Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Red posted:

I saw this last night (in a PACKED theater), and liked it, but didn't love it.

• I've been saying Thanos wrong all this time. I always said Thay-nos.
  • The score wasn't memorable at all, but I guess the songs needed to stand out.
  • Thanos looks too... human.
  • The movie felt kind of rushed. I feel like we got just enough to see that Ronan was a bad guy, and moved on. Ditto for each of the Guardians.
  • The high-wire stunts (people jumping, being thrown against walls) were really obvious, and kind of hurt my suspension of disbelief.
  • Making Yondu a space redneck feels odd and a little jarring, but I got used to it.
  • They kind of ignored explaining why no one can touch the stone, but Ronan can.
  • I was kind of hoping we'd see Nova. Oh well.

Thanos looks almost exactly like he does in the comics though?

Also they say that only powerful beings can hold the stone and show that Ronan could hold it for a little bit, but that he was dying before he slapped it in the hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

morestuff posted:

I actually caught it again with some friends and specifically paid attention to see if anyone did; I didn't hear anything, unless it was just part of the background mix I didn't catch.

A guy in the background yells it at her around the time one of the prisoners is pushing his face on the glass and screaming "That cell won't protect you!"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Red posted:

You did a good thing posting this. It's a wonderful contribution to the discussion.

That's an interesting response from Feige. You could edit the script to have more Banner if you really need it.

Maybe it's more that:

- Planet Hulk would just be really expensive?
- You can't do it without making World War Hulk.
- Hulk would have to be a little "smarter" to make both of those films.

I think he kinda says it in the interview. They want a Ruffalo-led solo Hulk movie and making Planet Hulk now would mean that the first solo Hulk movie with Ruffalo in it would feature a very small amount of Ruffalo unless they do a lot of rewrites. He says he's open to Planet Hulk, but seems like he has decided to 100% rule out making Planet Hulk the first Ruffalo solo film.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

aBagorn posted:

I'm assuming he means like someone uses the Gauntlet (for 'reasons') to alter time to before the first Iron Man movie.

Then yadda yadda, butterfly effect things happen differently (and that Tony Stark doesn't look like Robert Downey Jr), again for 'reasons'

Marvel has already said that they will just recast and move on like they did with Hulk. Kevin Feige explicitly ruled out rebooting the franchise every time a new actor is added.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Junkenstein posted:

I dunno, given all this recent talk about Civil War starting with Cap 3, I'm not sure Avengers 3 will be the big 'GotG and Thanos come to Earth' smackdown we expected. I'd be fine with the big Infinity Gauntlet esque story conclusion being primarily a GotG based thing to be honest, maybe with a bit of Thor and Doctor Strange or something.

Someone at Marvel said "The battle with Thanos will span two films." Guardians 2 and Avengers 3 make the most sense by far.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The end of Iron Man 3 pretty clearly has Tony learning that his hubris and technology can be a danger to those he cares about. Ultron is specifically created because Stark believes that super heroes can't be trusted to defend the whole world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

jng2058 posted:

All that said, if Whedon's still around for Civil War, I expect he'll trim the silly bullshit and get to the core issues, which could be decent.

Whedon is bowing out after Avengers 2. Marvel is supposedly trying to lock down the directors of Captain America 2 to do Avengers 3 and 4.

• Locked thread