Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Does it ever become possible to automate sending hunters? It's really the one thing left which I can't just leave. My catpower cap is low enough that with more than a few hunters, it fills up in five or ten minutes, which isn't really so useful. When I'm making gears or something, I can just play some other game and maybe alt tab back to empty my iron and coal again. When all I want right now is manuscripts, it's not really at all convenient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I guess I'll have to settle for playing a little less directedly. Thus far, I've basically been looking at what I want next and putting everyone who isn't farming to just do that, but if that's not going to work...

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Year 604, Spring: Zebras hate you for no reason

What does this mean?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Well gently caress the zebras then. All I wanted was some shiny metal to look at while I build up another hundred thousand science cap to do any of this research.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I'm saving for an M54 Globular Cluster, 501 Tredecillion. I've got 105 of those V354 Cephei things. :smug:

It seems to have a weird curve. The bonuses are worth far more than any new things at this point, its worth pumping all those early ones way up for the massive boosts that come when start being able to buy global 15-16% boosts. I'm starting to slow down, but it really picked up hard when I opened it after shutting my laptop for the night and found I'd been earning while I slept.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I was five purchases away from unlocking all the spacebits :(

Edit: wow, they've nerfed the hell out of this.

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Aug 12, 2014

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Kittens game is pretty neat at the beginning when you can unlock everything and explore the tech trees pretty quickly, but it's really bad after a week or two. This is where a prestige system ought to come in and save the day, but it really doesn't.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Thing is, those decisions aren't things that happen over lunch any more. I decided what my next tech was going to be on saturday and now its tuesday and I'm still sitting here going in there every hour or so and making more scaffolds and selling slabs for titanium.

I wanted a weird combination between civ and those evony/tribal wars/clash of clans games, but instead I just got one of the latter which requires more attention and lacks the competitive/multiplayer draw.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Right now my big limit seems to be compendiums. Do I ever get a better way of making those?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Mine defense seems really slow. I'm looking at the wiki and it looks like all my next upgrades have costs which are going to take a day or more to get to. I only started today and all of a sudden anything new is miles out of reach. I'm getting about 0.65 mana per second and 200b gold per second and all the rest of my upgrades are costing tens of thousands of mana and quadrillions of gold, and that's excluding all the gold I'd be spending on people to unlock a lot of it in the first place.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

How do you go about getting ten thousand baggers or whatever it is? There's no way you can buy that many with gold, and it's an absurb amount of gems with alchemy. Is there a massive boost to gem production I'm missing? I've looked through the upgrades on the wiki and I'm just not seeing what the way forward is.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

In mine defence news, the new update apparently introduces military stuff. Problem is, my steel appears to have stalled production and I can't work out why. It's not being consumed to produce anything as far as I can tell, and the smelter is definitely on. Refresh isn't fixing it. Ideas?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

RabbitWizard posted:

Did you use up all your goblins?

Well I sure feel dumb.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Ascensions have disappeared from my list of things to do in coin collector? It's probably another dumb thing I'm missing, but any help?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I don't have that upgrade yet though, which is the problem.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

They're just to make sure you don't accidentally spend all your larva with the buy max button. Injects are by far the best way to get larva, but they rely on having a good bank built up. They're entirely free so I usually just stick 90% of my larva in there so I don't have to worry about it.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Kyrosiris posted:

Would this work for Coin Collector as well, or would it need tweaking?

It needs tweaking, but it's not massive tweaking. Mostly just renaming hitwall to hityoshi and that.

I did it for you if you're feeling lazy: http://pastebin.com/b6gU4SNc

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 17, 2014

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Beasteh posted:

Just got into clicker heroes and I've ascended three times, 6 souls banked and a level 4 Libertas + Siyalatas. Mimzee offered in the summon screen, do I focus on banking souls for now? Looks like that will be my biggest source of damage + speedier runs, no?

Definitely bank some souls. I found this tool for working out when to level siyalatas and it looks like you're actively tanking dps by upgrading ancients right now. I think the general consensus I've seen is to get up to at least 50-100 souls before you really start getting into ancients.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Playing clicker heroes, am I right in reading that I should dump all my souls I don't want to spend on anything else on morgulis?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Today I was showing this guy around my room in case he wants to rent it next year, and he asked me what the thing on my computer was. Turns out its really difficult to tell someone what clicker heroes is without sounding both incredibly boring and incredibly stupid.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

In Amaranthine as moooo566 if we're handing out invites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Someone make a goddamn RG thread so we can sort through this poo poo and find other games to play again.

• Locked thread