Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

life is really hard for people who aren't fat white stoned gbs posters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

No but seriously. How do you gently caress up so much and continuously unless you're mentally ill or (similarly) a pathological liar and/or alcoholic

you probably don't but i don't see that it matters because it's hosed people are homeless even if they're crazy drug addicts who snort heroin and rant at shrubs.

alternately it's possible to just have a terrible run of bad luck and exhaust the good will of family and friends. i know a dude who became schizophrenic in his mid-20s and it was made way worse by spending some time in prison. i ran into him at mcdonalds and these days he's medicated and seems sane but his status as a felon and his illness makes it impossible for him to get a good job and his family has had enough of him so he' sabout to be evicted. just sucks man. feels bad.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

imo if someone being mentally ill / addicted to drugs undermines your sympathy for their plight as a homeless person you're a real piece of poo poo.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

VelociBacon posted:

Meh. There are tons of programs for them here in Canada and we pay a ton of money towards it and very few people even give it a shot.

is it because people don't want to get help or because there's a systemic/social problem stopping them from receiving that help though? it's almost never the former

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

It doesn't really undermine it but makes me feel worse. Should really be rehabilitation systems instead of just overcrowded homeless shelters. Tax money??? What are you doing?? Please be useful and stop repaving the neighborhoods every single year. Stop splitting it it into categories and just use it all.

welcome to the world of tomorrow

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

mookface posted:

The homeless people in my area are homeless because they loving love being homeless

i once got in a big argument with a friend who genuinely thought the homeless people who hung out outside his panera all day nursing a single cup of coffee were just "lazy" and enjoyed it.

• Locked thread