Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

When is it worth it to start buying the angel upgrades in AdvCap?

I'd say that you probably don't want to spend more than 20% of your angels unless you're very sure the math is going to work out in your favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

When is it worth it to start buying the angel upgrades in AdvCap?

They changed it so spending 1% or less of your angel investors doesn't give you a popup. My rule has been if there's a popup, I don't spend. I also try and wait until I've got at least double what I already have banked before resetting.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Rebuild The Universe was updated.

quote:

New bonus system ! Each unit (past and future) is now affected.
Major bug fixes on unit's cost.
Minor performance optimization.
Some design changes on bonus section.
Specials are now 10 times effective instead of 100 due to bonuses's overpower.
Game has been rebalanced. Units are harder to reach due to bonuses's overpower.
Beautiful transition on progress.

The bad news is that it resets your progress and I lost my game :(.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

drunken officeparty posted:

Rebuild The Universe was updated.

The bad news is that it resets your progress and I lost my game :(.

Yeah not a fan of that reset. I'm going to wait for the achievements before playing again. They're supposed to make stuff cheaper to buy.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I was five purchases away from unlocking all the spacebits :(

Edit: wow, they've nerfed the hell out of this.

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Aug 12, 2014

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Anti Idle the game is actually pretty cool, there is so much poo poo you can do. It has a TCG, a little fighting games where you buy new weapons and stuff. And it all works together. Can only recommend it then out of all the idle games, it is probably the most game.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I feel like I'm doing something wrong in the kittens game. I'm just stuck slooowly upgrading my science capacity after I researched architecture, because it takes sooo drat long to make enough scaffolds for observatories and my resource caps are hella low with regard to all the other stuff.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I feel like I'm doing something wrong in the kittens game. I'm just stuck slooowly upgrading my science capacity after I researched architecture, because it takes sooo drat long to make enough scaffolds for observatories and my resource caps are hella low with regard to all the other stuff.

That's more or less the kittens game experience.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Kittens game is not fun.

They don't understand how important it is that when you upgrade you get a sense of relief before climbing the next resource hill.

Instead it's just misery and more waiting.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Kittens game is pretty neat at the beginning when you can unlock everything and explore the tech trees pretty quickly, but it's really bad after a week or two. This is where a prestige system ought to come in and save the day, but it really doesn't.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I like Kittens game a lot but mostly because it feels like I can make a couple decisions, go out for a walk and eat lunch, come back home and see all my numbers are bigger the way I wanted them to be.

The only problem is sometimes I forget what decisions I made and end up re-allocating resources back and forth between two goals.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Thing is, those decisions aren't things that happen over lunch any more. I decided what my next tech was going to be on saturday and now its tuesday and I'm still sitting here going in there every hour or so and making more scaffolds and selling slabs for titanium.

I wanted a weird combination between civ and those evony/tribal wars/clash of clans games, but instead I just got one of the latter which requires more attention and lacks the competitive/multiplayer draw.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I mean jeez I wouldnt mind if they bumped up the resource requirements a whole bunch, its just poo poo being limited by a resource cap. Its not fun to upgrade that cause it doesnt make the numbers go up faster.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
You guys could probably just save the page to your HD and edit the numbers in the javascript files until they're up to your sperg standards. :D

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Any goons who regularly hang out in the anti-idle chat rooms? I was considering picking up the game again, pretty sure i have a backup save somewhere.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Cat game updated with a more streamlined UI tab that includes much better tooltips.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007
Finally at the point in Kittens Game where I make more oil/coal with my steamworks and magnetos are all turned on. Feels nice. (Of course, I'm playing the waiting-even-longer-than-normal-for-an-idler game now.)

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
This is kind of neat, it's sort of like Derivative Clicker but reversed.

http://jamuspsi.github.io/second/

jamuspsi
Aug 13, 2014

A programmer that wants to make games, but is employed making everything but.
When I saw SA in my referers, I thought, "Wow, I've made the bigtime!" Thanks for linking it here. The idea really was to be able to flip the flow from up to down, but it ended up being more like really frequent mini-prestiging. It turned out better than I hoped, even if the balance with that one column is a little wonky still. drat autoclickers.

Always open to suggestions or feedback!

Brian

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

jamuspsi posted:

When I saw SA in my referers, I thought, "Wow, I've made the bigtime!" Thanks for linking it here. The idea really was to be able to flip the flow from up to down, but it ended up being more like really frequent mini-prestiging. It turned out better than I hoped, even if the balance with that one column is a little wonky still. drat autoclickers.

Always open to suggestions or feedback!

Brian

One thing that's a bit weird is that if you need 10B of a unit to get the next tier, you're slowly accumulating it ticking up to 9B, 9.1B all the way up to 9.9B and then suddenly you can't buy any, you can only get one of the next level. It's not a bad thing, but sometimes you can set yourself back if you time the clicks wrong.

Don't sign your posts.

Edit:

Like you're sitting here, (pretend I don't have a zillion of the next level). You're about to do an upgrade.

But you wait a second too long and instead of getting a few million of one level, you get one of the next.

It'd be neat if you could choose to upgrade at any level you choose, but if that doesn't work from a mechanical standpoint, that's ok.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 13, 2014

H2Omelon
Aug 31, 2009

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

This is kind of neat, it's sort of like Derivative Clicker but reversed.

http://jamuspsi.github.io/second/
I simply cannot understand what in the world is going on in this game, and I'm the sort of guy that played Sandcastle Builder.

Also it seems I'm missing some font? The currency icons are broken.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

In the cat game, do certain civilizations have a higher chance of getting you a blueprint than others? Getting kind of tired of trading 3000 gold away only to get two blueprints.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

TTBF posted:

In the cat game, do certain civilizations have a higher chance of getting you a blueprint than others? Getting kind of tired of trading 3000 gold away only to get two blueprints.

Other than hostile civs cockblocking you, no.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

H2Omelon posted:

I simply cannot understand what in the world is going on in this game, and I'm the sort of guy that played Sandcastle Builder.

Also it seems I'm missing some font? The currency icons are broken.

The main mechanic is sort of like miniature-prestiges to progress.
You accumulate 100 of the first level and then a green icon shows up on the second level to trade them up. You lose everything from level one in exchange. Otherwise the mechanics are similar to Derivative Clicker. Each item can be boosted in power in exchange for currency.

The game isn't that complex, but the mechanics are novel.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

TTBF posted:

As noted, no. The rate is 10% chance per trade. Why the hell you'd put something that important on random chance is beyond me.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Because eventually you get to make them yourself! Just like Titanium. :suicide:

To be fair, titanium gets abundant when you've got your trade ships up. And I suppose you could focus your efforts on Hunters and Scientists so you can be limited on Culture instead for Blueprints!

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Right now my big limit seems to be compendiums. Do I ever get a better way of making those?

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

MooCowlian posted:

Right now my big limit seems to be compendiums. Do I ever get a better way of making those?

No, not really. I mean, it gets easier with more steamworks, faster science, and more workshops/factories, but it's the same method.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I stopped playing the Kitten game because I stopped making noticeable progress and it got even worse once you hit the spot you're at now.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I swear I can turn it off any time I want.

goddamnit Keru why did you show me this

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
That looks familiar

I hate this game SO MUCH RIGHT NOW YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

delfin posted:

I swear I can turn it off any time I want.

goddamnit Keru why did you show me this

Good loving luck getting any farther. 1900 newspapers requires 1 million times as much as 1800.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I don't get what you guys see in that game. It sucks and the universe game is way better :colbert:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It seems really dumb how AdvCap has different cost multipliers on different businesses. Somewhere in the 200-300 range it all reverses and the lovely stuff suddenly also costs exponentially more than the good stuff.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sindai posted:

It seems really dumb how AdvCap has different cost multipliers on different businesses. Somewhere in the 200-300 range it all reverses and the lovely stuff suddenly also costs exponentially more than the good stuff.

It's to make you pay attention to the lovely stuff, since it gates a lot of big bonuses.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

drunken officeparty posted:

I don't get what you guys see in that game. It sucks and the universe game is way better :colbert:

I can close the tab and forget about it for a while, and still the numbers go up. Without even doing anything on my end!

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I load up AdvCap once or twice a day, reset, and build it all back up. Every upgrade is bought and I have almost 3000 lemonade stands. Still can't break 1800 newspaper stands because of the dumb math they're using. I think I'm done with that one until "Phase 2".

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MooCowlian posted:

Sort of. Your hunters get plentiful and good enough that you can really rack up the furs, as well as get a building that makes them. Then you can convert those compendiums into blueprints and get stuck at that stage.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Yeah the appeal of AdCap is that you don't actually have to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Is it possible to get enough tradehouses to improve your standing with another faction, or does it just reduce the chance of being hated for no reason?

• Locked thread