Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

I really like how none of the cars explode when being hit with the minigun. If this was a movie being made now they would all detonate from being shot by a pistol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

dontcareaboutname posted:

i had to help raise my 20+ cousins, i never want kids. but i'm guessing me not having sex is the joke here. Most of my family is into accounting so everyone is jew cheap, if the kids want to watch something they can watch netflix on my 37 inch lcd.

the joke was that you sounded like a 70-year-old man

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Irradiation posted:

I really like how none of the cars explode when being hit with the minigun. If this was a movie being made now they would all detonate from being shot by a pistol.

this reminds me of my biggest pet peeve sound engineers not using real gun sounds, guns sounding way to quiet too little bass on big guns.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

also id see terminator 2 in theaters like four times if i had the chance

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

i still want to just point out i hate HD in lots of modern movies, it raises cost a whole lot and makes lots of props and costumes look far cheaper than if the film quality was lowered just a bit.

the only thing that's really benefited from hd was deadwood

but the sets were supposed to look like a hastily thrown together shantytown covered in dirt and mud

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Chupe Raho Aurat posted:

I don't understand why they keep remaking movies like this.. it's ALWAYS an abysmal failure. Surely someone in Hollywood must understand the idea of "a product of it's time". Imagine if Arnolds career started today, Commando would be so badly panned it would kill any future he had and probably bankrupt the company that made it.

creativity was killed, stuffed and mounted on the Hollywood sign, years ago.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the t-1000 has the most badass death of any villian ever. hes nearly unstoppable unless thrown into loving lava, and once he dies he screams and flails horribly as he releases the souls of everyone he killed

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

newreply.php posted:

oh word 3d sucks balls. i went to watch the hobbit with a cameraman/editor friend and he could not stand it because of how horrible it looked. if its shot with stereoscopic cameras its fine though, like gravity. avatar was also done that way but that one sucked because its a poo poo film

All the live action shots in Gravity were converted to 3D in post production.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

i haven't seen either been to the movies in probably 10 years, i'd rather spend my money on food or gas. I also hate most of the actors i see in new movies, feels off. Also weird never really seeing people that look old, i mean they got extras that look like they may keel over from being old/infirm but they just don't have lots of nobodies that look like they are in the 60's. too many actors that are 50 and look like they are in their late 20's and actors in thier 20's that look like children. Just looks inhuman.

How old are you?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

swampland posted:

How old are you?

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Haha jesus are youserious? You sound way too old and beaten down for that, go out today and spend some money on something more fun than food and gas please youre depressing me

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

swampland posted:

Haha jesus are youserious? You sound way too old and beaten down for that, go out today and spend some money on something more fun than food and gas please youre depressing me

i spent my fun money on cat litter, and an oil change this week.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

:(

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
Ah man!

That will teach me to spend time on the internet.. James Cameron has pussified Skynet.

It's canon that this entire "go back in time" situation has been engineered by Skynet to erase its own existence as it "feels guilty" over the whole killing everybody thing.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Terminator 2 Is Such a Good Film

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Terminator 2 Is Such a Good Film

I would get mad over Avatar but on the bright side it made Chinese people cry like crazy over the contrast between their smog filled gross cities vs. the world of Avatar.

etalian fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 2, 2014

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

its a good movie

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

All the live action shots in Gravity were converted to 3D in post production.

oh huh i thought it was shot with fusions

its really well done then bc usually that poo poo looks like viewmaster pics when done in post

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I'm well aware, the real t 800 would never say "no problemo" or "don't have a cow" or "cowabunga" or whatever other dumb poo poo they wrote to make a killer robot appeal more to the TMNT crowd of babies in diapers whom the movie was written for.

In a deleted scene they turn on his neural net processor so he can learn.

If you don't tear up at "I know now why you cry" you're subhuman.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Your next sentence should be that you don't own a cat or a car.

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
i rewatched it yesterday

still really good and the effects hold up well

i iwsh i got to see it in theaters as a child

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

oldpainless posted:

Your next sentence should be that you don't own a cat or a car.

sorry i got a really sweet alley cat i adopted some time last year, and i just paid off my new newish car, 210 hyundai i've only put 18300 miles on in close to 5 years, i want that car to last me for a good 20 years.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

In a deleted scene they turn on his neural net processor so he can learn.

If you don't tear up at "I know now why you cry" you're subhuman.

wait that was a deleted scene?

dang, looks like I've never seen the theatrical cut then

and I feel like I'm better off this way

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I want to say T2 might hold the record for most DVD edition releases.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

oldpainless posted:

I want to say T2 might hold the record for most DVD edition releases.

star wars? its not a record unless it has more releases than street fighter 2.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

M.Ciaster posted:

wait that was a deleted scene?

dang, looks like I've never seen the theatrical cut then

and I feel like I'm better off this way

This is like how I forget the scene in Aliens when Burke tells Ripley about her daughter is not in the original movie.

And the scenes where the T-1000 runs its hands all over John's walls or kills the dog and sees the dog's actual name are in the extended cut only I think.

Lets! Get! Weird! fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 2, 2014

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Chupe Raho Aurat posted:

Ah man!

That will teach me to spend time on the internet.. James Cameron has pussified Skynet.

It's canon that this entire "go back in time" situation has been engineered by Skynet to erase its own existence as it "feels guilty" over the whole killing everybody thing.

it makes sense though

people forget so much of what kyle reese says in T1. kyle says that skynet has lost and that they've smashed all the way to its central core. the reason it sends back the terminators is because it has no other chance to win - it's a last ditch attempt that fails and brings john connor into being.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

i still want to just point out i hate HD in lots of modern movies, it raises cost a whole lot and makes lots of props and costumes look far cheaper than if the film quality was lowered just a bit.

The fact that they shot Machete 2 in beautifully clear HD is the most baffling movie production decision I've ever seen.

I mean, the movie was a hot mess anyway, but how can you be that clueless about what you're tying to make?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Yeah they cut so many important scenes out of T2 originally that the film lost quite a bit of it's plot. The T800 had that conversation with Sarah how his memory is basically "read only" which alludes to that Skynet is worried that the Terminators in the field might start to do too much thinking, in the original cut they just leave it at that conversation and suddenly arnie learns new stuff later on. As have been said the whole scene with the dog is missing, as are several of T1000s scenes like that one scene where he runs his fingers over everything, kind of showing how he works. Later on at the showdown in the smelter facility after he got frozen and blown to pieces there are several short and very nice special effects scenes that show that there's something wrong with him, with his feet sticking to the floor or taking on the pattern of nearby material on his hand, him seemingly having no control over it and appearing damaged. That whole part was missing in the initial cut, too.

Sarahs dream scene in the mental hospital also was cut down to the nuclear nightmare part and missed the entire part where Kyle Reese appeared in her dream. I'm sure there was even more.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

This is like how I forget the scene in Aliens when Burke tells Ripley about her daughter is not in the original movie.

And the scenes where the T-1000 runs its hands all over John's walls or kills the dog and sees the dog's actual name are in the extended cut only I think.

wow why would you cut that

same goes for the neural processor scene it's like the entire reason the terminator suddenly starts learning and poo poo

it's kind of an important scene like wtf

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

M.Ciaster posted:

same goes for the neural processor scene it's like the entire reason the terminator suddenly starts learning and poo poo

don't know what you guys are talking about i only ever saw theatrical cut, or whatever hbo showed when it was a new movie

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

it makes sense though

people forget so much of what kyle reese says in T1. kyle says that skynet has lost and that they've smashed all the way to its central core. the reason it sends back the terminators is because it has no other chance to win - it's a last ditch attempt that fails and brings john connor into being.

Yeah but then again the future war sequence in terminator 2 doesn't give off that impression(even though the original draft has the actual assault on the central core in it)

M.Ciaster posted:

in the directors cut it's like a full half hour intill the actual mall shootout scene so the producers probably thought the average joe couldnt handle the lack of action

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

the director’s cut is better but also the t1000 disappears for like an hour and doesn’t really feel like a thread anymore.

first one is better.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Crackerman posted:

the director’s cut is better but also the t1000 disappears for like an hour and doesn’t really feel like a thread anymore.

first one is better.

arnie was also in way better shape 1st movie.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it wasn't that long a gap I think it was just a presentation thing

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

in the directors cut it's like a full half hour intill the actual mall shootout scene so the producers probably thought the average joe couldnt handle the lack of action

Yeah, makes sense

now that I think of it T2 doesn't have that much action in it, but what is there (galleria and the LA river, asylum breakout, cyberdyne, steel mill) is still loving awesome

sorta related: thanks to the terrible/awesome mods thread in games I found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy6jdKeH-Rs

unfortunately the only version I managed to find only has the bar scene, but still

it's fun to tool around san andreas on a bike as arnie and blast people with your shotgun, think it's worth reinstalling for that alone

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

only because you saw his dong.

Kaytwo
Jun 2, 2014

by Ralp

:laffo:

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

M.Ciaster posted:

You can assume he was sent out with it on or something just by the fact he learns stuff in the movie. It is cool how they filmed the scene since Linda Hamilton has an identical twin sister so they used her for the back view (and she's used in the foundry as wlel).

No reason to show T-1000 touching everything to pick up information (you see it later when its hand sticks to the railing and poo poo) or the dog since it's redundant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

M.Ciaster posted:

Yeah, makes sense

now that I think of it T2 doesn't have that much action in it, but what is there (galleria and the LA river, asylum breakout, cyberdyne, steel mill) is still loving awesome

sorta related: thanks to the terrible/awesome mods thread in games I found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy6jdKeH-Rs

unfortunately the only version I managed to find only has the bar scene, but still

it's fun to tool around san andreas on a bike as arnie and blast people with your shotgun, think it's worth reinstalling for that alone

They should just make a terminator-franchise open-world style GTA game already. I don't wanna play a whimsy human either, I wanna be the cool guy who survives rockets to his face and climbs out of a crashed helicopter and can buy different sunglasses in shops. Hell give me an SR3-esque character creator. poo poo literally writes itself and would be a hit. Fuckers.

I've been saying this for years. The only GTA-style terminator game that ever was came out in 1990 and was made by loving Bethesda of all people. Kudos to them though, it had open world and driving and you could either be Kyle or Arnie, not bad for a 1990 game.

• Locked thread