Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
db franco
Jul 14, 2014
I work at a software company and we're consistently having trouble with WebEx for sharing our screens and delivering demos.

I'm looking into other solutions that would be viable for our business. Requirements are that it must easily allow a sales consultant to share their screen through a web interface. Join.me has been hit or miss in trials, as it sometimes backfires requiring credit card information and sign-in credentials. I'm trying to keep this to freeware.

Skype is another thought, but then you'd have to assume the end customer has installed that already.. same with Google Hangouts.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance!

drew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe
You are selling a product, ergo you have revenue, some of which should be allocated for a proper paid-for solution.

Nearly every free product you find will be licensed for personal, non-commercial use only.

db franco
Jul 14, 2014
That's a good point. And we are currently paying for WebEx. It's just for some things such as quick spur of the moment sharing it's a bit overkill, especially when there's trouble loading the applet.

I will also consider any shareware/paid options as well. Is there a gold standard way of doing this?

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

db franco posted:

That's a good point. And we are currently paying for WebEx. It's just for some things such as quick spur of the moment sharing it's a bit overkill, especially when there's trouble loading the applet.

I will also consider any shareware/paid options as well. Is there a gold standard way of doing this?

Join.me has fairly good rates, and is stupid simple to get rolling.

db franco
Jul 14, 2014

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Join.me has fairly good rates, and is stupid simple to get rolling.

We've tried using them but with mixed results. They sometimes require login credentials that make things a pain. Any options similar to join.me?

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
I haven't tried TeamViewer's meeting mode, and I don't know if it would be the right fit, but it's easy enough to look into. It works very well for remote access, and it's quick to install (the installer can double as a portable one-time run, too, IIRC).

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe
Ammyy's offering is pretty decent and it's cheap too - $66.90 for a single license of the premium version - which allows you to do on-demand meetings. https://www.ammyy.com

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I use Teamviewer and Ammyy for personal stuff, and have found Ammyy to be a little more fault tolerant and a lot less fiddly than setting TV up.

A friend's company used Teamviewer for a while, but they apparently ran into licensing/version issues after a while and it wasn't worth it to renew. This does involve a boss he had to recite Wikipedia's entry on SMART to in order to get funds for a replacement hard drive, so I've no idea what the real deal is.

db franco
Jul 14, 2014
It appears teamviewer is blocked by the company's firewall... I'll have to see what I can do.

Thanks all.

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

db franco posted:

It appears teamviewer is blocked by the company's firewall... I'll have to see what I can do.

Thanks all.
Ammyy just uses port 443 like HTTPS (I'm not sure about TeamViewer) so unless your firewall requires all traffic to go through a proxy, Ammyy should work fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zapateria
Feb 16, 2003
Try appear.in and see if it's something you can use. It's free and from the little I've tried it seems to work pretty painlessly.

• Locked thread