Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
disregard

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

VaultAggie posted:

I'm kinda confused by this movie. The other Marvel movies made it seem like all the other worlds in the galaxy were isolated. Like the shiny bridge thing in Thor that allowed them to travel to other worlds. However, this movie seems to make it seem like space travel and such is commonplace and humans are all over the place. I don't know poo poo about the comics but this is throwing me off. Is this set in the same universe as the others?

There are 9 realms:
1. Muspelheim - Home of the Fire Demons. It is ruled by Surtur.
2. Alfheim- Home of the Light Elves
3. Vanaheim - Home of the Vanir who are the sister race of the Asgardians and the Trolls.
4. Asgard - Home of the Asgardians. It is ruled by Odin.
5. Midgard - is the Earthly realm. Home of the Humans.
6. Jotunheim - Home of the Frost Giants. It is ruled by Laufey.
7. Nifleheim - Home of the Frost Trolls. It is ruled by Ymir.
8. Svartalfheim - Home of the Dark Elves. It is ruled by Malekith.
9. Helheim - Realm of the dead. It is ruled by Hela.
(Copy and pasted from the MCU wiki)

Earth is in Midgard as well as all the surrounding planets. All the movies take place in Midgard. Essentially each realm is it's own contained universe that can be traveled between via the Bifrost bridge.

• Locked thread