Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?
If i heard of a terrorist plot to blow up Manhattan/Park Slope/the gentrified parts of harlem or brooklyn, i wouldn't report it because i hate everyone above a certain income level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?
This article right here is garbage.

I really love it when liberals write about how working-class people are subhuman animals who need to ~uplifted~ in response to conservative bullshit about them not being rich because of their stupidity. The privileged right-winger is saying "the masses aren't rich because their stupid", and the privileged left-winger is saying "no, the masses are stupid because they aren't rich". The debate is so goddam elitist. The idea that the bad choices working-class people make are so important that this article needs to be written is retarded because being working-class means you dont have plenty choices in the first loving place.

Let me tell you about the plethora of individual choices you can make being working-class in america:
Hustle
Hustle for more hours
Hustle for even more hours than that
Make sure not to spend too much on bullshit.
Make sure to save.
Dont get injured.
Dont get addictdd to booze, drugs, or anything like that.
Dont have kids unless you can afford them.

Those are all the choices. Plenty working-class people fail to make all the right ones, but its not like doing everything right will make you a millionaire in the first place anyway. A poor person who has made all the right choices and is in a more comfortable position because of that isn't magically not poor.

P.S none of this applies to the unemployed goons who play video games and jack-off all day. You're all failures because of your own individual bad decisions, and you need to own up to them and stop blaming everyone

• Locked thread