Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

corn in the fridge posted:

I would like to see Brentford do well because they are the nearest football league club to me but I won't care too much of they don't.
Was fun going in the local pubs last year and all the Brentford fans were singing "Bees up Fulham down" (to the tune of "Knees up mother brown"). I hope they can stay up but it'll be tough.

I heard Blackpool have 11 players now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Looks like Stewart Pearce is pretty poo poo at the Quenelle.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
As a loyal QPR supporter, I appreciate the great football that the Championship produces. I appreciate that the PL cannot exist without the lower divisions to support it. And most of all, I appreciate that Derby are a shitheap who cannot win with ten men and that Bobby Zamora is the best even though he is seventy years old.

In honour of the dedicated fans who argue in this thread in support of their terrible teams, I make the following pledge:

This season, QPR will finish higher (in terms of literal numerical position) in the PL than both Middlesbrough and Leeds in the Championship. If not, I will donate £10 to charity, or £25 if both teams manage a better finish than us.

This can be a :toxx: as long as someone PMs me to remind me that I posted this.

Money will go to a charity nominated by Pissflaps and/or whichever Leeds fan he has a bet with (stickfngrdboy I think?). Or otherwise it'll go to my local hospice.

Love the Championship. This year is really hard to call. I hope Fulham are bad and lose to Brentford.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Fulham are hilarious. Apparently they have seven players who were 21 or younger today. Where did all their players go?

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
As a QPR supporter it is somewhat terrifying that Brentford are somehow now actually a thing but also excellent that Fulham are somehow now actually a shitheap.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TelekineticBear! posted:

Is Ipswich even a real place or just some make believe land made up to scare kids
I've been there and it is home to the must disgusting fast food van I've ever seen in my life. Every single surface was covered in a visible layer of grease. That's the only thing I remember about being there, so the football must have been poo poo. So to answer your question it is both real and terrifying.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fat gay nonce posted:

I don't follow football any more
Neither do most of the home fans at a typical Millwall match, based on my experience there.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Keane was absolutely dreadful at QPR, can't believe he'll ever make it

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

African AIDS cum posted:

Do they get a trophy for this

Jose posted:

no but you get one for winning the play offs lol
This isn't true any more, they added a runners up trophy a few years ago for this very reason. Here is a photo of a poo poo football team to demonstrate:

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blue Star Error posted:

I was listening to the Norwich game on the radio last night and Huddersfield went 2-1 up in the 6th minute of 5 minutes injury time so I turned it off thinking we'd lost. I've only just found out we scored an equaliser lol.
The best part is the the guy who scored that "winner" for Huddersfield got himself sent off for a second yellow because he took his shirt off. Smart.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LionYeti posted:

Kevin Doyle just signed with the Colorado Rapids can any Wolverhampton fans tell me what's he like?
We had him on loan at QPR last season and he wasn't dreadful but generally seemed ineffective and didn't do much. He also got injured and missed a bunch of games.

Blue Star Error posted:

Wolves v Derby is on atm and is a good game. Its funny seeing Derby lose despite all their quality attackers because they spent literally no money on their shite defence
You'd think having Bobby Zamora score against you would be a clue but I guess not.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 21, 2015

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

YMBB posted:

11cm distance between seat in front and bottom of seat behind. gently caress you Brentford you cheap fucks.
The cheap fucks are building a brand new stadium.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fat gay nonce posted:

The playoffs own
QPR supporter here, confirming this, looking forward to being back in the play-offs against next season.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
As a QPR fan who is resigned to our fate I am now totally engrossed in the Championship promotion battle. It's crazy how tight it is, the last day should be great.

Championship is proper football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Parody Threads posted:

This is only one half of the explanation, the other half is 3 of those teams know that the playoff road to the PL runs through Derby, who will be promoted via the playoff, fact
This is true because play-off master Bobby Zamora won't be there.

• Locked thread