Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Cross posting this poo poo because seriously

I automatically assume all homeless people I see are mentally ill or seriously hosed up. Maybe it's because I immediately wonder how they don't have ANYONE in their family or any friends to help them out??

But like, NO SUPPORT network!? And where the gently caress are my taxes going if this even one homeless gently caress. Put them all in a huge house or something.

Section 8 housing, Medicare, food stamps, unemployment, what happened!? I need an ex-homeless person to explain it all to me. How did you alienate your entire family (close or extended, especially if your close family all died in a house fire that claimed your identification and fingerprints)
Your Dead Gay Son hosed around with this message at Jul 30, 2014 around 8:53 AM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Fandyien posted:

life is really hard for people who aren't fat white stoned gbs posters

No but seriously. How do you gently caress up so much and continuously unless you're mentally ill or (similarly) a pathological liar and/or alcoholic

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's hosed up that felons can't vote or apply for jobs, because like, they already loving went to jail!! Every term you spend in jail should reduce the "marking" by one level.

Stole a car and sentenced to 5 years?

Come out with a misdemeanor, or stay an extra year and clean your record? R something else, cause Jesus.

Cyclical and impossible to break out of.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Fandyien posted:

imo if someone being mentally ill / addicted to drugs undermines your sympathy for their plight as a homeless person you're a real piece of poo poo.

It doesn't really undermine it but makes me feel worse. Should really be rehabilitation systems instead of just overcrowded homeless shelters. Tax money??? What are you doing?? Please be useful and stop repaving the neighborhoods every single year. Stop splitting it it into categories and just use it all.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I think the homeless should be able to sign up for radical experiments to win houses that don't need property taxes paid ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I don't mind paying taxes but I think the budgeting thing for budgeting sake is dumb see: nasa has to spend all their money on one rover to establish the necessity of their budget, then it gets slashed anyway.

Why can't some of the repaving of neighborhoods wait while the homeless get cleaned off the streets?? Cause of the invisible envelopes that separate each category??

• Locked thread