Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lea-g...000046&ir=Women

quote:

It happened yet again. As I was sitting at the table for dinner with my children, I noticed my daughter's hand fishing around under her skirt.

"We don't play with our vulvas at the table. Go wash your hands and finish your food," I scolded. She nodded, ran off to wash her hands, and resumed picking at her dinner instead.

"Sweetie, we don't play with our vulvas in the living room," I said. Which sounded ridiculous and strange, but nonetheless true. Why is everything with little kids "we" statements? "It's OK to touch your vulva, but people are private, and it's a private thing. The only places where you should touch your vulva are in the bathroom or in your bedroom. If you want to play with your vulva, please go to the bedroom."

And she smiled and did, without question, because compartmentalizing where you do certain activities makes sense to little kids.

"We don't eat in the bathroom, and we don't touch our vulvas in the living room," became the new mantra. And yes, eventually it became, "We don't touch our vulvas at the table."

And that's what sex-positive parenting really is. Not telling my kids lies about sex to keep them from behaviors I don't think are healthy. It's telling them the truth, the whole truth, and letting it sink in so they can make their own good choices.

It's telling them that sex is good, but that it's dangerous if you're not careful. It's teaching them to require their partners to use condoms, to buy their own condoms if they're planning on having sex. It's teaching them that while sex feels good, they can feel good on their own too. (Just not at the table.) That while sex combined with love is often the best sex -- transcendent sex -- that grows the bond of love and builds a closeness that is almost impossible to find otherwise, sex isn't always like that, even with people you love. That sex can lead to pregnancy, even with protection, so engaging in it is a commitment to deal with any consequences.

I don't get to tell my daughters they have to have sex, but I also don't get to tell them they can't. They're in charge. Your body, your decision.

This is hella sick and the possibly the worst part of feminism in real life that I've ever seen, and I would have been insanely weirded out if my mom told me to go jack it in my room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

...because you usually jack it in the living room?

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
thanks for the sick link op

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
OP is nostalgic for learning about sex in middle school from bus rumors

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks
huffington post lol

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

mostly im weirded out by the casual use of the word "vulva"

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Fandyien posted:

you've got to make sure little kids can clearly differentiate the parts of the genitals from one another, maybe through a singsong.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
That seems like good responsible parenting

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fandyien posted:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Clapping Larry
Vulva is a good word.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Meg From Family Guy posted:

This is hella sick and the possibly the worst part of feminism in real life that I've ever seen, and I would have been insanely weirded out if my mom told me to go jack it in my room

tbh you'd probably turn out weird if she caught you jackin it and then put you in time out

probably weirder if she smacked you for it lol

DUNCAN DONUTS
Mar 27, 2010

by XyloJW
inappropriate and sexist time for the sriracha beef jerky ad coupon code: goongoon to come up, lowtax

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Smeego posted:

huffington post lol

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi

drilldo squirt posted:

Vulva is a good word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsaS1PEMdBs&t=36s

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Whatever happened to pretending you didn't see anything ?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm sorry, what does any of that have to do with feminism? Or are we just using that as a blanket term for anything that goes against old fashioned styles of anything

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lmao white ppl

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

cant wait for this generation of kids to grow up and get exploited like everyone else

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Like, what it would be considered sexist and misogynistic if I told my son to quit beating it at the dinner table and take it to his room because I'm advocating rape culture or some poo poo

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
15 years into that girl's life it's going to be "We don't DP at the table, dear. Please DP in your bedroom, or in the garden shed." *scrunches face into look of consternation. daydreams about beating horny daughter unconscious with a boat oar*

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

facebook jihad posted:

Like, what it would be considered sexist and misogynistic if I told my son to quit beating it at the dinner table and take it to his room because I'm advocating rape culture or some poo poo

please tell your son that we don't touch our glans at the table

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

mysterious frankie posted:

15 years into that girl's life it's going to be "We don't DP at the table, dear. Please DP in your bedroom, or in the garden shed." *scrunches face into look of consternation. daydreams about beating horny daughter unconscious with a boat oar*

lol

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

facebook jihad posted:

I'm sorry, what does any of that have to do with feminism? Or are we just using that as a blanket term for anything that goes against old fashioned styles of anything

if it involves women being outside the kitchen, its feminism

because its edgy, see

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

facebook jihad posted:

No you loving idiot because most people don't relate actions to an overall agenda of something as loving dumb as the poo poo feminists whine about

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

if it involves women being outside the kitchen, its feminism

because its edgy, see

lol if you're really going to deny that sex-positive thought and feminism aren't related

don't be willfully dense

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

haha gently caress feminism am i right? anyone else narwhal baconing at midnight?

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

lol if you're really going to deny that sex-positive thought and feminism aren't related

don't be willfully dense

you sayin' feminism is millenia old or something

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Fandyien posted:

haha gently caress feminism am i right? anyone else narwhal baconing at midnight?

i liked you better when you were banned you gay retarded fucker

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

you sayin' feminism is millenia old or something

so you are going to be willfully dense then

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

this article is retarded but feminism and sex positivity aren't and you're dumb if you can't distinguish between fat stupid bourgeoisie mommy bloggers and a wider important movement

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
page 1 feminism debate yep things are right on track

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

so you are going to be willfully dense then

i-is that a yes? :ohdear:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hayburner posted:

page 1 feminism debate yep things are right on track

normally takes three pages, this is ahead of schedule.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Fandyien posted:

this article is retarded but feminism and sex positivity aren't and you're dumb if you can't distinguish between fat stupid bourgeoisie mommy bloggers and a wider important movement

It's almost like the extremes of positions are often humorous...

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

feminism is gay but sex positive parenting is loving retarded

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Spanish Manlove posted:

feminismchat is euthanasia for bad gbs threads

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Thank you for not gassing my topic franco.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

mommy meet my new boyfriend jeff hes 32 (im 8 and a half)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Effectronica posted:

you've got to make sure little kids can clearly differentiate the parts of the genitals from one another, maybe through a singsong.

ahahaha goddamn effectronica who did you piss off for that AV? in any case keep it up

• Locked thread