civil rights."

He also called any suggestion that he is a danger to the public "absurd and not credible based upon my character and my objectivist libertarian moral code."

Obviously kidnapping someone would be against the libertarian moral code, because the free hand of the market doesn't work if people can't leave a shipping container to vote with their wallets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
while i dont mind interesting news stories in gbs (sue me) i am weary where all these threads take us

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

uh oh, future babe alert

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
i think he shouldnt have kidnapped

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
There's no law against this. Please think of this man's inalienable human rights.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

quote:

In court, Kibby's attorney asked that affidavits be unsealed in the case, saying his client has a right to know the evidence prosecutors have against him. The judge denied the motion.

Wait, what? This doesn't seem right.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
kidnapping is not a nice thing infact you might even say it's against the law

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Oh, now we can't keep teen girls in shipping containers? How am I supposed to be a job creator in this economy if I can't get my human trafficking start-up off the ground?

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Hobohemian posted:

Wait, what? This doesn't seem right.

that happens during like actual court

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

lol

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

a shipping container, eh? finally a case for admiralty law.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

1gnoirents posted:

that happens during like actual court

I wouldn't know, I've never been indicted on major kidnapping charges before.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
hahaha, a libertarian so loving stupid!

*furiously masturbating to anime next to a copy of das kapital*

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.
I wish I was Liberarian so I can use that excuse in court.

How can I ever be jailed??

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Hobohemian posted:

I wouldn't know, I've never been indicted on major kidnapping charges yet.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Hobohemian posted:

I wouldn't know, I've never been indicted on major kidnapping charges before.

you live above a bar which is cool so ill save you the googling, arraignment is where they simply say why you've been arrested officially and then they set a court date. demanding to see the evidence against you at that point is a nonsensical request during an arraignment since that would just be... court

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Twee as gently caress posted:

As a masturbating communist goon who is it okay for me to make fun of?

Also relevant.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Wooten posted:

As a masturbating communist goon who is it okay for me to make fun of?

hmmm furries, otherkins, bronies, people into scat and other weird fetishes, the irish, the new york giants

thats about it really

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
i masturbate joyfully

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

well did he own her?

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Twee I get what you're trying to say but at the same time "I can't be guilty because I am an objectivist libertarian!" is hilarious.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

The Droid posted:

Twee I get what you're trying to say but at the same time "I can't be guilty because I am an objectivist libertarian!" is hilarious.

yeah it is, but the humor is lessened when its coming from a communist goon who masturbates furiously to anime

its like a man soaked in poo poo laughing at a guy soaked in piss thinking hes somehow better and not just as bad

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

yeah it is, but the humor is lessened when its coming from a communist goon who masturbates furiously to anime

its like a man soaked in poo poo laughing at a guy soaked in piss thinking hes somehow better and not just as bad
wait so whos the communist

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

twee is so stupid he assumes everyone is an anime communist, including himself

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005

not all of us know the intimate details of every goon's life you gotta point these things out to us

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

tweet as gently caress is painfully unfunny & stupid

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i don't even see any anitars in this thread are you sure you're not just a butthurt anarcho-capitalist, TAF?

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
so he knocked this kid up then locked her in a shipping container in order to eat the newborn child then let her go? Amazing !!!!!!!!!

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
lol there are no anarcho-capitalists, only people who cosplay as them online

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Fishy Joe posted:

so he knocked this kid up then locked her in a shipping container in order to eat the newborn child then let her go? Amazing !!!!!!!!!

this is legal according mises.org

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

lol there are no anarcho-capitalists, only people who cosplay as them online

Yeah we know. You're right here.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Not only am I not a communist (the idea of not being privileged makes me break out in hives), I masturbate exclusively to twinks whispering.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Are there more pics of the victim please.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Particularly ones of her tied up in various postal containers, boxes, and comically oversized envelopes

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

lol twee as gently caress are you a libertarian

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hell, who among us can claim to have never been a communist anime

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I hope he never sexually abused her but instead tried to live a normal life with her and his pony collection

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

a hole-y ghost posted:

lol twee as gently caress are you a libertarian

mra pua ron paul voting alex jones listening true patriot :911:

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Only one?
Only nine months?

Amateur.