Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The homeless people in my area are homeless because they loving love being homeless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fandyien posted:

i once got in a big argument with a friend who genuinely thought the homeless people who hung out outside his panera all day nursing a single cup of coffee were just "lazy" and enjoyed it.

I've lived in the slummiest areas in town and have volunteered for various hotel societies and in this city there is adequate housing. The housing is provided for you and your welfare is garnisheed for it. Anyone sleeping on the streets here simply cannot abide by the very lose framework required of them to live in these places. Unfortunately this is usually do to mental illness / hatred for established rules.

As a bonus here is me hanging out with some neighbors in a short film. I am credited as patrick
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xPfyCndg1Fo&t=27m10s

Edit: to be clear I was never actually homeless, but I paid rent to live in some pretty scummy places which were occupied almost entirely by welfare recipients

BONE DOG fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jul 30, 2014

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

vyst posted:

Attempted murder, but he's not crazy at all

Trying to kill someone and failing is in no way indicative of being insane, it just means you suck at killing people

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

OMFG FURRY posted:

It sucks.

Though I haven't gotten that homeless look because dope fiend bums still ask me for change when I'm walking around.

Also I have a job but I can't tell my employers because they will fire me/take advantage of the situation and overwork me to death/or treat me as a pariah

I'd say don't be homeless, but my situation is shared with lots of other people who sleep in their car at your local 24 hour wal-mart, so it's way more common than it should be.

There's nothing wrong with living in a car man. I did it for nine years. The best years of my life.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

OMFG FURRY posted:

a mazda, so it's very uncomfortable and i am honestly envious of people with vans and that is state of being i never thought i would attain

How is it that you're working but live in a car? Where does the money go?

• Locked thread