Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Maybe update the OP with the new version of Adventure Capitalist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

magicalblender posted:

So I was playing Wall Destroyer and I got tired of manually clicking on buildings a zillion times apiece after resetting. So I wrote a script that continuously buys the cheapest building. I thought you guys might find it useful too.

When I want to run it, I just paste it into the Firebug console window and press "Run". Not sure how you'd use it if you're using a different browser.

I have a AC save with lots of angels and the first 15 minutes of every reset is always buying ~2000 of everything. Would it be possible to write a script like that for Adventure Capitalist, or won't that work because it's written in Unity?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Slickdrac posted:

I got bored and made a calc for the 2.0 version of AdCap.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KoPd9Jhj21Gh6pEea-xwcvEMcbkvlOE5689mOlzMgLs

Completely functional for everything except upgrades requiring Angels, and the 99.999% discount for the moment.

I put in my current amounts but I'm at a loss what else to do. What is 'upgrade #'? Do I fill in 'Angels' and how the gently caress do I know how many zeroes are in a tredecillion?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

There's several points where it slows down. I'm at 1900 newspapers and after a day a reset will only earn me 20% of my current angel investors.

When I ran into lulls earlier, I just reset when I felt like it, angels be damned. Eventually you'll get the next impossibly-expensive-upgrade (that's like 3 orders of magnitude the cost of the previous one) and it speeds up again.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

:toot:

Now to get all the Phase 2 achievements (3000 of everything oh god)

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Sage Grimm posted:

Oh man. Cheerful does not begin to describe it.

So uh, your cat who faithfully goes out to find more money for you? He and Madame cross paths. And then you're thinking "He hasn't come back for a long time." Well the cat came back the very next day, you thought he was a goner...

I just finished playing it. poo poo, this is the darkest clicker ever. :stare:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Carados posted:

Idle Incremental Clickers: The only winning move is not to play

While true, you win faster if you do play. :v:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

DrPlump posted:

2 hours ago

November 4 – Game Broken!

Hey Capitalists! Wanted to drop a quick note that the game is down for reasons we’re not yet sure on. We didn’t push any updates or anything, so the problem isn’t immediately clear.

We’re working on this right now, and we’ll update when we know what’s what. Thanks for your patience!

Another update on Adventure Capitalist. SOmething is massively broken, they're working on it, your progress has not been lost, and the longer it takes them to fix it, the more you will be compensated in-game.

Anyway, back to Clicker Heroes I guess.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

It's fixed again. Posted 40 minutes ago:

quote:

November 5 – Game is fixed!

Hey Capitalists! I’m pleased to announce that the market has recovered, the game is back up, and your regularly scheduled Capitalism can continue.

We’ll be working on a special “I Survived the Crash of Nov 4” compensation package, to help make up for your lost progress. I’ll let you know when that’s up and working for you.

Thanks for your patience everyone. We’re working on some backup measures that will hopefully ensure a crash of this magnitude doesn’t happen again.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Sindai posted:

That's intentional. The early stuff has a slightly higher exponential factor to cost but it's partially offset by all the free ones you get from angel upgrades and the super-expensive managers that decrease their cost. The income generally stays crap but you'll always want to buy them anyway for the achievements that multiply the income of every building type.

Also if you look at the achievements you'll notice that the more expensive stuff has lower final achievements.

In the early game, oil rigs will net you the most money. Mid-game to late-game it'll be lemonade stands, and I'm at the point now where it's actually the movie theaters that get the best cash-per-second. Newspapers are almost always the most expensive one, but they also give the best achievement bonuses.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

So I'm playing Clicker Heroes off-and-on and I'm not sure I understand the ancients. Do I just try to summon and unlock a new one every reset? Do I try to collect them all? I have 2 souls right now with 4 waiting after my next (second) reset.

frankenbeans posted:

Top tip for those of you still sub-500 everyone in Clicker Heroes. The halloween sweeties that drop persist through resets. So when you are ready to ascend, wait for the sweetie, ascend, and then click it.

You can thank me later ;)

I did check the last 10 or so pages, and didn't see this.

Edit: I made an edit.

I've noticed the little candy gives ridiculous amounts of gold. How often does it appear, and does it stay if you go up a level?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Sindai posted:

You should summon a new one when the benefit outweighs losing the extra damage from your unspent souls. If you're thinking "that sounds like a complicated math problem I would need a computer's help to solve" you're right!

http://www.rivsoft.net/clicker/ancients This one optimizes for gold income and is a bit out of date.
http://www.rivsoft.net/clicker/ancientssoul This one optimizes for soul income and is more up-to-date, but assumes you're playing in a ridiculously unfun way since optimal soul income turns out to involve constantly babysitting the game and ascending like every 20 minutes.

How the hell can you reset for more souls in 20 minutes? It takes me several days to get to level 100 :psyduck:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

OK so Adventure Capitalist is constantly crashing for me so I guess I switched to Clicker Heroes now. :(

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Maybe I should dig up my ProgressQuest savegame again and install it on my workstation here. I had a level 64 Robot Panda Bear Wizard or some poo poo. :buddy:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Dang, Ancients in Clicker Heroes are expensive. I figured I'd just collect them all by getting one every reset, but I have 3 now and any of the next ones is 7 souls instead of 1 or 3. :(

I know I'm supposed to bank about 50 souls first but it's just so boring now.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

LAY-ZX posted:

I only have up to the second one, but just looking at his dps, I can't imagine the new heroes are gonna be anything other than pissing in the ocean that is Brittany's DPS. I guess they're for people who don't want to bother min/maxing guilds.

Is Britanny that strong in CH?

edit: vvvvvv ok I don't even have the first hero at 1000 levels yet so :buddy:

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 25, 2014

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Pidmon posted:

In Rebuild the Universe, I've got around 3.15 or 2.54 total APS at the moment from the black hole, and on my current run I've had it idling around 2 days waiting for my next upgrade (which I'm thinking of being 75->100 entire universes), where this morning I had 2.22 Novembdecillion atoms saved up.

My question is, since my current black hole increase is 50%, should I keep working on building up to at least 150 Entire Universes before I next reset, or should I at least wait for a 55% increase?

Dang, Rebuild The Universe is pretty. If it updates regularly I might be tempted to call it the new Cookie Clicker Killer.

Does it run when you close it?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

AdCap is pretty fun right up until you hit ~2300 of everything and you hit a brick wall. After a few weeks of resetting hourly, then daily, then hourly again, it slows down to a crawl where you can't get a decent amount of angels on a reset even if you wait a week.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Aargh, Clicker Heroes wiped my save after Flash crashed last night. :smith:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I'm still playing Rebuild the Universe and I now have 3 of 'the entire universe'. When does this game end? :raise:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Pidmon posted:

Technically once you buy the special associated with entire universes. Tho there's a prestige system in the black hole...

Yeah I found this out literally 5 minutes after posting. I even panicked for a second because I thought the final upgrade 'ended' the game, but it was just that the upgrades window was blank (since I bought them all).

I'm on my 3rd or 4th playthrough and my black hole multiplier is at 3.02, but it's not more fun than the first playthrough. Replay value is pretty low.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

poo poo, some soul calculator told me to invest lots into the Fragsworth ancient, but I later found that it used to be horribly broken and to never invest in it.

Is it still broken? I may have sunk 15 of my 60 souls into it. :(

edit: vvvv cool, thanks.

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 2, 2014

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The Clicker Heroes window needs to be focused I guess?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

How do you unlock the ???? stuff?

Buy the 'Unlock x' perk, every level unlocks a new uh... character? The deer/sec income affects the upvote arrow thingy, and you can buy the upgrades with 1/2/3/etc upvote arrows.

God this sounds stupid.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

delfin posted:

So close... and yet so far.

I'm glad you did it so I don't have to. I'd heard in the chat on Kongregate that the endgame is an enormous grind after you get all the upgrades/achievements.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Uh, so I tried using 'Gary's Autoclicker' (or something? Icon is a big red A) on Clicker Heroes, but when I turned it on all the hits showed things like LOL, NOPE, MISS instead of the damage numbers. Does it somehow detect the autoclicker?

delfin posted:

Well, I'd argue that the endgame _is_ getting all the upgrades/achievements. In about a day, I went from spending a day getting to 5 sexagintillion to getting there with ease thanks to a couple of resets; in about 11 unsexagintillion I finish off the last achievements and I'm not sure what else there is to do until the next set of updates.

Yeah I meant that, my bad. The 'late endgame' is getting the last few upgrades, long after all the achievements are finished and there's still 6 orders of magnitude to bridge.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I'm still on Clicker Heroes, only got about 100 souls so far. Did break level 1000 on 2 or 3 heroes on the last run so things are getting interesting. :)

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Trig Discipline posted:

lol i have wasted my life

"novemquinquagintillion" holy poo poo

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I started out Shark Game with a pretty good overview of what I needed to produce to reach the next goal, but now I have like 6 goals at the same time and I'm just clicking everything on the first tab like an idiot. :downs:

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Dec 18, 2014

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Wheeee Sharkgame update! I just finished the old one yesterday so just in time.

Clicker Heroes: I've noticed light blue coins dropping since a few days. I dismissed the motd when I last refreshed, does anyone know what this is all about?

[edit] I think they're worth 10x normal gold coins.

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Dec 20, 2014

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Sindai posted:

Did you recently buy Fortuna? The 10x value coins it generates are colored silver/platinum.

Ah, that's it.Thanks! I've never bought that ancient before.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Gah, that's the second time Clicker Heroes gilded Dread Knight for me even though he's 3 orders of magnitude beyond of my grasp. :argh:

Even worse was that when I went to random-regild, I shift-clicked him instead of regular-clicking and gilded him AGAIN for 80 souls (I only had 117 to begin with). Thank goodness I had a backup from 20 levels back.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Bhauk posted:

Is there anything better than battle without end

Try Warning Forever. It may not be a idle clicker game (it's a DOS twin stick shooter) but it's incredibly good.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

Faster ascensions less souls. Once you bank about 10-15 go ahead and ascend.

I've been playing for a few weeks now (highest level 200) and indeed this game is very slow. Satisfying to punch through the first 100 levels in 5 minutes though.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I'm still playing Clicker Heroes.

What's the link to **NEW** Shark Game again?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Pidmon posted:

No see first you get a polearm and enchant that with +9 levels worth of poo poo (mostly chaotic powers), get a ranged weapon and enchant that with +10 (same again); then you fuse them together to get one extra power. Don't forget to use the Unobtanium you've earned through constantly feeding your pet over the Literally A Year you've been playing the game to make them into an unobtanium +5 weapon, then give it to your robot to use (don't forget to constantly funnel bacon/broccoli into them!) while you mine crystals until your laptop overheats.

Speaking of which I should get back into it soon I guess.

If this is a serious post then holy poo poo this game :psyboom:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Stil playing Clicker Heroes, using MouseKeys to fast-click when needed. Starting to get cramps in my wrist. :(

Does anyone have a AutoHotkey script that clicks the mouse every 10ms, for 30 seconds? I can only find scripts that click it x times.

Even better would be a script that clicks every 10ms if e.g. Capslock is turned on.

e: got one:
code:
#SingleInstance force
~capslock::
LOOP
{
	if getkeystate("capslock", "T")
	{
		Click
		Sleep 30
	}
	else
		break
}

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jan 13, 2015

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Christ this is unfun to play. I don't understand any of it.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

senae posted:

I also like that it makes no effort to define the gates you should be making.

"Make a XOR gate. What do you mean you don't know what that is, it's a XOR gate, dummy!"

I don't even know what a NAND gate is and it's the first element in the game. The first tutorial is 'click these things, now go on to the next tutorial' and then the second one goes 'what do you mean you don't understand that code block? you completed the first tutorial didn't you?'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

senae posted:

Well you're in luck! works slow so that tutorial I said I'd write (including literally any description of what a NAND gate is) is right here: http://pastebin.com/D1XrXYzB

It's not a very good game, as it is, but the actual puzzle of "build some logic circuits" is pretty ok if you're not already an electrical engineer.

The right way to do something like this is to take out the cookie clicker nonsense entirely, add leaderboards for each puzzle, and just let users play with those. The Spacechem approach.

Thanks, the tutorial is pretty clear but it's just not stuff I'm prepared to invest time in.

Having it just as a puzzle element is interesting though. I've run across Regex Crossword and absolutely loved it. Devoured every puzzle.

• Locked thread