Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Pixelante posted:

Anyone know why the ship is called the Milano? One of my friends guessed it's named after Alyssa Milano, teen heartthrob of the 80s, which seems more plausible than my hazy guess that maybe Star Lord's favourite cookie.

James Gunn confirmed that your friend is right:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

WarLocke posted:

What MCU film was Deadpool in? The only film version I'm aware of is the horrible one from the Wolverine movie, and that's Fox, not MCU.

Sam Rockwell was in an MCU film (Iron Man 2), not Deadpool.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

If the goal of those commercials was to get me sick of "Hooked on a Feeling," then I have to say that they did their jobs

poorly

because nothing can get me sick of that song. :colbert:

Not even one of the most inexplicable music videos ever?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Vargo posted:

ITT we argue pedantically about the meaning of the phrase "the next Star Wars."

The next Star Wars is literally going to be Episode VII.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

How did I end up in the Avatar thread

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Its Mark Millar and he is a bad writer.

Red Son is great, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

He had help from Grant Morrison on that one.

Well, he gave him the idea for the circular ending, but that's not even the best part of the story, compared to the crux of the climax.

• Locked thread