Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Dum Cumpster posted:

? one of my upgrades requires 1e+22 4th wall bricks and I'm making 2e+16 a second. It's taking a while

That's where I'm at too. 500 Reality Compromisers and a few days idling and I was only at like 5e20 4th wall bricks. And there's no way to speed it up until I break the boss finality wall (and reset) to unlock the next trophy, which might give another 25% efficiency. I guess I might have enough damage to finally do that after a few days of auto clicking as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
http://www.kongregate.com/games/Kawloran/save-the-earth-the-incremental

I'm having fun with this one, you can activate "autoclick" in the menu and chase and pop UFOs all day, or just buy a couple of things, close it and you will continue to earn money anyways for when you return.
If you decide to play actively, there's also a couple of bonus events fairly frequently, anything from bigger ships in the background every couple of seconds to a mothership that you can click repeatedly and earn a massive boost of cash. It's a little short where you can ascend once a day if you mean it, where you rank up and receive a permanent bonus to your cash%. But there's upgrades and achievements at the higher end I still haven't gotten to, and I think it's still being updated, too. And the sprites are pretty.

Anyways the UFO chasing is fun enough to give some of your hand muscles a workout which are not your clicker finger.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Just re-finished Wall Destroyer. On the one hand, props to him for making trophies non-required for "the ending" now, and the "turn damage into future knowledge" unlock is a great one for grinding that crap out.

On the other, a lot of those post-The End upgrades would be SO MUCH MORE HELPFUL in the final grind leading up to it. Christ. Seriously, I'm at the point of resetting about ten minutes after breaking the final wall and there are STILL MORE UNLOCKS COMING. And another deep time upgrade that didn't fire with the others. What the hell.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 22, 2014

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Oenis posted:

Anyways the UFO chasing is fun enough to give some of your hand muscles a workout which are not your clicker finger.
I was playing this until I realized it was exactly the same each reset with no variation. Basically, the first big UFO is enough to skip you over most of the game, and the second is enough to give you the rank needed to reset and likely the next passive boost if you're ever going to get it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Irritated Goat posted:

I must be super bad at Clicker Heroes. :( The calculator I'm using is basically telling me to just ascend at lvl 100.

The calculator is inaccurate for low levels. I'd go for 140.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
I've been playing Anti-Idle the Game for I think over a year now, though I have been cheating with a mouse-wiggling java thing.

Also, this week I've been playing Second Derivative Clicker at work - and I'm wondering how I can pull the save from the work file for home use over the weekend, or at least how I can start over at my current prestige level of 7.70 (I wouldn't mind playing this one legit so I wouldn't mind using source code cheats to keep the prestige).

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Pidmon posted:

Second Derivative Clicker

I like it!

But what does the IT column do? The description of the "nephew" is "$0 per click"

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Oh god, Clicker Heroes updated for Halloween and added in Cookie Clicker style random clickables that give you small boosts. I thought I had gotten away from that particular form of heroin.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Ineptitude posted:

I like it!

But what does the IT column do? The description of the "nephew" is "$0 per click"

The nephew rounds up from cents, so as long as you click once to upgrade Nephew it'll be a major cash cow. I think you need to upgrade it and the 'row power' column quite a bit before that becomes $1 per click.

Also as it turns out being able to actively play has already vastly outstripped how much I got from idling two nights at work, I'm already at x8.7 prestige.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

The new update broke that dude's autohotkey script on Clicker Heroes. I'm not sure how to change it now that it makes the tab on your window change with the level you're at.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

On the bright side, if you haven't already noticed you can get free Dark Rituals from the pumpkin creature (as long as it's not on cooldown I believe) and the candies seem to be a treasure chest's worth of extra gold.

Micr0chiP
Mar 17, 2007
Has anyone talked about exoptable money?
I though that i was cured from indle games, until this video poped in my subs feed and i knew that i had to make those bills and coins go faster.
PS: it has a twist ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csHIH4TixSY

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

So in Save the Earth!, should I reset after getting my medal or do I wait until something else?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Spaced God posted:

So in Save the Earth!, should I reset after getting my medal or do I wait until something else?

Pretty sure you reset when you get the medal since there's not really much else to do before you prestige. You don't keep any unlocks on research unless it's achievement related, and the passive % increase is piddly compared to the next medal.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Micr0chiP posted:

I though that i was cured from indle games, until this video poped in my subs feed and i knew that i had to make those bills and coins go faster.

I uh... won?

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

Micr0chiP posted:

Oh my. I'm making so much money... :ohdear:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Micr0chiP posted:

Without spoiling anything, this is the cruelest 2-3 hours I've played in recent memory. Like, drat.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Micr0chiP posted:

What a cheerful game.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Oh man. Cheerful does not begin to describe it.

So uh, your cat who faithfully goes out to find more money for you? He and Madame cross paths. And then you're thinking "He hasn't come back for a long time." Well the cat came back the very next day, you thought he was a goner...

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

It's predictably macabre and that's not a phrase I really thought I'd ever say but it is if you have seen that type of game before.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So in Wall Destroyer space bricks don't carry over from a reset but the upgrades you buy with them do? Not sure why they'd put that disclaimer when all the other currencies get reset too (unless there's one coming up that doesn't)?

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

Bellmaker posted:

So in Wall Destroyer space bricks don't carry over from a reset but the upgrades you buy with them do? Not sure why they'd put that disclaimer when all the other currencies get reset too (unless there's one coming up that doesn't)?

It's the same as other upgrades. The upgrade remains unlocked or purchased, as it was before the reset, but the currency resets to 0.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Micr0chiP posted:

Wow. Just...

Wow.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Micr0chiP posted:

What do I do with the tin can?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Len posted:

Just keep playing, it becomes obvious eventually.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Len posted:

Click it once or twice and see.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Yeah I finished the game and feel dumb now. Whoopsydoodle.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Finally making a push for the last wall in wall destroyer. So long and terrible, but at least it'll always be faster the next time I guess.

I know it was kind of picked up and dropped a lot earlier in the thread, but I just maxed out in critter mound. As far as time idle/time played ratios go it's probably the most satisfying. You can blast up your genetic tinkering if you sit on it, or just check in a couple times a day to requeen/king, replace your probably dead soldiers and move on to something else.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Sage Grimm posted:

Oh man. Cheerful does not begin to describe it.

So uh, your cat who faithfully goes out to find more money for you? He and Madame cross paths. And then you're thinking "He hasn't come back for a long time." Well the cat came back the very next day, you thought he was a goner...

I just finished playing it. poo poo, this is the darkest clicker ever. :stare:

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Hahaha the game is so BS; if you decide to not send the cat out and just proceed with upgrades the cat still vanishes when the story demands it. Lame

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

KazigluBey posted:

Hahaha the game is so BS; if you decide to not send the cat out and just proceed with upgrades the cat still vanishes when the story demands it. Lame

Yeah it might as well be an early Newgrounds game. Sure has the graphics and aesthetic for it.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
Yeah, I'm a massive weenie and I'm glad y'all mentioned Something Happens To A Cat so I know not to even try to play that game.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Here's one that's certainly a thing. It's neat at first but then it gets really really goddamn slow. Google drive link

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Len posted:

Here's one that's certainly a thing. It's neat at first but then it gets really really goddamn slow. Google drive link

I cheated like crazy playing this one and it was still fun.
The guy who made this really did a good job of opening up new options and creating that thrill of discovery.

He really hosed up when it comes to pacing.

Edit:
Use this link instead: http://scholarclicker.com/

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 30, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Haha, at first I thought it was broken. Clever.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
I remember someone talking about a lucky regild in Clicker Heroes some time ago. I'm still in "early" play (just one Ascension, since I stopped playing the first time when Hero Souls weren't even a thing), and I just ungilded Treebeast into Frostleaf, so that seems like a pretty good exchange.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
http://www.rivsoft.net/clicker/gild

Actually it was kind of neutral. I'd recommend just regilding into the top 6. That way it's not very expensive.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Well, uh, Frostleaf is up there in terms of being an optimal gild, but Treebeast is just a bit better. Check this place out for mid-game gild optimization, when you've got hero souls to spare to move things around.

e: f; b

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I cheated like crazy playing this one and it was still fun.
The guy who made this really did a good job of opening up new options and creating that thrill of discovery.

He really hosed up when it comes to pacing.

Edit:
Use this link instead: http://scholarclicker.com/

Art appears to be useless, is that hilarious or have I just not arted enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

LAY-ZX posted:

Art appears to be useless, is that hilarious or have I just not arted enough?

I think it might be required to go up a grade. You have to art a lot.

• Locked thread