Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
I'm really sorry but I'll have to quit this league. I'll be gone all summer and I'm not that excited about fantasy football so much anyway and I doubt that'll change. Should I just leave the league on nfl? (Dontrel Dolphins is my team btw)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Back in for next year

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Wuntvor posted:

I'm really sorry but I'll have to quit this league. I'll be gone all summer and I'm not that excited about fantasy football so much anyway and I doubt that'll change. Should I just leave the league on nfl? (Dontrel Dolphins is my team btw)

I'll take care of it on commish end. Thanks!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Bump!

When are the rosters going to be migrated to the current season?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm back for year 2!

I was in way too many leagues last year so I couldn't give this league the attention I should have. I'm going to keep it to 2 or 3 leagues this year :)

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

RCarr posted:

I'm back for year 2!

I was in way too many leagues last year so I couldn't give this league the attention I should have. I'm going to keep it to 2 or 3 leagues this year :)

Me too, I'm doing this, calvinball and one $ league

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Azhais posted:

Bump!

When are the rosters going to be migrated to the current season?

I'll look into this, I'm guessing it's after the keeper deadline.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Sorry to intrude but I thought that some fresh blood might be present in this thread - The SAS Dynasty League: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720792

is currently short one player, and is looking for a committed replacement - we're going strong for 5 years with a contract length mechanism that rolls over next year for our initial drafts. Things are just starting to get interesting!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Just wanted to check in and see what the plan was for scheduling the draft this season. Me weekends are starting to fill up and I it'd be nice to get something squared away.

Also: please god somebody trade me a WR1. I have multiple first round draft picks, I have a couple of young RBs I'd be willing to deal (LMurray, Hyde, Kadeem), goon favorite ASJ, some young WRs (Latimer, Lee, Wright), hell I'd even entertain offers for Lacy. I just really want a stud WR.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
I'm pretty sure Golden Tate isn't a stud WR but I'd be open to trading him, or potentially trading CJ if I got a good enough offer

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Just wanted to check in and see what the plan was for scheduling the draft this season. Me weekends are starting to fill up and I it'd be nice to get something squared away.

Also: please god somebody trade me a WR1. I have multiple first round draft picks, I have a couple of young RBs I'd be willing to deal (LMurray, Hyde, Kadeem), goon favorite ASJ, some young WRs (Latimer, Lee, Wright), hell I'd even entertain offers for Lacy. I just really want a stud WR.

Live Draft Scheduled: Sunday, Aug 23, 2015 at 12:00pm EDT

I want to say that's after week 3 or 4 of pre season. Reminder the draft will be 7 rounds NON snaking.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So I gotta ask, am I the only one that doesn't see any rosters at all on the site? I'm looking at the 2015 home that nfl.com sent me mail about months ago.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Azhais posted:

So I gotta ask, am I the only one that doesn't see any rosters at all on the site? I'm looking at the 2015 home that nfl.com sent me mail about months ago.

No I don't see any either. You can see who is on YOUR team by going to the keeper screen. I actually kind of like NFL.com (mostly for the slick draft center), but their offseason options seem downright bizarre.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

No I don't see any either. You can see who is on YOUR team by going to the keeper screen. I actually kind of like NFL.com (mostly for the slick draft center), but their offseason options seem downright bizarre.

Yeah, its really messed up on the back end. But I can move draft picks around pretty easy which is important.
Edit: Holy crap 2 months to football.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Some of my other leagues are starting to schedule their drafts. Any idea when we'd be looking?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Live Draft Scheduled: Sunday, Aug 23, 2015 at 12:00pm EDT

I want to say that's after week 3 or 4 of pre season. Reminder the draft will be 7 rounds NON snaking.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Hey Blue,

Sorry to make more work for ya, but I have a few requests! Can we possibly:
1) Figure out keepers a week or so before the draft so that we have time to set our big board without literally having to rank the entire player universe (it's the "Keeper Lock Date" league setting).
2) Maybe email the owners that haven't responded yet? Deadline is tomorrow and I think we have a few left to respond...
3) Update the first post with the draft date, keeper lock date, and current list of returning owners?

Thanks! I'm needy.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Yes

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Hey Blue,

Sorry to make more work for ya, but I have a few requests! Can we possibly:
1) Figure out keepers a week or so before the draft so that we have time to set our big board without literally having to rank the entire player universe (it's the "Keeper Lock Date" league setting).
2) Maybe email the owners that haven't responded yet? Deadline is tomorrow and I think we have a few left to respond...
3) Update the first post with the draft date, keeper lock date, and current list of returning owners?

Thanks! I'm needy.

Done

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Awesome, thanks.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Hey guys, Im back for year 2. I figured I'd forget to hang around in this thread over the summer.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Email says 9/16 and 9/23 respectively, I'm assuming those are typos and you meant 8?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

KettleWL posted:

Email says 9/16 and 9/23 respectively, I'm assuming those are typos and you meant 8?

Yes 8, is August not 9. You'd think i'd know this crap by now.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Ok, we are just waiting on Miller Time as Dontrel Dolphins has said he won't be back.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I'm opening up Miller Time's spot, and i'll be posting about the open spots on the fantasy thread.

Also REMINDER :siren:

Set your keepers by 8/16!!!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Joined as Eifert 65! (name will likely change. Had to pick something on the spot)

Looking forward to having an SA league. Haven't played on nfl.com before, so I just want to confirm - I set my keepers through the league page?

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Aug 10, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gobias Ind. posted:

Joined as Eifert 65! (name will likely change. Had to pick something on the spot)

Looking forward to having an SA league. Haven't played on nfl.com before, so I just want to confirm - I set my keepers through the league page?

Yeah, it's essentially the only page nfl.com has open in the offseason. There's a "keepers" link in the top menu once you're on your team page.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Azhais posted:

Yeah, it's essentially the only page nfl.com has open in the offseason. There's a "keepers" link in the top menu once you're on your team page.

Thanks.

Marshmallow, I just noticed that you actually gave me Team 2 instead of Team 1. Any way to switch that? I'm fine to keep this team if it's a pain but would prefer to switch if possible.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Welcome!

I hope you enjoy spam because I am going to send you roughly a trade offer per day for one of dem wide receivers once the season starts.

You may think I'm joking but the other folks here can attest: I'm really not.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Welcome!

I hope you enjoy spam because I am going to send you roughly a trade offer per day for one of dem wide receivers once the season starts.

You may think I'm joking but the other folks here can attest: I'm really not.

Thanks!

Bring on the offers, I love being in super active leagues. Just be prepared for me to hang on to my guys just a little too tightly because I've developed an affection for them.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

Thanks.

Marshmallow, I just noticed that you actually gave me Team 2 instead of Team 1. Any way to switch that? I'm fine to keep this team if it's a pain but would prefer to switch if possible.

did that work?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Marshmallow Blue posted:

did that work?

Fixed! Thanks.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Just noticed the thread. I took over the other open team. Hopefully I can turn this mess into something slightly less messy... there weren't even 15 players on the team that felt worth keeping. The dude drafted way too many handcuffs.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Hey man Brown/TY/Nuke/AP/Ingram ought to keep you competitive for a year or two while you pick up some young rbs. This team finished 4th last year.

Gobias' new team on the other hand somehow managed to finish 9th despite having a WR core of OBJ/Kelvin/Evans. That team is going to be a monster after this year's draft.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Hey man Brown/TY/Nuke/AP/Ingram ought to keep you competitive for a year or two while you pick up some young rbs. This team finished 4th last year.

Gobias' new team on the other hand somehow managed to finish 9th despite having a WR core of OBJ/Kelvin/Evans. That team is going to be a monster after this year's draft.

I guess with Charles and Ellington both missing some time the previous owner had Forsett and a bunch of trash at RB? Still surprising that he finished 9th though.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

Just noticed the thread. I took over the other open team. Hopefully I can turn this mess into something slightly less messy... there weren't even 15 players on the team that felt worth keeping. The dude drafted way too many handcuffs.

Yeah the draft was pretty interesting with 12 people and 22 rounds.

Also, is everyone fine with this thread or do you guys want a new years model?

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Yeah the draft was pretty interesting with 12 people and 22 rounds.

Also, is everyone fine with this thread or do you guys want a new years model?

fine with me.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Forever_Peace posted:

Oh yeah, I'd be stoked to have this team this year in redraft. Not quite as as hot in keeper/dynasty though. Additionally, although it has great starters, the team is pretty shallow after accounting for the inevitable injuries. Going to need to do well adding depth in the draft.

I've never done waiver wire budget before, does anyone have any general advice for approaching waivers throughout the season? Do you need to use the budget on free agents mid week, or are those actually free?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

Oh yeah, I'd be stoked to have this team this year in redraft. Not quite as as hot in keeper/dynasty though. Additionally, although it has great starters, the team is pretty shallow after accounting for the inevitable injuries. Going to need to do well adding depth in the draft.

I've never done waiver wire budget before, does anyone have any general advice for approaching waivers throughout the season? Do you need to use the budget on free agents mid week, or are those actually free?

Free agents are free, it's only if you are scared they wont clear waivers that you use budget. Last year someone spent the 200 entirely on Blount. It's a total crap shoot on who spends how much, could be a dollar could be 150. It's how much you really want the player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

CompeAnansi posted:

Pickups are more expensive the further you go into the season.

• Locked thread