Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
President Ark
May 16, 2010

Looks like you got a good deal there!

1. open google chrome
2. type "www.wikipedia.org" into the address bar but do not actually go there
3. google chrome will have "www.wikipedia.org/wiki/list_of_ecchi_anime" as its first autocomplete suggestion

seriously this will happen even on fresh installs of google chrome on brand-new computers and it apparently happens everywhere, as I searched and someone in ohio has also noticed this

seriously what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

lol what the gently caress is ecchi

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

I really just want a girl I can come home to at night, who will already have Anime on, my hookah lit, is dressed all pinup-ey and shit, and is ready to fuck on the dime. That would be sick.

a hole-y ghost posted:

lol what the gently caress is ecchi

i have no idea at all nuh uh

FordPRefectLL
Dec 29, 2007

LL

i was going to yell at you and say its based off of your search patterns but wtf

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Why would you use google chrome?

darkwing cuck
Jan 13, 2009

Humour is like violence. They both come to you unexpectedly, and the more unpredictable they both are, the better it gets.

hahaha holy poo poo i thought i was getting trolled but sure enough

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

FordPRefectLL posted:

i was going to yell at you and say its based off of your search patterns but wtf

lol yeah me too

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006
WARNING: THIS IS AN AL BORLAND POST

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO READ THIS BULL SHIT!!!

President Ark posted:

1. open google chrome
3. google chrome will have "www.wikipedia.org/wiki/list_of_ecchi_anime" as its first autocomplete suggestion

seriously this will happen even on fresh installs of google chrome on brand-new computers and it apparently happens everywhere, as I searched and someone in ohio has also noticed this

From what I can tell. It is based off of your previous searches OP.

vocaloid orgasm
Apr 15, 2011

I keep on singing
Eternal life
VOCALOID

ecchi means good.

watch some of the series it suggests. it'll be good for you.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

lol that owns. a bunch of horned up dudes all searching for some animes to watch are ruining google

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

LAMIERDAROJA

Al Borland posted:

From what I can tell. It is based off of your previous searches OP.

i don't think so borland, I'm getting the same result

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

you have to type it into your address bar. not google you fool

and dont forget the http://www. or the first result is some sort of skin disease

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

...an entire galaxy? Of puppies?

what the heck it's true

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Alberto Basalm posted:

whats really weird is the ones below ecchi are different for me

e:

darkwing cuck
Jan 13, 2009

Humour is like violence. They both come to you unexpectedly, and the more unpredictable they both are, the better it gets.

are you a loving grandma? don't google it, type it in the loving address bar. gently caress

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Ode To Viceroy

GOOGLE CHROME

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Alberto Basalm posted:

and dont forget the http://www. or the first result is some sort of skin disease

ecchi anime: more important than abraham lincoln

FordPRefectLL
Dec 29, 2007

LL

lol

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

...an entire galaxy? Of puppies?

i dunno what that is, is there a way i can find out?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass.

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/feet

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

President Ark posted:

1. open google chrome

holy gently caress

273423-X
Nov 3, 2008

There isn't even a wikipedia article of that name anymore, looks like it got deleted over two years ago

What kind of hosed up google algorithm made this happen

Maoist Pussy
Feb 11, 2014

Does this have anything to do with Justine Tunney

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Bolian Blues posted:

There isn't even a wikipedia article of that name anymore, looks like it got deleted over two years ago

What kind of hosed up google algorithm made this happen
no accident of the algorithm, it was the work of millions of combined man hours by deft otaku fingers

the wildest ass
Oct 10, 2012

Its not even just chrome

I'm not even in the US and it comes up before spanish results!

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

You might be using Chrome's "URL prediction service" which uses Google servers to predict what you might be trying to type. Go to Settings, then to "Show advanced settings" at the bottom and disable the following:

"Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar or the app launcher search box"

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

rgocs posted:

You might be using Chrome's "URL prediction service" which uses Google servers to predict what you might be trying to type. Go to Settings, then to "Show advanced settings" at the bottom and disable the following:

"Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar or the app launcher search box"

shut up and type it in your own browser, turbonerd

President Ark
May 16, 2010

rgocs posted:

that still raises the question of why google's servers think literally every person going to wikipedia wants to look at a list of anime

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

This is pretty funny. I was gonna say cookies idiot but nope.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

satanic splash-back posted:

shut up and type it in your own browser, turbonerd

I did, it only shows up if I have the option enabled.

Ball Cupper
Sep 10, 2011

~beautiful in my own way~

Woah, it does this on my phone too, and every piece of technology I own. What the heck?>???

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

President Ark posted:

that still raises the question of why google's servers think literally every person going to wikipedia wants to look at a list of anime

Ironically, the way Google search works, I am guessing all the users now checking out the "www.wikipedia.org/wiki/list of ecchi anime" suggestion are reinforcing Google's belief that it is the right thing to suggest.

273423-X
Nov 3, 2008

So it's like when #HitlerDidNothingWrong was trending on Twitter because everyone was tweeting about how awful it was that #HitlerDidNothingWrong was trending on Twitter?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

What's the matter!? Did you catch a bug!?

Guys this goes deeper than we think, back in high school I wanted to get a tattoo on my back that showed my support for free knowledge. Well now I got curious and it turns out that when you put my wikipedia.org tattoo under an ultraviolet light it adds "/list_of_ecchi_anime"

I'm scared, guys. I keep hearing scuttling noises and I could have sworn that I saw a tentacle pressing against the door a few minutes ago.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
GTVA Celois

this is a cool wiki page, tia

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

Rise and shine, master leprechaun.

Dogs, do I gotta point out it's en.wikipedia.org?

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003

lol that owns

the wildest ass
Oct 10, 2012

Xaris posted:

this is a cool wiki page, tia

but the page doesnt actually exist

are you a time traveler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark