Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Reading have sacked Adkins, hopefully we can bring in someone who knows how to organise a defence imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Reading have sacked Adkins, hopefully we can bring in someone who knows how to organise a defence imo

Hyppia for Reading.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

We're set to announce Steve Clarke apparently, not sure what to think about that but meh I don't think we would have been able to attract much better

It's official

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/steve-clarke-reading-manager-appointed-2147556.aspx

Andre Le Fuckface fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 16, 2014

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Leeds, Forest and Blackburn are subject of a transfer embargo for failing to comply with FFP.

And Forest ended up winning the £250,000 Transfer Pot (you know, the one that gave you guys Colin Kazim-Richards) today, which is even funnier.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

We're set to announce Steve Clarke apparently, not sure what to think about that but meh I don't think we would have been able to attract much better

It's official

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/steve-clarke-reading-manager-appointed-2147556.aspx

Steve Clarke is a good manager in this posters opinion

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I was on BBC browsing about the Championship for some demented reason, and how the hell is Ipswich doing so well, apparently they have spent a grand total of 10,000 pounds on transfers... shouldn't they be on the verge of being relegated not near the top of the table?

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Jack2142 posted:

I was on BBC browsing about the Championship for some demented reason, and how the hell is Ipswich doing so well, apparently they have spent a grand total of 10,000 pounds on transfers... shouldn't they be on the verge of being relegated not near the top of the table?

Their manager is fully sick but I think a lot of teams are after their better players so it might not last past the January transfer window

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
They are doing extraordinarily well for the money they've spent and Big Mick is a top top manager but that whole 10k thing isn't really true.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
It's not and they're batting way above their average so far. They'll drop off after christmas.

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

You aren't my Alves, Afonso Alves,
you make me sa-aad when sky's are blue,
and Georgie Best, cost fucking less,
so please take my Alves away.
I want millwall to go back to league 1

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Jack2142 posted:

I imagine the best team in the league will give Ipswich a good hiding today and send them packing off down the table.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Raffles posted:

I imagine the best team in the league will give Ipswich a good hiding today and send them packing off down the table.

They're not playing Bournemouth today though???

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

JorahTheExplorer posted:

I want millwall to go back to league 1
I want you to suck a dick

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

They should relegate Blackpool in January, it's the humane thing to do

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Chris de Sperg posted:

I want you to suck a dick

Woah get a room you two haha

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Fulham status today:

Oh god why
Cool and good

Basically if we play Bryan Ruiz we win, since he needs about three players to deal with him and then everyone else scores hella goals. We will finish 9th.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Lewis Cook is some big time win

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Wazzerphuk posted:

Fulham status today:

Oh god why
Cool and good

Basically if we play Bryan Ruiz we win, since he needs about three players to deal with him and then everyone else scores hella goals. We will finish 9th.

ffs, just ffs

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Hyppia has resigned as Brighton (and Hove) manager and that Leeds has been charged with being a mean racist to gentle Cameron Jerome.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
The season starts here.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Bolton have signed Emile Heskey.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Did he play for Leicester when Lennon was there? That's the only connection I can think of. Bolton have been doing well lately too so I wonder how Heskey will fit into that.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

HJB posted:

Did he play for Leicester when Lennon was there? That's the only connection I can think of. Bolton have been doing well lately too so I wonder how Heskey will fit into that.
very carefully

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Bolton have signed Emile Heskey.

Most of our strikers are broken, so signing any striker should be good news, but then again my Aussie mate said Heskey was too poo poo for the A-League so I'm not confident OP.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Our DoF has been sacked for the shambles that was our summer transfer window as well.

Sacked on Christmas Eve, bloody hell.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Our DoF has been sacked for the shambles that was our summer transfer window as well.

Sacked on Christmas Eve, bloody hell.

Was he a postman?? Hahaha

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Right so basically as it stands we can go back in front of Fulham provided we beat the bottom club and they lose to the top one tomorrow

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

How do we feel about leeds?

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
i cant be mad about conceding to a heskey goal

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
The lad's turned the game around

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Millwall get in the bin

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

JorahTheExplorer posted:

How do we feel about leeds?

Looks like they're pretty poo poo OP.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

poo poo Farm posted:

i cant be mad about conceding to a heskey goal

Holy poo poo am I glad to be proved wrong about him... We should sign more OAPs if that's what they'll do for us!

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

ForeverBWFC posted:

Holy poo poo am I glad to be proved wrong about him... We should sign more OAPs if that's what they'll do for us!

reminder that Heskey is actually a really loving good footballer, not even in the advanced stats way, but nobody remembers the walkers stadium sooo

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Ah, back in the top half...here's to feeling good all the time

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Blue Star Error posted:

Millwall get in the bin

We're going up again

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

If by going up you mean being relegated to league one.
Yeah

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

ForeverBWFC posted:

Yeah, he looked pretty shard. Great to see him stick it to the firework-chuckers.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

JorahTheExplorer posted:

If by going up you mean being relegated to league one.
Yeah

I don't think Norwich will get relegated to league one JorahTheExplorer if that is your real name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
what are you doing Nottingham

• Locked thread