Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sindai posted:

Where do the flawless gems come from, though? Unless I'm missing something there's no way to auto-convert gems, and even autoclicking with a gleaming pickaxe generates very few flawless.

As an aside, it's ridiculous the game doesn't have built-in autoclicking with how important the gem supply is once you get alchemy.

The radiant pickaxe produces a huge amount of gems. And once you get industry going you get a building that produces absurd amounts every 10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Mine defense seems really slow. I'm looking at the wiki and it looks like all my next upgrades have costs which are going to take a day or more to get to. I only started today and all of a sudden anything new is miles out of reach. I'm getting about 0.65 mana per second and 200b gold per second and all the rest of my upgrades are costing tens of thousands of mana and quadrillions of gold, and that's excluding all the gold I'd be spending on people to unlock a lot of it in the first place.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

MooCowlian posted:

Mine defense seems really slow. I'm looking at the wiki and it looks like all my next upgrades have costs which are going to take a day or more to get to. I only started today and all of a sudden anything new is miles out of reach. I'm getting about 0.65 mana per second and 200b gold per second and all the rest of my upgrades are costing tens of thousands of mana and quadrillions of gold, and that's excluding all the gold I'd be spending on people to unlock a lot of it in the first place.

It does like sandcastle builder where you'll occasionally get upgrades that are total game changers. You really shouldn't even worry about mana til you get the dark portent upgrade, at which point you'll unlock a ton of upgrades that double your mana rate and compound on one another.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
There's usually something you can aim for that'll give you a sudden, massive boost to income. Do you have Man's Best Friend? If so, buy a ton of craftsmen and bloodhounds. That'll be most of your income for a while.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sindai posted:

There's usually something you can aim for that'll give you a sudden, massive boost to income. Do you have Man's Best Friend? If so, buy a ton of craftsmen and bloodhounds. That'll be most of your income for a while.

That was so loving absurd when I got it.

Wanton Spoon
Aug 19, 2007

Senior Burgeoner

Cirrial posted:

I made a dumb stupid idle click game thing too. Enjoy, maybe! It has a whole three features!
This is my new favorite idle clicker next to AdVenture Capitalist purely because it's easy to beat. I think I just like watching numbers go up as fast as possible. The fact that there is no real point where you end up with diminishing returns is pleasing to me.*

Initially I thought the sharkonium was going to be the bottleneck in going through the gate each time, since the sharkonium transmuters went up in price pretty fast. Then I thought, what am I doing? You can just hit the "buy max" button and then click the button that manually generates sharkonium each time you click it, then you don't need the auto-transmuters at all. (Is this an oversight, or a reward for thinking outside the box?)

*I have no idea why Kittens Game is so popular in here, that game is nothing BUT diminishing returns.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Wanton Spoon posted:

This is my new favorite idle clicker next to AdVenture Capitalist purely because it's easy to beat. I think I just like watching numbers go up as fast as possible. The fact that there is no real point where you end up with diminishing returns is pleasing to me.*

Initially I thought the sharkonium was going to be the bottleneck in going through the gate each time, since the sharkonium transmuters went up in price pretty fast. Then I thought, what am I doing? You can just hit the "buy max" button and then click the button that manually generates sharkonium each time you click it, then you don't need the auto-transmuters at all. (Is this an oversight, or a reward for thinking outside the box?)

*I have no idea why Kittens Game is so popular in here, that game is nothing BUT diminishing returns.

Cattegame was the new hotness when this thread started and doesn't look that bad til you get to about navigation and everything goes to poo poo.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, I like how Shark Game is pretty short and has a real end point.

The weird thing about it is that in the final phase my bottleneck ended up being rays and sand, because ray-producers cost kelp, which is slow to produce and in turn depends on sand.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Kyrosiris posted:

That was so loving absurd when I got it.

I got the one that boosts World Eater income per Ant earlier. It took me from ~85T straight to 2Qa.

Also I had fun with sharkgame and was surprised by the end screen. I'd watched you coding that a bunch during the marathon but missed most the end of it so I never actually saw the result of what came from the game.

baram. fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 16, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Man I really wish transmuting gems didn't take ants. I need them all to buy Chrysalises. Feels like I'm bottlenecked incredibly hard by ants, and there's not even anything significant for my alchemists to do, since chrysalises dwarf their mana production.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sindai posted:

Man I really wish transmuting gems didn't take ants. I need them all to buy Chrysalises. Feels like I'm bottlenecked incredibly hard by ants, and there's not even anything significant for my alchemists to do, since chrysalises dwarf their mana production.

Yeah, the main thing alchemists unlock is alchemist upgrades and those are bottlenecked by gem generation. Gems pick up a lot once you industrialize, though. One of the buildings is giving me about 300k gems every 10 minutes.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I seem to be ridiculously far from buildings, though. Apparently I need the last pick before I can alchemize hirelings effectively, and for that I need to mine 750k more gems and earn 5Oc. My total all-time is 150k gems and 2.26Oc gold and I see no way of increasing the rate of income for either one much further.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sindai posted:

I seem to be ridiculously far from buildings, though. Apparently I need the last pick before I can alchemize hirelings effectively, and for that I need to mine 600k more gems and earn 5Oc. My total all-time gold is 2.26c and my income is growing really slowly.

Yeah, that's one of the bigger waits. Just turn on the autoclicker, move all your mages to delving and go do something else. Once you start alchemizing queens things will get fast since you'll have so many that you won't mind turning a few ants into gems to turn into golems or queens.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Aug 16, 2014

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

I'm at the point where Mana is starting to be the bottleneck, i.e. I can imbue my units but I have nothing beyond the Swarm Pick/Hive Queen, is there any trick to getting through this quicker?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Baram posted:

I'm at the point where Mana is starting to be the bottleneck, i.e. I can imbue my units but I have nothing beyond the Swarm Pick/Hive Queen, is there any trick to getting through this quicker?

When you imbue a unit to a 2x or 6x multiplier you get a new upgrade that doubles your mana per meditating mage. These stack multiplicatively. Once you get a few the rest will come relatively quickly. A bit later you can use alchemists to get a bigger boost and then a new, expensive as gently caress hireling shows up and blows them both out of the water.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

dis astranagant posted:

When you imbue a unit to a 2x or 6x multiplier you get a new upgrade that doubles your mana per meditating mage. These stack multiplicatively. Once you get a few the rest will come relatively quickly. A bit later you can use alchemists to get a bigger boost and then a new, expensive as gently caress hireling shows up and blows them both out of the water.

Ahh gotcha. I must've blindly clicked through the first couple of the Nightmare upgrades I unlocked and assumed it was just another 2x to the units production. Thank you!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Is there ever an alternative route to getting steel in Kittens Game other than smashing 100 coal and iron together? It seems like a cruel joke that the Calciner mainly produces iron.

Geight fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 16, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Geight posted:

Is there ever an alternative route to getting steel in Kittens Game other than smashing 100 coal and iron together?

Nope. Eventually your coal rate is gonna go nuts and you'll have to trade for iron. The latest update added a bunch of unimplemented science for you to waste your time on.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 16, 2014

Zira
Oct 9, 2007

You have a job! Karl has a job! What's my purpose?
Karl has a job!Karl has a job!
What's my purpose? What's my
You have a job! purpose?
What's my purpose?
What's my purpose?

dis astranagant posted:

Not needed because the game has one built in. Just make a bookmark for java script: autoclick = setInterval(MD.dig, 5)
Adjust the 5 to suit your processor. Gold gets rather unimportant later but this will get you a bit of a head start.

What really frustrates me is that I can't get this to work, but I somehow have goggles on my bookmarks bar :psyduck:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Zira posted:

What really frustrates me is that I can't get this to work, but I somehow have goggles on my bookmarks bar :psyduck:

What browser do you have?
If it's chrome, hit F12, switch to Console and just paste it in, press enter.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Zira posted:

Firefox is dumb and does handle that kind of bookmarklet right. Hit ctrl+shift+k and type it in the box that comes up.

Zira
Oct 9, 2007

You have a job! purpose?
What's my purpose?
What's my purpose?
I'm on chrome, and it says this:

code:
java script: autoclick = setInterval(MD.dig, 5)
SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier
stack: (...)
get stack: function () { [native code] }
arguments: null
caller: null
length: 0
name: ""
prototype: Object
__proto__: function Empty() {}
<function scope>
set stack: function () { [native code] }
arguments: null
caller: null
length: 1
name: ""
prototype: Object
__proto__: function Empty() {}
<function scope>
__proto__: Error
constructor: function SyntaxError() { [native code] }
name: "SyntaxError"
stack: undefined
__proto__: d

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

you don't need the javascript: if you're not doing it from a bookmark. Also I didn't realize I typo'd that.

e: I didn't but the forums are paranoid.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Don't ever reset cat game, the bonus production doesn't apply to smelters i think???? Also you get through the early game a lot faster only to be stonewalled by steel/manuscripts even harder and you don't have the blueprints built up from trading like the first time around when you hit steamworks

Cat game really is diminishing returns the game. If the reset currency gave a bonus to crafting resources it would be much better

Zira
Oct 9, 2007

You have a job! purpose?
What's my purpose?
What's my purpose?
I managed to get it into bookmark, but it just leads me to a broken page when I click on it to get it to open on the page.

Oh well, I will live.

Thank you for all the help, though.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Whoa! If you click on the Orb it gives you a suggestion on what to do next.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

dis astranagant posted:

Yeah you get double mana production from mage for 2x AND 6x multipliers

When i first unlocked the multiplier boosting buttons my mana went from something like 20 mana/sec to 1B mana/sec in 10 minutes. Shortly thereafter i got Neurochrysalises and realized how little mana 1B/sec is.
Its a bit silly that alchemists doesn't really do anything after you get Neuro's, but you still need to keep buying them to unlock the upgrades where they generate more units for the same amount of gems. I would recommend using gems to get to 50 alchemists for this doubler should be prioritized over using the gems to get to 13500 Bagger 888's. Get those afterwards for half the price :)

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

Yeah you get double mana production from mage for 2x AND 6x multipliers

When i first unlocked the multiplier boosting buttons my mana went from something like 20 mana/sec to 1B mana/sec in 10 minutes. Shortly thereafter i got Neurochrysalises and realized how little mana 1B/sec is.
Its a bit silly that alchemists doesn't really do anything after you get Neuro's, but you still need to keep buying them to unlock the upgrades where they generate more units for the same amount of gems. I would recommend using gems to get to 50 alchemists for this doubler should be prioritized over using the gems to get to 13500 Bagger 888's. Get those afterwards for half the price :)

Alchemists generate gems. Not good ones but they'll help get your baggers and golems up. By the time you have neuros you should have plenty of queens to not really give a poo poo about losing some of their output to gems.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

dis astranagant posted:

Alchemists generate gems. Not good ones but they'll help get your baggers and golems up. By the time you have neuros you should have plenty of queens to not really give a poo poo about losing some of their output to gems.

At 200 queens with a 20ish multiplier you can only have around 10 alchemists on producing gems without getting negative growth on your ants. The other 40 is left to generate a pittance of mana

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
How many angels should I stand to gain before I reset AdCap the first time?

Wanton Spoon
Aug 19, 2007

Senior Burgeoner

Pope Guilty posted:

How many angels should I stand to gain before I reset AdCap the first time?

I think I had like... 200 or 250. That was the longest period of time I ever went before resetting, it shouldn't take more than a day or two for any subsequent resets to be worth it. The main hurdle is getting the oil companies to a point where you don't have to wait several hours for them to make a profit, because that's where the majority of your profit is going to come from for a while.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.
Cattegame would be a lot better if storage wasn't such a bottleneck. As it is, you can't really let it idle for too long or you'll hit the max storage and be wasting resources. And the max storage that you get isn't enough to produce much in terms of steel, or manuscripts or whatever else.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

At 200 queens with a 20ish multiplier you can only have around 10 alchemists on producing gems without getting negative growth on your ants. The other 40 is left to generate a pittance of mana

I guess. I've had tens of thousands for quite a while. Alchemize them.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Zira posted:

I managed to get it into bookmark, but it just leads me to a broken page when I click on it to get it to open on the page.

Oh well, I will live.

Thank you for all the help, though.

Ctrl + Shift + J , opens up the Javascript console in chrome!
( It's also under Tools : Javascript Console. )

Enter the code snippet there, worked for me.

Zira
Oct 9, 2007

You have a job! purpose?
What's my purpose?
What's my purpose?
And there we go! Thank you so much! :3:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Don't reload your mine defense tab til you've gotten the 12x neuro upgrade because the latest version nerfs endgame mana gains in 2 different ways and also nerfs gems from the statue. It doesn't give a whole lot in return, just some stuff to be expanded on later.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
All right, I'm a day into Mine Defense and hitting a lull. Captain Planet's Gleaming Pick with three Majestics in it, a 285B Bioalloy Wall, so all seems okay on that front. 1.268Sx gold/sec. About 240 Craftsmen and Mages, the latter mostly split between delving and meditating. 21 Alchemists taking Gold -> Mana. 200-ish of the other hirelings, except for 160-ish of World Eaters and Hive Queens and 25 Wyverns. 133 of 164 upgrades, 21 of 34 mage upgrades, Imbue in the low teens for everything except Wyverns (6x), need lots more Mana to buy Gettin' Lucky.

What's my next big generational leap in ant / mana / bagger / gem production?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

delfin posted:

All right, I'm a day into Mine Defense and hitting a lull. Captain Planet's Gleaming Pick with three Majestics in it, a 285B Bioalloy Wall, so all seems okay on that front. 1.268Sx gold/sec. About 240 Craftsmen and Mages, the latter mostly split between delving and meditating. 21 Alchemists taking Gold -> Mana. 200-ish of the other hirelings, except for 160-ish of World Eaters and Hive Queens and 25 Wyverns. 133 of 164 upgrades, 21 of 34 mage upgrades, Imbue in the low teens for everything except Wyverns (6x), need lots more Mana to buy Gettin' Lucky.

The next pick gets you the gems to start moving up. You'll then need 15kish baggers and golems to get the next big thing. 30 alchemists gets you the next step in mana gains but it'll cost you.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 16, 2014

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I think catgame is broken. I reset and it gave me a zebra, paragon, and karma. It also cut all my storage to about 33% of what it was and didn't erase any of my buildings, tech, or workshop upgrades. It did get rid of all my resources though. I have no idea what's up.

e: Ohhh my storage got cut because the ships went away. Got it. Still no clue what this zebra is or why nothing else reset.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

delfin posted:

I think all you need for Neurochrysalis is a poo poo ton of ants. That'll be a big boost.

Edit:
I'm wrong, you also need 30 Alchemists and a ton of mana. It's worth it though!

• Locked thread