Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

oldpainless posted:

....the Galleria?

Also featured in Commando. Its not there anymore, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

genesplicer posted:

In the Terminator comics, that's exactly what Skynet does. They make all sorts of terminators, so they won't be suspected. In one story, a woman with a baby is being chased by terminators. She's rescued by a group of humans. It turns out that their dogs sense something's up, and realize that both the woman and the baby are terminators, as well. Had they made it into one of the human strongholds, they could have done a lot of damage.

Also, watch the first film. When Kyle has the dream where he's remembering his past (our future), after a battle he and the others go into a stronghold. A terminator makes it inside and attacks. The terminator is a very muscly guy, but it's not Arnold. (Also, the gun he's carrying is supposed to be a plasma rifle. In the movie, it is portrayed by a highly-modified Spandau aircraft machine gun. This particular weapon had the trigger mounted on the end, which necessitated squeezing a handle to fire it. They used it in the film for this very reason, the unusual firing mode made it look all futuristic, despite the fact that the gun is actually from World War I.)

wasnt originally michael beihn supposed to be the terminator and arnold the future dude? or is this just a rumor

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Cream_Filling posted:

wasnt originally michael beihn supposed to be the terminator and arnold the future dude? or is this just a rumor

I think it was Lance Henriksen who was supposed to be the terminator originally.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

they should have just ripped off the books and have this be some bad rear end special forces guy they modeled the terminator after

itd still suck but you know itd be less creatively bankrupt

Hi, I'm Chief Master Sergeant William Candy.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

Hi, I'm Chief Master Sergeant William Candy.

this bit was the best thing about T3 and it wasnt even in the movie

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

genesplicer posted:

In the Terminator comics, that's exactly what Skynet does. They make all sorts of terminators, so they won't be suspected. In one story, a woman with a baby is being chased by terminators. She's rescued by a group of humans. It turns out that their dogs sense something's up, and realize that both the woman and the baby are terminators, as well. Had they made it into one of the human strongholds, they could have done a lot of damage.

Also, watch the first film. When Kyle has the dream where he's remembering his past (our future), after a battle he and the others go into a stronghold. A terminator makes it inside and attacks. The terminator is a very muscly guy, but it's not Arnold. (Also, the gun he's carrying is supposed to be a plasma rifle. In the movie, it is portrayed by a highly-modified Spandau aircraft machine gun. This particular weapon had the trigger mounted on the end, which necessitated squeezing a handle to fire it. They used it in the film for this very reason, the unusual firing mode made it look all futuristic, despite the fact that the gun is actually from World War I.)

That first bit reminds me of the story Second Variety.

It's Arnold's friend Franco Colombu as the past scene Terminator.

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

I think it was Lance Henriksen who was supposed to be the terminator originally.

It was, they wanted the Terminator to look like an everyman who could blend in (which makes sense).

Little fun fact: Lance Henriksen and Bill Paxton are the only actors killed by a Terminator, Alien, and Predator.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cream_Filling posted:

Yeah Arnold was originally going to be the hero but james cameron naturally decided he would make a more effective villain.

also another fun casting story for the movie

quote:

Cameron was dubious about casting Schwarzenegger as Reese as he felt he would need someone even bigger to play the Terminator.

The studio had suggested O. J. Simpson for the role of the Terminator, but Cameron did not feel that Simpson would be believable as a killer.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

I hate to see him go...but I love to watch him leave.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

etalian posted:

The studio had suggested O. J. Simpson for the role of the Terminator, but Cameron did not feel that Simpson would be believable as a killer.

If the mech arm don't fit, you must acquit

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Watchin' T1 again now thanks thread.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i watched terminator 2 for the first time a few months ago on netflix. it owns and you should watch it. see ya

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Trip report

Celery drummin' owns. T1 owns.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
The worst part about the Terminator franchise is in T1 we see Arnold's junk just swingin' around, in T2 we see Robert Patrick's ballsack dangling, and in T3, they cast a hot babe as the Terminator and we get nothing, not even a nip slip.

Kaytwo
Jun 2, 2014

by Ralp
Terminator 3 owns and Salvation sucked giant horse cock

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

MondayHotDog posted:

The worst part about the Terminator franchise is in T1 we see Arnold's junk just swingin' around, in T2 we see Robert Patrick's ballsack dangling, and in T3, they cast a hot babe as the Terminator and we get nothing, not even a nip slip.

all 3 terminators are like different eras of cinema

the early 2000s sucked for film

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

all 3 terminators are like different eras of cinema

the early 2000s sucked for film

Wet Hot American Summer is from 2001 so you are wrong

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

holy poo poo the next one is spelled "Terminator Genisys"

is this some new tech company who has a horrible titular pun name?

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
It's like they're trying to make the worst possible thing.

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014
Rewatching the second one now and that picture is just making me sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

MondayHotDog posted:

Blame Reagan.

• Locked thread