Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Yea T2 is great when they took the scary nemesis from the film Terminator and had him giving a kid high 5's and saying things like "no problemo." If there's one thing I look for in a great sequel it's dumbing things down and making it more kid friendly. I mean in that first terminator movie all he does is kill and kill like a heartless machine programmed to kill. In the sequel the terminator has so much more range making funny faces and totally rad joke lines and being bossed around by a lovely kid. So good.

its okay i'm gay too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

naem posted:

I love that 1992 was once the far future

Terminator 2 took place in 1995

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Cyberball 2072 posted:

See thats kinda the movies' whole problem, making the t 800 a hero is a giant poo poo on the first movie and scores of innocent people he killed.

its a different guy though sooooo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

i forget, did they keep the whole "t800 is the good guy this time" plot point in their pants until the movie came out

sorta

arguably the movie itself did a bad job of concealing it

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

dont remember there being any indication that arnie was the good guy until that scene in the mall with the shotgun in the box of roses

the t1000 kills that cop in his first scene while arnie doesnt rip anybodys heart out at the bar like he did in the first one

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

what in the gently caress are you talking about?

autism

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Chupe Raho Aurat posted:

Awesome T2 tidbit:

You remember the bit where Arnie and the T1000 fight for the first time? The T1000 throws Arnies thru a window and a man stands shocked snapping off photos?

The reason he is shocked is not that he's just seen a man burst thru a window, it's because he recognises Arnie from a previous encounter. He is the young cop from Terminator 1 that Arnie steals the cruiser from after bashing his head against the back window. The role is deliberate and played by a member of the production crew.

[citation needed]

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

get down

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

redshirt posted:

Yes but he doesn't kill anyone in the biker bar either, does he?

He threw a dude onto the fryer which makes him atleast as brutal as the guy from the raid 2

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bregor posted:

Yeah I mean Sarah taught John about the coming apocalypse and being a ruthless leader, and all he wanted to do was use :siren:HACKER SKILLZ:siren: to rob an ATM. What a pussy.

Movie still owns bones though.

that sort of thinking is why youll never get rich

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

:eyepop:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Breetai posted:

On the flipside, it was going to be an adaptation of an anime.

a terminator anime would own

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

also id see terminator 2 in theaters like four times if i had the chance

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Terminator 2 Is Such a Good Film

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

it makes sense though

people forget so much of what kyle reese says in T1. kyle says that skynet has lost and that they've smashed all the way to its central core. the reason it sends back the terminators is because it has no other chance to win - it's a last ditch attempt that fails and brings john connor into being.

Yeah but then again the future war sequence in terminator 2 doesn't give off that impression(even though the original draft has the actual assault on the central core in it)

M.Ciaster posted:

wow why would you cut that

same goes for the neural processor scene it's like the entire reason the terminator suddenly starts learning and poo poo

it's kind of an important scene like wtf

in the directors cut it's like a full half hour intill the actual mall shootout scene so the producers probably thought the average joe couldnt handle the lack of action

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dontcareaboutname posted:

arnie was also in way better shape 1st movie.

it wasn't that long a gap I think it was just a presentation thing

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they should have just ripped off the books and have this be some bad rear end special forces guy they modeled the terminator after

itd still suck but you know itd be less creatively bankrupt

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

bonus points if they made it arnold from commando or predator

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I could see a predator trying to hunt a terminator for sport

not seeing it end well though

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

just rewatched t2

still the best

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

noticed a cool thing during the final scenes theres alot of orange blue contrast in that smelter but blue is the predominate color in the shots whenever the t1000 is around

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

terminator 2 is cool cause the end where the terminator sacrifices himself is also the franchise trying to kill itself before it can cause judgement day aka terminator 3

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

whats truly amazing about terminator 2 is it came out the same year as point break shits weird

Ginette Reno posted:

You have to have a truly horrifically bad movie on your hands to not be able to even make a good trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCj8sPCWfUw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

MondayHotDog posted:

The worst part about the Terminator franchise is in T1 we see Arnold's junk just swingin' around, in T2 we see Robert Patrick's ballsack dangling, and in T3, they cast a hot babe as the Terminator and we get nothing, not even a nip slip.

all 3 terminators are like different eras of cinema

the early 2000s sucked for film

• Locked thread