Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
I don't even have Burst, dorkus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
Coordinated Dash then.

Here's the thing, it's 3 beats to time out, I'm down 8 life and have 1 Crescendo. I am quite certain I can't do enough damage without getting hit to turn this around in those three beats.

I would like to offer a concession.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Fair enough. If we play it out, I fully plan to blatantly stall out the last 3 beats, which isn't really going to be fun for anyone involved. :v:

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

I have learned I do not like Demitras. However, I do need to give him at least one more shot, as I've been a bit scatterbrained this week.

Fake Edit: poo poo, that's not to lessen your victory. You got me good on that last Jousting beat. I thought I was so clever with that Cancel setup.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Before the match, I actually thought Demitras would have the advantage. I didn't think K&J would do that well against the "extremes" - extreme speed or extreme damage. It turned out that having assloads of Start of Beat movement is really great against speedy people, just like in my Pendros vs. Aria match against Gutter Owl.

I forget how that Demitras vs. Luc match a little while ago went (I think you were running it?), but didn't that end in a time out as well? Honestly I feel like Demitras would be a better character if the game had a longer clock. As it was, I realized around Beat 10 or 11 that I didn't have to try to hit you for the rest of the game because you were drained and Demitras has garbage damage.

Incidentally, this beat I was going to Pulse, put us in opposite corners, and spend the rest of the match trimming my claws in the corner or something. Sorry for the rear end in a top hat tactics, but it was honestly my best bet.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

I play Tanis and Malandrax as my mains. Believe me, I'd forgive you rear end in a top hat tactics any day of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Karin and Jager win by concession! Congrats, Wolery!

Karin's mobility was indeed a pretty big deal in this match- Demitras needs his opponent to stand still and get hit, both to build up Crescendo and so that he can get his massive hits off every few turns. The power penalties on all his styles makes it difficult to do much of anything without it, and if he ever loses his priority advantage for long it can be hard to get it back.

• Locked thread