Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Edit: nevermind the cheats I found did work I just had to adjust my villager jobs to make them go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

drunken officeparty posted:

Rebuild The Universe was updated.

The bad news is that it resets your progress and I lost my game :(.

Yeah not a fan of that reset. I'm going to wait for the achievements before playing again. They're supposed to make stuff cheaper to buy.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Got to the point in Wall Destroyer where I should be bothering to figure out an autoclick, but I haven't. Like, even clicking manually more than doubles my DPS. I like how the upgrades are all just multipliers, but it still makes manual clicking relevant - might sound weird, but it feels polished.

I don't know enough about JavaScript to make one but if you do would you mind posting it here? The one for Mine Defense has been super useful.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I had to give up on Wall Destroyer because the tab kept crashing in Chrome. Ah well. I have so many numbers getting big in Mine Defense. I'm only 28qwhatevers away from my hundred neurochrysalis

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sindai posted:

The new Mine Defense update is confusing. What does Hone Weapons do?

And how is it possible to ever afford Bomb Enemies? It costs 10sp mana for me and I produce less than 400Qa per second with all mages meditating.

EDIT: Oh, he made a thread on the reddit to ask the people who idle all week how much mana they make to set the cost. Of course.

I'm probably not much better than the redditors but I make a couple hundred Sx a second. 100 chrysalis with 400 meditating mages and a shitload of mage wisdom.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mo0 posted:

Someone made one with RPG poo poo and levels and timed boss fights and other poo poo jesus christ I thought I was done playing these stupid games.

Clicker Heroes is evil. I'm sharing it to inflict it on others to feel better.

Not my screenshot, I'm nowhere near this far, but seriously what the hell when will I be done with these games.

Edit: Well poo poo. Mentioned on the previous page a few times.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Here's one I just found on the incremental game subreddit: http://dempo.minethings.com/

You sign up and the numbers get bigger whether you're online or offline. Things to do include building a robot, upgrading the robot, buying mines, trading stuff, working for other players/hiring other players (no idea how that works), and probably some other stuff. I signed up as EvilBillMurray because why not.

The game has a referral system and I'm not 100% on what that does but here's my link: http://www.minethings.com/miners/index/+196522

Edit: I don't know if it matters but I'm on the Dempo server.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

senae posted:

Clicking is a bad mechanic and your option is to either ignore the fact that a huge percentage of your users will use an autoclicker, or design for that, and both of those are terrible. Hover mechanics are the best way to reward attentiveness but I've seen basically one idle game use them.

I've been checking out the incremental game subreddit and you wouldn't believe how angry people get at auto clickers. Like the people there legitimately want everyone to sit there clicking over and over and earn every click through hard earned dedication.

Also they get really really pissy when games made on the cookie clicker engine get posted. Because that's not the subreddit for those sorts of games.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Are there even any good ones? Wall Destroyer's last update ruined it, Coin Collector is dead now, is there anything left?

There's been a couple okay ones that keep me occupied for an hour or so.

http://clickerclicker.com/ this might be the most interesting one.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Micr0chiP posted:

Has anyone talked about exoptable money?
I though that i was cured from indle games, until this video poped in my subs feed and i knew that i had to make those bills and coins go faster.
PS: it has a twist ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csHIH4TixSY

What do I do with the tin can?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Yeah I finished the game and feel dumb now. Whoopsydoodle.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Here's one that's certainly a thing. It's neat at first but then it gets really really goddamn slow. Google drive link

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I cheated like crazy playing this one and it was still fun.
The guy who made this really did a good job of opening up new options and creating that thrill of discovery.

He really hosed up when it comes to pacing.

Edit:
Use this link instead: http://scholarclicker.com/

Would you mind posting how to cheat? I'm dumb at cheating at these things but my god is the pacing in this game bad.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pidmon posted:

So why the hell are the math classes all obfuscated? I seriously have no idea when I should be grinding them out or going up a grade.

Just have them go blank when you've done enough to unlock the next class up is all I ask.

You unlock the ability to see how many points you need at some point.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Nolanar posted:

Are there any good ones of these for Android? The only one I've found that still runs when it's not actively on-screen is Idle Oil Tycoon, which is kinda boring. Logging Quest 1 & 2 are close, too.

Also, Clicker Heroes newbie question: I have Dogcog and Vaagur as my ancients right now. Should I max them out before I grab a third one?

I have this installed right now: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cac.monolith

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Are there any cheats for Sandcastle Builder? It seems like the slowest drat incremental I've played and I'm not patient enough for it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

something posted:

So uh I found out about this incremental MMO, though it seems pretty isolated... anyone want to join me and figure out how to do stuff in it?

http://mmoincremental.appspot.com

I followed the gravel path to Ivybank in the intro part, not sure if it matters.

Took the same path. In as EvilBillMurray

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Eldercain posted:

I don't know if I found this here or elsewhere on the internet, but I've been enjoying Matter of Scale. It utterly confused the poo poo out of me for a while at the start, and it is kind of labor intensive to start, but it has a really clever prestige system that doesn't make you cringe as you flush yhour hard (non)work of weeks down the toilet for a handful of tokens.

e: something about it is buggy, I think it may be the managers. They're not very good regardless, but I think not using them is the way to go.

Do you get more prestige if you let the hamlet hang out longer after you complete?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Eldercain posted:

I don't know if I found this here or elsewhere on the internet, but I've been enjoying Matter of Scale. It utterly confused the poo poo out of me for a while at the start, and it is kind of labor intensive to start, but it has a really clever prestige system that doesn't make you cringe as you flush yhour hard (non)work of weeks down the toilet for a handful of tokens.

e: something about it is buggy, I think it may be the managers. They're not very good regardless, but I think not using them is the way to go.

I hate you for this by the way.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Hate is strong but drat I wish I had a script to click the golden cookie-likes, it's very annoying that the only way to get them to stay longer for the perceptually disabled is to click them a ton. :argh:

My girlfriend came over and went "is that another tab of numbers getting bigger? Are you serious? How many is that now?"

It's only two. I've dropped it down to two. And I'm almost free of Mine Defense. 1.0 drops Saturday.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mine Defense 1.0 is out with a bunch of new buildings and upgrades and at least two new currencies. So if you played before and haven't in awhile you might want to check it out.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ineptitude posted:

Welp, 50 new upgrades, and i could only buy 7 of em with my 1 month of idle'ing a maxed out empire.

Looking forward to playing MineDefense again, its still my favorite idler/incremental, after having played "all of them" extensively.

I'm grinding out battles to earn the trust of dragons or some poo poo. I didn't bother to battle once I didn't have any other reasons to. Welp.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Eldercain posted:

So I have the archery thing and about 10 hunters now, what is the next step? I can't build anymore buildings and the adamantium cost on the hunters is prohibitively high.

Start doing conquests. Apparently the last shrine unlocks at 10k.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Eldercain posted:

Oh gently caress me I have 800 or so from before since it was a good source of steel, but unless your army gets crazy strong with dragon upgrades that's gonna take forever.

There's a cemetery that unlocks where they get a %boost for each dead soldier. But it's still taking forever. I'm at a little over 5k now. You get the first shrine at 2k and the second at 4k I think.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Eldercain posted:

Oh you are kidding. I'm getting maybe 3-4 victories with a full garrison at 940 right now I don't know how you're supposed to grind to 2k

In my case I've been idling with nothing to gain since the last update so I pumped my population to 10k, have trained my troops and have honed weapons. Supposedly he's working on a balance patch based on posts in the subreddit.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

My holdup now is food. Dragons are expensive yo.

Edit:

The dragon went from an egg to small after being fed 1000 times. He upgraded again at level 10k. Level 30k he still hasn't leveled up again.

Len fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 15, 2014

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Now the dragon costs population. :suicide:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Eldercain posted:

I'm up to 4k, I don't have patience for more than 1k at a time. I'll do some more when I get home and hopefully unlock the next shrine. Do you cap out at 10k or is this gonna be another grindfest?

Also now that I can alchemize water into dragonscale, why the gently caress do I have these dragon hunters again?

As far as I can tell you don't need anything past 10k. Until someone posts the new upgrades and how to get them I stopped.

Water essence is how I'm getting scales now that I have hunters but it generates so slowly. I have it at like level 65-70 and an extra 100% essence generation. But it still isn't getting anywhere.

Edit: each dragon sacrificed makes the graveyard attack faster.

Len fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Dec 16, 2014

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sindai posted:

There are several points in MD where you either have to idle for a day or two, or cheat. It's not very consistent.

I happen to be stuck at another one right now! A day after building all four elemental shrines my total essence is only about 25k out of the 100k I need. And dragonscales/flax generate so slowly I can't upgrade them significantly any more.

I've also got days to go before I alchemize up to one trillion of every hireling for the last set of upgrades.

Protip: there are some really good hireling upgrades at the one billion mark. The bloodhound one makes them eat ants to increase alchemy yield, and there's another one (I can't remember which) which makes a second hireling type generate several orders of magnitude more dirt than Baggers. Once you have that every other method of generating tradeable resources becomes obsolete, because you can just trade up from dirt to trillions of steel/coal.

The flax/essence problems are supposed to be fixed Saturday. He's going to downgrade essence costs and make one of the hirelings have a chance of finding flax. Supposedly at least. There's a topic on the subreddit he made specifically for complaining about balance.

Personally I want a way to lower goblin HP because I lost a 1T wall with 300 mages defending it. That'll teach me for letting the traps lapse. Never doing that again.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Eldercain posted:

Flax isn't so bad really because the hunters are kind of crap for dragonscale compared to hounds. I easily got all my shrines to 30 (water to 40) after one night with the water shrine + alchemy running. I guess they might be good once you can create them in the trillions but the flax generation even with a fix will probably end up being a massive grind. I'm currently on day 2 of waiting for enough food for the second dragon feeding and I even have that awful 50k education food upgrade. In the meantime I have all my hirelings alchemizing with all my leftover alchemists on bloodhounds since they speed the entire process up so much with their OP buff.

I guess I should see if I'm swimming in dirt now because I do not remember having a lot of options for trading for steel to upgrade buildings and conquest is SO TEDIOUS. I actually just straight skipped from 5k to 10k in the console because clicking between conquest and the bombing window for several hours did not sound like my idea of a good time, and the automated one at the graveyard turns off if you lose, which you will sometimes because of how conquest works.

IIRC the gem grind you're at now LAY-ZX is just kind of terrible regardless. It's kind of a morass for a while, then you get to buildings etc and things smooth out again.

With 100 dragon hunters you unlock the ability to alchemize them. Which would be useful because the essence costs are ridiculous. I just got started on the step after novice dragon and 10% costs 100k fire. So that's my current plan.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Eldercain posted:

Yeah, but I can't see getting 100 dragon hunters for weeks unless the flax upgrade is pretty substantial. I get maybe 1-2 per day, and flax generation just doesn't go up in any meaningful way.

Either way I'm hoarding essence. I imagine I'll probably be hitting the next set of hireling upgrades in a day or two so I'll reserve my judgements till all that's flowing.

It's supposed to be like the Wyvern and Adamantium. I don't remember what the hireling is gonna be though. So having 1T of it should speed up production quite a bit.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Essence really is dragging Mine Defense down and I really hope he has some good patch for it this weekend like he says he will. Short of upgrading and sacrificing lots of dragons I just don't see how you can effectively get as much as it wants.

There's a neurochryslis upgrade for scholars adding % to essence generation: ((# scholars)^(0.33)) / 100 but even at 3 million scholars the bonus is worthless. Giving a whole 1.372% modifier.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sindai posted:

It's not that bad. it's a multiplier, not a percent, so in your example it's actually a 37.2% bonus. At 10 million it doubles your income, and that's easy to hit since you can have 200-300k population then.

Oh well then yeah that's way better than I thought it would be. My bad numbers and math are dark magic.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

What's the fastest way to increase the build level of your town? That's a lot of clicks.

I turned on an autohotkey script. I don't have the patience to go above 150,000 though. That took forever as is. There's an upgrade somewhere that doubles the amount of scholars you get though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Someone needs to make an android app idler that's like Mine Defense/Sandcastle/Shark Game. I want more to collect than just one thing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Eldercain posted:

I really feel like that's key to the design: nobody wants to collect just one kind of thing. Phasing through different currencies or meta-currencies over time gives you a sense of progression, and especially those that last through prestige or rearrange how you think about earlier currencies etc. have a large impact on how the game plays, which keeps it from just being "oh hey this number went up more I guess".

I'm collecting essence for my dragon now, and it's not *that* bad. I'm at ~60k combined and it'll probably take me 2-3 days to get to 100k. If it goes up higher than that (or I'm mistaken and you need 100k of one of them) then yes, it's a little bit excessive. I'm at about 80k population and I really don't understand why you don't get a buy 1/10/100 option as your population goes up. I can easily afford at least 200k pop and I just don't really want to click it up. Maybe I'll just console it like I did the conquests since it's not really about anything but reducing the number of times I have to hammer my keypad.

To get 10% of a dragon upgrade is 100k of a single essence. It is beyond silly.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Eldercain posted:

Do you have to choose one and keep feeding it that one? Or does the type it changes to depend on which one it ate the most of or something? From code-surfing it looks like you have to grind up one of each, get the upgrade for it, and then when you've made all 4 you can progress. So I guess so long dragons, enjoy your portal adventure :(

Does the autoclick variable still work? I tried to set it up because I want the adamantium from the earth picks, but I'm not entirely sure if it's running or not. It's possible that my wyverns are just way outpacing clicking, and I know it won't make a dent in gems/gold so I guess the answer for me is who cares.

I'm not sure exactly how it works. After you get the novice levels you pick an essence type and then its a shitload of food or pop, I forgot which it said neither matter, and 100k of that essence. And there's like 8 dragons.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

What do eels do? I can't seem to get my crystal production above .05/s and I could really use more crystals.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Well I figured out what eels do. It's not make crystals. so it looks like I'm locked into .05/s for a hot minute. This is less than ideal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sindai posted:

Yeah that happened to me too. Just keep researching and eventually you'll get something that produces crystals.

My fingers are crossed it's jellyfish or clams. Because this is ridiculous. ):

Edit: It's neither of those. At least I unlocked the one from the original ocean. Now I just have to wait for me to get 50 crystals to make one.

Len fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Dec 20, 2014

• Locked thread