Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i forget, did they keep the whole "t800 is the good guy this time" plot point in their pants until the movie came out or did they blow it immediately for advertisements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i like the first terminator better, but also the second aliens

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

sorta

arguably the movie itself did a bad job of concealing it

dont remember there being any indication that arnie was the good guy until that scene in the mall with the shotgun in the box of roses

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I'm well aware, the real t 800 would never say "no problemo" or "don't have a cow" or "cowabunga" or whatever other dumb poo poo they wrote to make a killer robot appeal more to the TMNT crowd of babies in diapers whom the movie was written for.

dang it that was about the robot killing machine becoming more human thru the power of friendship. its fukcing heart-warming or some poo poo.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its like the dang "no future but what we make" thing even applies to the dang robit because he can choose humanity over beep boop exterminate directives

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
that scene where the t1000 is pounding down the road on foot after their car as arnie unloads on him was fantastic & really makes you feel like theyre fighting something entirely unstoppable

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
while we are talking about cameron flicks, the sound production in aliens is so drat good.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"hey vasquez, you ever been mistaken for a man?"
"no. have you?"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Chupe Raho Aurat posted:

I don't understand why they keep remaking movies like this.. it's ALWAYS an abysmal failure. Surely someone in Hollywood must understand the idea of "a product of it's time". Imagine if Arnolds career started today, Commando would be so badly panned it would kill any future he had and probably bankrupt the company that made it.

because we used up all the IPs sometime in 2007 and studios are flailing around in a panic trying to cope with this horrid new post-originality world

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
uhhh gently caress uhhh Fast Times at Ridgemont High! yeah that was a good one! throw it in the cart lets reboot this bitch. uh okay what else uhhhhhhhh Wayne's World! Party on, goth! haha yeah kids love that poo poo! oh my god we need a hit ive got child support to pay

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im gonna start a studio based around doing retrograde remakes of things, like an 80s action flick style Pacific Rim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"mako! don't chase the rabbit!"

cut to the exterior of gipsy danger, played by a guy in a robot suit, with sparklers shooting off from its joints and a fog machine going

• Locked thread