Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Nick Stahl has the acting range of a 2x4, Claire Danes is p hot and Arnold phoned it in.

This piece of poo poo invalidated T2, gently caress this movie. 1/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Talk to the hand.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i have zero idea what any of that is

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

THS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kayFrIR-Qfw

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

THS posted:

OP couldn't be hosed to type out "The Expendables 3"

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

naem
May 29, 2011

Claire Danes was in this?? I'm pretty bonery for her

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I AM A MACHINE!

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope
the future is not set so by going back to the past we can still stop Terminator: Salvation from happening

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it
T1 is still the best

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Dubious posted:

This piece of poo poo invalidated T2

lol this is a thing you believe maybe

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

there are only 2 terminator movies, i have no idea what movie you're talking about

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Fanfiction on film.

But Salvation was better than 3. gently caress 3 forever.

And Cameron wanted OJ to be the T-800...

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Agent Escalus posted:

Fanfiction on film.

And Cameron wanted OJ to be the T-800...

The t-800 never used a knife...

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

Agent Escalus posted:

This is wrong but not because 3 is a good film. 3 is loving garbage. But Salvation's script isn't just full of stupid things happening and stupid people like 3, it's also completely broken missing such film essentials as villain motivation.

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
The ending was pretty awesome and also terrible. It was the bravest and most interesting thing to happen in the whole film and also completely ruined the hopeful, ambiguous ending of the second film. Cameron should have just gone for the original ending in T2 and closed the whole loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EarXngYYlw

Salvation was much better than it had any right to be. But it was still not great. There were some pretty cool moments though

Lonos Oboe fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jul 30, 2014

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

cameron wasn't involved in terminator 3 genius

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

cameron wasn't involved in terminator 3 genius

I know, which is why I said he should have closed the loop on 2 better. Try and keep up.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

That deleted scene is better than the movie. lol

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
3 is bad but SALVATION is REALLLLY bsad

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I liked that one part where he shoots at the cop cars while holding a casket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwenTedA3w8

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
This movie has a scene in it where the dorky guy is like "NO TERMINATOR U HAVE A HEART AFTER ALL" and then the robot stops

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

The t-800 never used a knife...

Neither did OJ and that was proven in an actual court of law yes its a bad movie but I'm pretty sure you get to see Kristina Lokkens bum or boobs cant remember which?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Talking about T3 should be illegal

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

3 is bad but SALVATION is REALLLLY bsad

The trailer made it look like it was going to be awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GmLfivKQL8

gently caress. :smith:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i liked the terminator that had christian bale in it

it was a pretty good post apoc movie iirc, but ive only seen it once so who knows. but i recall being entertained

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
salvation would have been so much better if they hadn't spoiled the big reveal in the trailer.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Christian Bale has the acting range and charisma of a gorilla. For being the main character of the movie, he was outshined by basically everyone else. I hate that guy. When he's in a movie I already know that's a movie I don't need to watch.

Terminator 3 wasn't that bad for a mindless action flick and closer to the other two, it was just kind of weak overall. It also missed the horror elements the first two movies had in favor of stupid tries at humor that all fell flat. Also Schwarzenegger even after all the makeup and favorable lighting was just way too old for that movie and it showed.

Now they're making a 5th one and Schwarzenegger is the Terminator again, and apparently it's a reboot. (?) I can't imagine it not sucking tremendously.

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head
Yes, but this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_8KRefH67I

Tripalium
Mar 20, 2009

coin coin connard
T3 was pointless, but Salvation managed to gently caress up a very simple premise with a stupid plot, bad acting and Transformers CGI bullshit

The future scenes in T1 with the refugee camps and HKs had more atmosphere and were better than anything in Salvation, more of that would have been perfect

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
I like the bit in Salvation where Skynet had won, but then thought "gently caress it" and apprently got bored and gave up.

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
One thing about T3 that pisses me off is that it is all shot in this high key flat style. loving movie looks like a TV show.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
i can't even remember what happens in t3, that's how bad and unmemorable it is

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
If they kept Bale's rant against that one guy in, it would have been better. Except make the guy a T-800.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Terminator 3 was one of the first times I ever recognized a movie for being lovely. I was maybe 14 when I saw that turd after just having seen T1 and T2 and it clicked how stupid the entire premise was, how old arnold was, and how much I didn't like anything about an action movie. It's hard to hate an action movie as a 14 year old boy but bow howdy T3 succeeded.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Typical Pubbie posted:

salvation would have been so much better if they hadn't spoiled the big reveal in the trailer.

The same could be said for T2.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Irradiation posted:

The same could be said for T2.

Man people who get to see terminator movies without watching trailers for them are blessed... unless it's T3 because then they have no warning. :(

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
im glad it ruined jonathan mostow's career forever

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
I didn't hate T3. I actually find it kind of enjoyable I treat it as a non-canon pseudo sequel.

Never saw T:S.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles bothered me a lot more than T3. Totally unbelievable that a teenage boy has a 100% loyal robot Sumer Glau that he isn't loving 24 hours a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Lowen SoDium posted:

I didn't hate T3. I actually find it kind of enjoyable I treat it as a non-canon pseudo sequel.

I would launch t3 out of a cannon into your butt

• Locked thread