Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

jng2058 posted:

Technical point, I think it was a bomb powered villain that a team of heroes was chasing. They cornered him and he exploded, wiping out a town and killing all but one of the heroes.

Also this event was re-written and featured in a video game, Ultimate Alliance II. It's a indicator of how much the original sucked that the video game did it better. When your story is better written in the tie-in video game, you done hosed up, boy.

All that said, if Whedon's still around for Civil War, I expect he'll trim the silly bullshit and get to the core issues, which could be decent.

It gets even worse: A group of C-list heroes where chasing a bunch of on the run villains while filming a reality TV show. The villain (Nitro) blew up in the middle of a elementary school with the camera's rolling the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Deakul posted:

Having recently rewatched the movie on bluray I just want to say that if anyone doesn't like it just a little bit then they're a legitimately terrible human being with no soul, this is just the way things are I'm afraid.

How are the extras? Any good commentaries?

• Locked thread