Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

BigglesSWE posted:

Coat and scarf (for it is a scarf) is due to the cold. Nights, especially clear ones, are getting pretty chilly up here in Stockholm.

BigglesSWE posted:

I'm studying at Örebro University, (mostly folks my general age). This night there was a noted Swedish historian who held a lecture about the Thirty Year War. It was open for the general public, so the seniors saw their chance. And they seized it...

Like two pages old but since Örebro is apparently Stockholm now (lol, no) you should come to this.

And since I've been reading this thread forever, here are two really bad pictures of me on a mountain

I'm sorry I am in fact a man with a hat and not a liar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I will make excuses for all hats so long as you're exploring mountains.

Everyone should explore mountains more often.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I want to know more about cloak-purchasing techniques and experiences.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I... own a cloak.

My mother is a pretty great seamstress and she made a cloak for herself when she went to the "Purple Rain" concert back in the mid eighties. Heavy black wool with satin purple lining.
It made the perfect wizards cloak for Halloween! Also doubles as a cloak for rogue pirate! Haven't checked on it for years. Hope the wool moths didn't eat it up.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
I found my old drinkin' license.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

I found my old drinkin' license.

You look pretty happy for a guy not wearing a cloak.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

The alcohol allows him to hide the shame of being cloakless in a graveyard.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Amateurs

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It was a good day at work.

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

ButtWolf posted:

Your bibs are much more stripey than mine.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its the only pair I could find in size 'really big'

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

ButtWolf posted:

Its the only pair I could find in size 'really big'

I applaud your lighting effort and use of a white sheet, especially after a hard day's work.

Your wrench is very large. Perhaps for work on trucks?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

He could tighten my nuts any day.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

schnickety scribe posted:

I applaud your lighting effort and use of a white sheet, especially after a hard day's work.

Your wrench is very large. Perhaps for work on trucks?

Forestry equipment.

LingcodKilla posted:

He could tighten my nuts any day.

Whoa, slow down cowboy.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

ButtWolf posted:

Forestry equipment.

Whoa, slow down cowboy.

What?

You could climb my tree.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I should get a cloak. Something fit for a mountain queen.

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

Picnic Princess posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Your bibs are much more stripey than mine.

I feel like me and you could hang out and work on trucks or something.

Art Alexakis posted:

Nice, I've got the same tat.

What tat? My chest piece is an ouroboros I sketched up, not a Zelda symbol or anything. People always think it's Zelda.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 08:17 on Nov 26, 2015

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Scathach posted:

What tat? My chest piece is an ouroboros I sketched up, not a Zelda symbol or anything. People always think it's Zelda.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654252&userid=133799

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Teaches me to pay attention to the thread...

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Scathach posted:

Teaches me to pay attention to the thread...

Never not gimmick post.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Happy thanksgiving fellow amerigoons!!

Not pictured: bird repeatedly trying to burrow into my hair.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Picnic Princess posted:

I made my GF a cloak made of wool and bamboo with a goblin hood. The thing is so warm you can wear it and a tank top in a blizzard. I'll try to get a pic later.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I hope you didn't cook that bird. :ohdear:

I hope it was another bird

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

That's the blurriest 3000x2000 pic I've ever seen.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Okay, "The Happiest Jandek", a cardigan and nice siding is no substitute for a cloak and a story about the acquisition of that cloak.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

VendaGoat posted:

I hope you didn't cook that bird. :ohdear:

I hope it was another bird

got some bad news...

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

Scathach posted:

I'd probably enjoy that.

You, however, might not, since my experiences tending to anything mechanical have been limited to the awesome 99.5% metal sewing machine my mother passed on to me when I moved out of the house (hooray for cleaning out lint and oiling all the things!) and the go kart my dad jerry-rigged so that I could drive it well below the recommended age on the warning label. So, yeah, I'd probably ask a lot of annoying/distracting questions--such as "What's that shiny thing? What's it do? Can I touch it? Why's it broken now?"--but only because that's how I learn. I'm really good at fetching tools, though, and I have a decent grasp on what different tools are called, thus making the fetching easier. :downs:

Also, your avatar is excellent. It feels like something that I'd be happy having as my computer desktop for awhile.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You and Amadeus always look so drat cute! :kimchi:

Inzombiac posted:

I made my GF a cloak made of wool and bamboo with a goblin hood. The thing is so warm you can wear it and a tank top in a blizzard. I'll try to get a pic later.
I'm jealous of this cloak that actually serves a practical purpose. Mine is pretty much just for show. Like, when I got the pics taken of me wearing it in the snow earlier this year I was soooo cold by the time the session was done. It was totally worth it, though, so I really can't complain, but still...
I think your camera needs to visit the optometrist for a new prescription.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Lord Chumley posted:

got some bad news...

I have the same guy. Did yours come with a cage? I adore it

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

You and Amadeus always look so drat cute! :kimchi:

Thank you! :3:

Inzombiac posted:

I have the same guy. Did yours come with a cage? I adore it

Oh, that's mine. He doesn't have a cage, his purpose in life is sitting on top of things that I don't want Amadeus to sit on top of. He's really good at it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Yeah I own a selfie stick, so what

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I'd probably enjoy that.

You, however, might not, since my experiences tending to anything mechanical have been limited to the awesome 99.5% metal sewing machine my mother passed on to me when I moved out of the house (hooray for cleaning out lint and oiling all the things!) and the go kart my dad jerry-rigged so that I could drive it well below the recommended age on the warning label. So, yeah, I'd probably ask a lot of annoying/distracting questions--such as "What's that shiny thing? What's it do? Can I touch it? Why's it broken now?"--but only because that's how I learn. I'm really good at fetching tools, though, and I have a decent grasp on what different tools are called, thus making the fetching easier. :downs:

Also, your avatar is excellent. It feels like something that I'd be happy having as my computer desktop for awhile.

Eh I'm still learning myself. My truck is pretty durable to mistakes and pokes. It's practically a go-kart.

Also, thanks!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Scathach posted:

Eh I'm still learning myself. My truck is pretty durable to mistakes and pokes. It's practically a go-kart.

Also, thanks!

Buy a mustang. They were built to be wrenched on(and really, they are just glorified go karts... so much fun!)

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

Buy a mustang. They were built to be wrenched on(and really, they are just glorified go karts... so much fun!)

You know, I've always wanted an older mustang. Like 70's or 80's old. I just got a 1984 Bronco II, somehow in just about perfect condition. Still learning stick but it drives like a tiny car. It's loving cute for being a "truck."

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

ButtWolf posted:

Photograph me like one of your French mechanics.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

queserasera posted:

Photograph me like one of your French mechanics.

Mécanicien Français

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

I guess I should jump on the bird pic posting bandwagon. Have some gross low-res cell phone selfies of me with two of my birdies:

This is Maestro. He is a brat, but very sweet.

And this is Simon. He is also a brat, but he's much more of an rear end in a top hat than Maestro is.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Picnic Princess posted:

Yeah I own a selfie stick, so what

Tbf hiking trips are probably the absolute best use of selfie sticks

I guess I should jump on the bird pic posting bandwagon. Have some gross low-res cell phone selfies of me with two of my birdies:

This is Maestro. He is a brat, but very sweet.

And this is Simon. He is also a brat, but he's much more of an rear end in a top hat than Maestro is.

birbs :3: is Maestro napping with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

birbs :3: is Maestro napping with you?

Nah. He's always too busy trying to groom me or feed my ear or hand to nap with me. When I took this particular picture he was "helping" me read a book. :(

Simon was once my guard-birdie during a nap, though. He sat at the edge of the bed all puffed up and was grinding his beak and softly chattering to himself whenever I'd come out of my half doze. :allears:

Maybe one day one of them will nap with me like Ama naps with you. Probably not in the near future, but maybe one day.

schnickety scribe has a new favorite as of 01:58 on Nov 29, 2015