Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Only if I join the star fleet chat in game, get called a spy, then told I can stay in it, and then have the spy master ban me from the chat again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I think we've only kicked one shitlord out of the new STO goon channel in recent times so you'll probably be tolerated, alas.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Oh wow, I think the burnout bug has bitten me too. I have no urge to play this game at all. I think my big problem is how rigidly stratified the content is, so you have people teamed in brackets and not very willing to step out of them. It's not even so much that the pace is too slow at higher levels (although it is) or that the hordes of gold farmer bots cut you out of many activities (although they do), it's mainly that so few people are willing to team with people who aren't almost exactly their level. Sorry Misbiopy!

RIP Rawdog, Kaballah and ImGei :smith:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

Oh wow, I think the burnout bug has bitten me too. I have no urge to play this game at all. I think my big problem is how rigidly stratified the content is, so you have people teamed in brackets and not very willing to step out of them. It's not even so much that the pace is too slow at higher levels (although it is) or that the hordes of gold farmer bots cut you out of many activities (although they do), it's mainly that so few people are willing to team with people who aren't almost exactly their level. Sorry Misbiopy!

RIP Rawdog, Kaballah and ImGei :smith:

Don't worry. The Grithok fan club will meet in another doomed MMO again for sure. There is plenty of poo poo games out there for him to go on a rant explaining how they work and make them sound so much better than they actually are.

In the meantime while I am waiting for the inevitable steam message from fuckface I will be playing Path of Exile on the Hardcore league and Xcom Ironman Classic runs.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

In curiosity I checked the forums and I guess they finally fixed that 60 lost art quest, but the requirements were hilariously overkill like 2000 hero order IVs and what not. What a piece of poo poo game.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

90% of goons that say they want to play a permadeath MMO in fact do not. Get the gently caress off my grill if you can't handle the rollercoaster ride. I am trying to eat the bugs as they hit me in the face.

If you want to know how to handle this poo poo then do the following daily:

Put a single white rock in your Wheaties every morning and eat most of that poo poo.
Break your Car's gas gauge.
Write out a letter about how much you hate someone close to you and keep it in your pants pocket. Bonus points if you cut a hole in that pocket intentionally.
Dangle knives above your bed using duct tape on the ceiling and fishing line. Write "gently caress God" on your windows and keep them fully open. Let him prove himself with a gust.

That is how you can get as hardcore as I am.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Go home grandpa, your are drunk and your med may have gone bad. And stop using the nword.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So is the next train wreck going to be Archeage :allears:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

It's terrible if you actually try to play it as an RPG instead of loving around with harpoon boats.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Unguided posted:

It's terrible if you actually try to play it as an RPG instead of loving around with harpoon boats.

I'm going to make a giant weed plantation.

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

Always be yourself, unless you can be Batman.
Does anyone play grindsman online still?

Misbiopy
Jun 13, 2010
Goon presence is pretty much just me at this point, but if anyone at all is interested in the game now would be a pretty decent time, because the Labor Day Weekend promotion they just put up is basically upending the entire gem market.

The camel is slightly faster than the standard horse, not as fast as the Hero Pack horse. The supreme tiger crates are like the tiger crates except not garbage, because they actually have tigers in them, and when they don't have tigers they have good stuff like level 3 kung fu pills.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Misbiopy posted:

Goon presence is pretty much just me at this point, but if anyone at all is interested in the game now would be a pretty decent time, because the Labor Day Weekend promotion they just put up is basically upending the entire gem market.

The camel is slightly faster than the standard horse, not as fast as the Hero Pack horse. The supreme tiger crates are like the tiger crates except not garbage, because they actually have tigers in them, and when they don't have tigers they have good stuff like level 3 kung fu pills.

So the camel which is (in china) and was (In NA beta) in the curiosity merchant for unbound currency is now packed away into a the cash shop. Get in now boys this looks like it can only get better.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Ahahah, wait so unlimited of the first two, are the gem Vs unbound? Wallet Warriors assemble.

Misbiopy
Jun 13, 2010
Gem Vs are definitely unbound, since they are all over the place now. Most of the stuff that comes out of the crate likewise. Plenty of tigers!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Stanley Pain posted:

It's a Korean theme park grinder with a little tacked on sandbox. So, don't play. It will be popular for a little longer than your standard trainwreck though.

Also I'm glad I quit this MMO at level 30 or so.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Xom is delighted at your misfortune.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Alienware is giving away a companion for this right now, if anyone still plays it.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

-Troika- posted:

Alienware is giving away a companion for this right now, if anyone still plays it.

It doesn't even show what the loving companion is in the Alienware page. I put money its a small child called small child.

Swordsman Online posted:

The first expansion coming to Swordsman this fall will be one to sharpen and hone your blade for! In it, warriors of the cut-throat martial arts world will experience a new zone, increased level cap, story continuation, and more, shaping it to be an exciting update to the Jianghu world.

Good loving lord they are doing an expansion that raises that level cap. If they had any players left then they just beat them to death with hammers.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/swordsman/news/detail/7004513

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Given that most people struggled to get to 50 that's nuts.

• Locked thread