Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

The client just crashed, and even the bug reporter crashed afterward so you know that was an awesome crash.

I've had one crash since starting like a week ago and the bug reporter thing was in chinese so i dont know what that was about. Chinagame is pretty cool and if anyone is on the fence about it- its got a built in bot! Wish they had that in EQ back in '99 I wouldnt have been lvl 45 for 2 years :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheVillain
Apr 25, 2009

The perfect counter argument, coming right up.

Flesh Forge posted:

Help me understand why my Infinity feels really dinky at 42 whereas my 5 Venoms felt awesome and strong all the way up to that point and beyond. What are the good skills, maybe I'm just using crappy ones?

Assuming you're talking about PvE, 5V is an aoe mob grinding powerhouse so it's tough to beat at that. Infinity isn't a slouch either though, especially at botting.

Here's my PvE skill setup:
1- Blizzard
2- Rainbow Arc
3- Fate Lightning
4- Death Spin
5- Orbit Roulette
6- Tsunami
7- Mercy
8- Petal Tempest

For normal attack I mostly use Sound Wave because range, and then Flower Flurry for botting.

Requires a bit of positioning for maximum effect unlike 5V. PM ChillBro in game if you have any other Infinity questions.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Yeah I realize my 5V has some exceptional 40 gear (+4 to Wormstorm e.g.) that makes it not a very fair comparison, I just expected Infinity to do a lot of DPS. I guess it's more about status effects though, and the large number of fairly strong cylinder attacks are growing on me as well. Thanks for the info.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I've always felt infinity could be more aggressive if you played that way but at a certain point the high dps comes from gear regalress of how you're setup. A level 40 set will trump just standard and hero order 50-60 gear with stat boosts.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

After tinkering with my power setup I feel much better about my Infinity in PVE, thanks for the advice.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
So what abominations have people managed to make in character creation?

The lovely lady TONGSTRONG is looking mighty fine imo.

I had a whole bunch of the jaw invisible before but I thought that might be pushing it a bit, I have no regrets about making a head big enough that it clips though a pretty significant portion of the hair though.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I forgot about those surveys you can do in a few minutes and give you like 98 zen. Now I can buy 16 hours of botting a day and no longer have to actually play the game.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

You know what, a lot of those surveys actually make you fill out 95% of them in 30-45 minute blocks of time (unless you're just clicking randomly) and then they disqualify you. I don't bother with them any more.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Apparently I have joined this game/guild at the right time :suspense:

Holepunchio
May 31, 2011
I came to this game from Wushu, and there if people hated/stomped on a guild long enough they'd lose their guild base and force them into homelessness/dongfang-squatting. What happens in Swordsman? You know, hypothetically if we lost all our allies and pissed off virtually every other guild.

Even if it is really terrible, this was still really funny.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

You know what, a lot of those surveys actually make you fill out 95% of them in 30-45 minute blocks of time (unless you're just clicking randomly) and then they disqualify you. I don't bother with them any more.

Yeah I decided to give the surveys a shot, all but one has taken me to the end and then told me that it doesn't count, presumably there are a lot of companies gaming the system, disqualifying people after they've filled out the surveys so they don't have to pay out while of course still getting the data.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If those surveys actually worked my Star Trek Online characters would all be flying Cardassian ships by now.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Dearest Guild,

As your new leader I have taken it upon myself to make some sweeping unilateral changes.

1. From now on all guild events will occur 8pm British Summer Time.
2. Misspelling the words colour, armour etc.. by omiting the sacred U will result in instant demotion.
3. 3pm server time is Tiffin. All Guild members must take a 5 minute break and RP a traditional English Tiffin by talking about the weather (ingame server weather located above minimap) while eating and drinking their highest quality food items.

Fondest Regards,

whoopy
Dei Gratia Magnae Britanniae, Hiberniae et terrarum transmarinarum quae in ditione sunt Britannica Regina, Fidei Defensor.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Under these new edicts, I await your name change to whoupey.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Sadly before the edicts could come into effect a barely sober, disgruntled, irate militia invaded the guild base and ousted me from my position.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I feel we should also consider stockpiling as much tea as we can get from npc drops to ensure we have enough to last us into next week.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

well that lasted longer than I thought it would :shobon:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I will protest tea and the letter u. Yo will not get away with this.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

So help me Grithok if you throw one more bundle of tea into salt harbour :bahgawd:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Anal Papist posted:

So help me Grithok if you throw one more bundle of tea into salt harbour :bahgawd:

I'd just like to point out that your brief but bloody reign appears to have seen the dissolution of the BloodOfEvil alliance. :confuoot:

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

I don't really do those, I do the ones that just require you to fill in a "valid address" which means I google nearby apartments and don't put an apt #, then just put in bogus info and a temp email. Takes like 3 minutes usually.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I have officially beaten this game.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Applied with ImGei, preparing for failure!

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom

Drinkfist posted:

I have officially beaten this game.

Its all downhill from here folks. Pack it up games over.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
BloodOfEvil joined Deity. :toughguy:

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Just when I was getting bored of this game something happens to shake it up.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also this might not sound appealing, cause it's not, but I need to slough through some 60 instances if anyone else needs too. I know someone said the 65+ isn't back but I probably won't be there for a couple of days. Unless I bot or something.

BobTheVillain
Apr 25, 2009

The perfect counter argument, coming right up.
The level disparity in regards to pvp is no joke. Some level 60 Emei decided to be a gallant white-knight and rid the Jianghu of my evil murdering soul. Dodging and blocking, landing multiple lock down combos, totally outplaying her. She finally gets in a purple grabby claw and one nuke later your boy is taking a dirt snooze. I was level 50. There was zero chance that fight was going to go my way no matter how I played it. Being an outlaw even 10 levels below the pack is a rough life.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

So I started my bot with 19 infamy and I woke up with 84 infamy. No idea what happened because my chat log never saves and is always empty. It will always remain a mystery.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

The Quake posted:

So I started my bot with 19 infamy and I woke up with 84 infamy. No idea what happened because my chat log never saves and is always empty. It will always remain a mystery.

turn off alliance war. You end up killing shits who try to roll you and your bot kills them because they are really bad. Like I don't know where I got 30 infamy from but I guess I killed some dude with an AOE when we were doing something.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

This game really fucks you with the gaps that can be caused by not only level but gear and gems as well. We have seen a level 55 guy eat entire skill rotations from five level 60+ goons and he just shrugged most of it off. Get your set items and gem them really is the determining factor to open world pvp. The arena scaling throws everything out of whack with its messed up scaling that dumps player stats depending on school where a tong can hit a Shaolin with tons of attacks at minimal damage but if the Shaolin hits him he breaks like glass.

So yeah if you want to stay on top and survive your best bet is to hunt for set items in the market stalls while running mirage cave constantly for unbound money and the chance for a good gem.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

an animated gif showing gemmed out gear.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The Quake posted:

How do you get your infamy down? I saw a pile of bots all clumped up and bugging out and couldnt resist so I wasted them all :unsmith:

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

No More Heroes posted:

How do you get your infamy down? I saw a pile of bots all clumped up and bugging out and couldnt resist so I wasted them all :unsmith:

Time. In a hostile zone where you can get attacked it goes a little bit faster.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

No More Heroes posted:

I killed so many bots when running Mirage Cave that my infamy hit the cap of 999 and I got the cheevo for it. The downside is that I did that about 3-4 days ago and my infamy is currently at around 350. You slowly lose infamy while logged into the game so you have to idle somewhere. I have also heard that it ticks down faster when in a non city/school zone as well as if you are killed by an avenger player. I have yet to test or track this theory.

Do not go on a bot killing spree else you will be red for nearly a whole week and if you log out then it will never go away. Game is 100% gently caress you don't mass kill bots or people in the open world.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

If you were a good tutor you could chug those karma pills.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

I killed so many bots when running Mirage Cave that my infamy hit the cap of 999 and I got the cheevo for it. The downside is that I did that about 3-4 days ago and my infamy is currently at around 350. You slowly lose infamy while logged into the game so you have to idle somewhere. I have also heard that it ticks down faster when in a non city/school zone as well as if you are killed by an avenger player. I have yet to test or track this theory.

Do not go on a bot killing spree else you will be red for nearly a whole week and if you log out then it will never go away. Game is 100% gently caress you don't mass kill bots or people in the open world.

Well I estimate I killed about 40 bots. I've been killed a few times by white knights and am currently idling on a mountain in an open pvp zone so we'll see. I looked through all the menus and cant find my infamy ingame?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

This game really fucks you with the gaps that can be caused by not only level but gear and gems as well.

Just about every single RPG that has PVP is like this and it's always indefensible rubbish, I don't understand why anyone is ever surprised by this syndrome or tries to say it is a good paradigm for pvp.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Hy_C posted:

If you were a good tutor you could chug those karma pills.

He took four of them. We held hands on the secret spot in fu gui waiting for the timer to tick down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

And I thought the 300+ infamy I got from bot squad ganking was bad.

• Locked thread