Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

ACTION AMERICAN posted:

Long-time camwhore reporting in. I was the belle of the Fabgoon ball, many a year ago.

Undercut Best cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

EVERYONE posted:

:words:

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

i'm not sure how you birds think stuff works but the branding of humans is largely frowned upon in modern society

RFC2324 posted:

Who is gonna believe you when you tell that a literal bird tattooed her brand on you?

Post Your Picture II: How Many Jokes Can We Make That Literally A Bird is Literally A Bird?

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Wait. There are other people born in the 70s here?!?

Me:

I am aware that I needed a shave at the time. I had a few days off work, I let it slide. Forgive me. For some reason, this pic looks like I am trying to feature the fact that I'm wearing a seatbelt. So - safety first, kids!

And as per usual in Goon pic threads, there are some totes adorbs girls here. I'm looking at YOU, GunChicka, batheinblood and the bird lady. :love: :allears: :love:

yeah I said 'totes adorbs' SO?!??

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

dv8 posted:

Yep! Geriatric Crew ftw. Haha.

As far as apologizing for your facial hair...Nothing wrong with it at all. The more the better, imo. Mustaches however should remain on Tom Selleck...and only on Tom Selleck...along with his OP (Ocean Pacific, not Original Poster) corduroy short-shorts.

I bet the Magnum PI theme song is playing in your head now ;)

Oh I routinely have facial hair, but I rock that "all over 5 o clock shadow" look usually since I can't grow a beard. What's in that pic is "5 o'clock shadow + 3 days" which just looks...shaggy and not great. I had a mustache not too long ago, was a full-on horseshoe - worn with no sense of irony.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

VendaGoat posted:

G.I.Joe, Jem cartoons and Honey Nut Cheerios preserved us nicely.

Artificial preservatives in general really. Back then - it was red food coloring that was going to kill us all.

:corsair:

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

In before first "why did you post a picture of a forest?" joke.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Congratulations!!! When's the date? :)

I'm sure they've already had plenty of dates - they just got engaged!

:v:

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

GunChicka posted:

This thread is old now (old people are posting in it)

I believe just about everything in this picture is what the kids are referring to as "on fleek".

:allears:

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Don't take selfies while riding a motorcycle, kids.

I swear I'm not angry here. I'm squinting at the sun and cursing it inwardly.

Edit: shave more often than my lazy rear end.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Rarity #1: me taking a selfie
Super Ultra Rarity #1: me actually liking it enough to show other people

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
As if sitting in a restaurant eating alone wasn't attracting enough unwanted attention, you guys have me giggling like an idiot as well.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That's an adorable outfit.

Agreed. Totes adorbs.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
This has become the feelgood thread of PYF, and probably the Forums at large. I just wanna grab a beer or a whiskey with all of you. :3:

Got a much needed haircut the other day:

An attempt at looking studious and/or contemplative of life's many mysteries

why am I so shiny? :confused:

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Norse Code posted:

I haven't even come across one of those things! All I've got is rattatas and pidgeys :mad:

Are you in Atlanta? Cause that's all I got too. :(

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
6'2" checking in.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Hi thread, just after I got out of work I learned that my cat died. Please post lots of pet pictures?

That sucks, LAB. :(

Here's one of my furry freeloaders giving kisses:

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Megabound posted:

We juse got a new Bengal kitten, 4 months old and a little terror

You leave the apartment for 10 minutes and suddenly

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your HOWLING TO WAKE THE DEAD.

I loved my Bengal, but holy poo poo loudest cat ever. The first time he did it I came barreling downstairs, assuming he was in some sort of great distress - but no. That's just what he sounds like.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Picnic Princess posted:

While you guys fight over that, I'll just be over here kicking rear end, taking pictures of pretty things.

Yesterday was loving amazing.

So I spent the whole weekend learning about terrain generation for games, and that second pic looks like it could have come out of one of the tutorials I was doing. That's a crazy impressive view.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

syscall girl posted:

It's like some kind of uncanny valley :xd:

This is a terrible joke. It's amazing. :D

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Ignite Memories posted:

What the hell, how did you do that in 3 months? Great job!

Still waiting to hear this answer.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Teagan posted:

How's rowing going for those of you who started up?

Going great for me! I have managed to glance at the rower and think about unfolding it like....twice? So...off to a great start so far!

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Fhqwhgads posted:

Makeup is only cool and good if you put it on right after you wake up and grab a brush.

I see you, Fhqwhgads.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Sweet As Sin posted:

Honestly I have the hardest time dating. My last serious boyfriend was like 6 years ago, then I went out with a dude who strung me around for like a year (he probably had a GF back home), a few hookups, some awesome first dates then ghosting. I have nerdy but cool hobbies, I am a very good girlfriend and friend, I try new things all the time! I have a great, high earning job and love to treat people. I even like videogames.

What's up awesome-first-date-then-ghost buddy!

I think sadly that's just become a thing. I try not to take it personally myself, but it's tough sometimes. And I have no idea why someone wouldn't just say "hey - thanks for the date, but I'm not feeling it. Good luck!" but they don't. I did when that once happened and I was the one not feeling it. But yeah...ghosting seems to be the norm. It sucks and it's rude.

Altho - particularly for women, even a polite turndown is fraught with "is this person gonna go psycho on me?" dangers.

Dating is a long game for patient players. Keep your head up. :)

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Ignite Memories posted:

Someday I will have manly white streaks in my beard

I am so jelly of the salt and pepper look. I can't do it, and I'm practically ancient! I'm legit almost 50, and NO gray anywhere. Temples, sides, beard. And I *really* look for them.

:(

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I remember 30... :sigh:

:same:

Congrats, Teagan!

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Desmodus rotundus posted:

Last night was Nuit Blanche in my city and I got very drunk and ran around to look at installations. I also fell off the giant light up teeter totters they had and have a bloody knee to show for it.

Good earrings

An art

Dang.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

"this head tapping - it pleases me" - that cat, probably.

Jumping on the gently caress Cancer bandwagon. Was diagnosed in mid-June myself. Next week I will be going into the hospital for a stem cell transplant after they wipe out my current immune system. Good times. Also: we are weird bags of meat and kinda gross. That's what has occurred to me over the last 3 months of being poked and prodded and biopsied and examined.

Only upsides so far: I am a cyborg now, due to the neat hole/central line in my chest - known as a TriFusion - which sounds like a feature on a new car: The All-New Mazda 6 - with TriFusion. Annnnnd: the sweet, sweet handicapped parking placard. Fatigue is a bitchass, but an amazing parking spot every time definitely takes the edge off.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Teagan posted:

Wow, seriously gently caress cancer!!! You are amazing!

no u

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Hospital stay underway for Stem Cell transplant. Today is Day 1. (Day -2 was chemo, Day -1 was rest, and Day 0 was stem cells back)

I'm tired and I feel mostly awful, but the mantra I am focusing on is: it beats having loving cancer.

So since I'll be losing all my hair this trip anyway, decided to bring a friend over for a little sheep shearin:

Before:

And after:

Good times. :)

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Day +7 of stem cell a-go-go. Can’t say I’d recommend

HaB has a new favorite as of 20:01 on Nov 2, 2018

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Luvcow posted:

good luck, my heart goes out to you

had mine dec 8th, 2005 and it was a horrible, terrible experience but glad to get to the end. if you don't mind me asking how long was your transfusion? mine was essentially the same as a blood transfusion that lasted about an hour but the process of chemo/radiation before and the time in the icu after was devastating. i assume you're on morphine or something similar so just try to prepare for the inevitable weening off of that, it's not pleasant at all.

If that was your experience, then I have gotten off very easily or drugs have improved or a combination of all of that. In fact - NONE of what I was expecting when I got my diagnosis has happened. I did 4 rounds of regular chemo, and aside from sort of an overall "just feeling kinda lovely" it was fine. No major side effects. I didn't even stop working the whole time. So that knocked the numbers back enough for them to do the transplant.

My chemo infusion pre-transplant was about an hour. Then after a day of rest, my stem cell infusion was about 30 minutes. Not on any pain meds at all. By far the biggest side effect has been nausea and trying to find stuff I can actually eat. I'm not even on "bed rest" per se, since they expect everyone here to walk a mile per day. They even have an exercise room of recumbent bikes that I have been going down to to pedal out the miles. I guess they have learned that staying active makes the new cells engraft faster or something. I'm at Emory in Atlanta and they are the top place in country for this and one of the top in the world. They do 500 stem cell transplants a year. Lucky for me I just happened to live in Atlanta.

I'm mostly dealing with going a little stir crazy. Hospital time feels like jail time.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Pasketti posted:

I took my boyfriend to Medieval Times for his birthday on Thursday and our knight won. I screamed my head off cheering the whole show and got crowned "the queen of love and beauty" :allears:

Truly a title earned by screaming KILL HIM! while stuffing my face with chicken.

We had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much fun there and winning a tiara was the icing on the cake.

I think our guineapig rocks it better though

Medieval Times is SUPER fun. Got taken there last year for my birthday and that was my first time. It was great. If the food was more interesting it would be one of my favorite places, but - I understand their need to serve a coupla hundred people at once, while simultaneously keeping everything as middle of the road as possible. But still - an excellent drunken time.

Also: hi thread. No picture update, but I survived the 15 days in the hospital. First followup went well - nothing needed to be infused as everything is recovering nicely on its own. I am SUPER bald, but didn't lose eyebrows/lashes or anything else. My beard thinned out a LOT which is great for me since I hate shaving. Might be too early to tell from the peach fuzz on my head, but my hair might be growing back blonde, which it was when I was very young. So that could be fun.

At any rate - hospital time is the worst, so I am thrilled to be out. On the car ride home I broke down a little when it hit me that I was finally free. So from here on out it's just: getting a little better every day.

:3:

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Oh hi im 17 again.

Makeup game too on point for 17, tho.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm trying to motivate myself to get into Instagram more so can I get some accounts?

Mine is here. I'm also planning on actually putting a ton of Tokyo pics in there so anyone interested in that can check it out over the next few weeks.

Followed.

I am here and would welcome goon followers. I don't post super often, but I browse and Like a lot.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Duzzy's post wasn't great either but I am shocked that this passed without more comment. Are you aware that the Me Too campaign arose due to the overwhelming frequency of sexual abuse, assault, and harassment of women both in and out of the workplace? Are you aware that even aside from the women you saw speaking out and posting about it, there are many, many more who have been assaulted or abused and are not in a healthy enough space to speak out about it or perhaps even acknowledge it? Are you aware that posts like this, whether or not your intentions are "genuine," are incredibly dismissive and belittling of women that have experienced these things?

You are one hundred percent capable of offering a compliment that is appropriate and will please the complimentee. It is remarkably easy to respectfully tell a woman (or a man!) they're attractive. You could have whittled your post down to "would saying wow be inappropriate?" and, while SaS may still have advised you she doesn't think that it is, you at least would have managed to compliment her without off-handedly dismissing millions of women's traumatic or discomfiting experiences as an inconvenience for you, because you don't know if you're "allowed" to compliment someone's physical appearance anymore.

My advice to you is that if you need to preface your comment with "in this age of Me Too, am I even allowed to say this?" the answer is no. And it's nothing to do with Me Too, it's to do with common sense.

You weren't my hero before, but you definitely are now.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Jerry Cotton posted:

Beefsteak EMACS, fighter of Beefsteak VI

I'm glad someone else made the same joke I had in my head.

Let's also not forget the lesser known Beefsteak PICO, but he didn't make it out of the opening rounds.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

clockwork automaton posted:

Oh hi I'm exhausted and working too hard

Lordy. :kimchi:

So first: my entire life I have had baby-fine, razor-straight hair. Hair so straight no amount of product/technique, etc would make it hold in any shape other than absolutely hanging straight the gently caress down. So imagine my surprise after losing it all to chemo it grew back into this:

Before I made the recent switch to the clear-framed Warbly Poopers, my dark frames made me look a lot like a 1970s-era Isaac Asimov. :v: So far I like it curly. Still haven't figured out just how to work it yet. I am low-key hoping for a full-no Bob Ross honkyfro. If nothing else, I did manage to get the salt n pepper sideburns I was always so jealous of when I saw it on other dudes.

And second - I just got my first round of vaccinations on Thurs, and I gotta say - 5 vaccinations at once? Can't recommend. The back of my arm looked about like you'd expect. :(

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Karnegal posted:

Warby Parker is where i get my glasses. Zenni if you're OK ordering without trying on (I'm not for my primary pair)

I too used Warbly Pooper.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

rap music posted:

Cute goons itt :allears:

Real shame about the whole “is a goon” thing

This is a weird take. Every goon I have directly interacted with - in person or online has been awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Sweet As Sin posted:

I'm feeling more like myself every day. Thank you :3:

I do have a personal (with a cat here and there) instagram, I only upload pictures to my cat account and never interact with anything (sorry). If anyone wants to be friends over there I'm https://www.instagram.com/_micrathena/

I upload arts, crafts, lifts, sometimes pictures of me.

<3

Followed.

I'm @monkrocker