Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

I'm glad Rachel dratch stopped showing up as random wacky side characters that was dumb!!!
me2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Carver Crisis posted:

I still haven't watched the last season of 30 Rock, is it good?

i liked it :)

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Carver Crisis posted:

Yeah it was shorter so the writers didn't have to scrape the bottom of the barrel like they occasionally did in the previous season and the finale was pretty much perfect

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

30 Rock is the poo poo

One of the few shows I can actually watch from beginning to end without skipping anything

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

It's actually amazing how long they went without hooking up. It's been a while since I saw the last few seasons of The X Files, but as far as I recall, the only time during the show where they were even close to it was in between seasons 5 and 6, where they are about to kiss and then they get interrupted or some poo poo.

It was even better when everyone who watched the show had massive blue balls because they never hooked up. Like 10 years later they made a second movie, almost totally unrelated to the show aside from the title, and BAM the first time you see Mulder and Scully, they're naked in bed together.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Carver Crisis posted:

It's 'ok,' but the last few episodes are great. They really nailed the finale.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
they say it about the wire all the time but even when its not as good its still better than 99% of its genre competition.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
But it would be awesome if they did because then their cute couple nickname would be Jizz :suicide:

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
you know I never thought about it. good point ( really )

personally i thought it was funny that at the beginning she was supposed to be kind of a gross unpleasant character (as much as can be in 30 rock i mean) but in reality she had to try pretty fuckin hard to not be hot. but by the end it was way more true

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

I'm glad Rachel dratch stopped showing up as random wacky side characters that was dumb!!!

she played jenna in the unaired pilot and it was pretty disturbing

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
i really wanted a tv promo with dwight, jack and ron swanson (dont think there's any comparable character on community) doing something together but it never happened and now will never happen and i think, this is just me typing out loud here, that somebody REALLY hosed UP.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Frostwerks posted:

i really wanted a tv promo with dwight, jack and ron swanson (dont think there's any comparable character on community) doing something together but it never happened and now will never happen and i think, this is just me typing out loud here, that somebody REALLY hosed UP.

i would watch that show

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Op afraid of getting cuck'd by fat Baldwin

Same reason I don't watch Baldwin episode with Seinfeld coffee

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
they spend an entire episode setting up a lemon party joke

and they don't say it explicitly, but the guy liz ends up marrying is named Chris Cross

David Copperfield fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 30, 2014

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

David Copperfield posted:

also, they don't say it explicitly, but the guy liz ends up marrying is named Chris Cross

and kenneth has always been immortal

they do say it explicitly i know this and i havent even really seen much of it....

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
nobody ever says his whole name out loud, but you can see it on papers and stuff

god drat it, i just remembered the episode where they get jim carrey to parody his entire career. proest-tier comedy show

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

and they don't say it explicitly, but the guy liz ends up marrying is named Chris Cross

Spelled "Criss", much to Jack's chagrin.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

they spend an entire episode setting up a lemon party joke

Kriss Chros

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

30 rock finale was the best ever.

naem
May 29, 2011

nobody ever says his whole name out loud, but you can see it on papers and stuff

god drat it, i just remembered the episode where they get jim carrey to parody his entire career. proest-tier comedy show

Wait which season was this lol

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
I don't remember what season it is except one of the later ones, but the episode is called Leap Day

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
tina fay is uggo and not funny

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
besides mauybe arrested development. 30 rock is the most white ppl poo poo ever white ppl never shut up about it. oh yeah friends too that poo poo was whitebtead af

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

they never hooked up because tina fey was writing the show and she's actually a good writer

pretty sure in xfiles mulder and scully did eventually hook up (during the regular show) but not on-camera. I think it was heavily implied in that one episode that gillain anderson directed that was really weird? It's been 20 years so I don't remember too well now.

hmm other shows where they didn't hook up, hard to think of one...

i'm pretty sure in Max Headroom, eddison carter never hooks up with the chick who played his controller operator lady?

beavis & butthead never boned

did any of you ever watch that british sitcom Spaced? Tim and Daisy never hooked up

really hard to think of more

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah I know it's because Tina fey wrote it and she's good at that poo poo but drat

It was so effective because even in the early seasons jack was like lol no and Liz was disgusted. Perfect

Just really god drat nice that it never happened. Any other lovely show would have either had them hook up early on, or had them cheat on their SOs with each other for much laughs, much comedy, yes, tv ratings.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I liked the pretty woman joke, in the episode where jack goes to a party with Liz and meets his ex wife, and no one says anything about it she just recoils in pain and he laughs nervously.

I also like that Kenneth is continually hinted at being an immortal tv page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I'm rewatching 30-Rock this week, I forgot how funny Dr. Spaceman was.

"Is it 411 or 911?"

[Dials three numbers]

"New York. Uhhh... Diabetes repair, I guess?"

• Locked thread