Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Swordsman online is a free to play, open pvp game from Perfect World Beijing. It is set in a fantastical chinese setting based on The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber wuxia setting. Some regard it as a polished, far more enjoyable version of the similar game Age of Wushu.

It launched yesterday.

Here are some samples of the gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2kXkygBztM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLQ22aF_SS4

How to play with goons

Download Arc here
http://games.arcgames.com/en/

Download the game via arc.

First you have to be on the server US East Claymore. You can not be on the other US east server or any other server.

You will need to be level 20 then you can apply to the guild “GoonTangClan”. You just open up the guild list, find us, and apply.

Since we don't know if you are a goon or not let us know your name in this thread. Otherwise you might be niggerstomper59 who just applied.

Game wiki
http://swordsman.gamepedia.com/Swordsman_Wiki

Features:

Intriguing class system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbzC99q-hFM

Sheep based PvP

Respectfully draws on the Deep well of Chinese culture and heritage for inspiration

Flying Mounts

Glorious Character creator

Deep and Rich Cash Shop

Graffiti system foe painting the town red (red colour not included)

Goon Testimonials:

"School costumes (Girls) :

Most sensible - Splendor
Most sexy - S&M
Most knickers showing - Zephyr
Best hats - 5Venoms"
- Aleksander noted upskirt expert

"The grind is more heinous than I thought, and after the event last night and seeing how gems are blowing up on Lash, I can see the p2w at the end of the tunnel. I find the arenas very fun, and like the idea of being in a tournament, but that can only carry things so far, Add to that my fiance bitching me out last night about gaming too much."
- Haroshia Goon Tang Clan head diplomat

New Goons:

You must reach lvl 20 before applying to the guild, also it is best to stay online and pm a goon to accept you, after posting your in game name in this thread. The quickest way to level is to quest until lvl 15 then solo the first dungeon after turning on your double xp buff (top of screen beige EXP button next to LV number).

You should also enter a tutor number. Hit escape key, and choose tutor button far left, and paste a code into the box for tutor. This gives you a box of goodies every 10 levels.

Tutor codes
HyC's: 23070000000131088460
whoopy: 23070000000212000844

At level 50 players can pick up students and provide them with daily experience and a 15% experience buff for 30 minutes. The buff can be applied by the master all day long, and if the master is not doing it the student can ask for it a limited number of times. So when you join the guild ask for mentors and start using that bonus xp.

Diplomacy:

"In 2 days Zhou will discuss getting us into their alliance. Hopefully that stops people from being tards." - Haroshia Goontang CLan diplomat.

http://crawl.s-z.org/#lobby

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Saving second post for useful stuff.

thehacker0 on archage posted:

Exactly

Some random ideas for focused groups: Navy, Economic warfare, Bureau of land Management (or something like that), farmers/crafters/builders, Siege warfare.

Some are more specialized than others obviously. Given the different types of PvP, we could consider having groups (really just a subforum and maybe an IRC/mumble channel) for guys who want to do lots of naval pirating, siege lots of keeps, roam around ganking, or whatever.

These 'groups' really help break down a large guild and make it easier to hang out on mumble and make friends when you don't have 300 people in a mumble channel.

Leadership for the core areas of the game is also important. Eve online goons have a 'sky marshal' (aka a field commander as you mentioned) who coordinates operations, guys in charge of recon, logistics, industry/markets, a spymaster, etc etc. The benefit being that guys develop specific skills/experience and get really really good at what they do.

thehacker0 from archage posted:

I'd like to present a few things I've learned from playing another sandbox mmo with goons - eve online. I'm sure I'm not the only guy who has played that game, and I will try not to go on about it, however I feel that the lessons could be valuable to us.

1. Goons together are vastly more powerful than when fragmented. In the first few years of Eve Online, there were many goon corps (guilds) and there was no one place to call home. All of these guilds eventually failed, some due to pubbie influence, drama, and elitism and other things. Eventually, one guild was founded that was open to all goons. Since then, it has prospered and has been the most powerful in the game.

2. Special interest groups can be extremely helpful to the guild as a whole. Someone above mentioned commerce goons - that could potentially be extended to a commerce 'group,' perhaps with a mumble channel and subforum. Any goons who are interested in commerce and join those channels and benefit from and contribute to the body of knowledge. This can be applied to housing, crafting, naval combat and other interests.

3. jabber/irc or other out of game channels of real time communication can be great for coordination, community and fun.

I'm new to archeage, but just thought these ideas might be helpful to think about as release approaches. See you all in beta

Make sure you sign up for our off site forums stolen from the archeage thread

https://www.okcupid.com/

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 31, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Make sure you sign up for our off site forums stolen from the archeage thread

https://www.okcupid.com/

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This is for rawdog who couldn't figure this out.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

Yeah see, I don't get that number on the bottom left of the icon. I have no idea why not.

Your video game has aids.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So everyone knows, late at night, like 2230 server time, we tend to do king of fighters 3v3 in the arena.

It is the same group of regulars but if you want to learn to pvp, come there. We can take you to a side room if needed to explain.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Master finally recorded our guild battle feasts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6jNOkxkr1I

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Leaders can kick 5 people per day, so we are slowly making room.

HEY LEADERS KICK MORE PEOPLE OUT.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Unless I hear back from more people, it has been pretty much decided what we are going to do with him.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

One of the 4chan guys we picked up used ironic racism to drown out ice cream eating roleplaying going on in alliance chat then after trying to smooth that over with our mostly black allied guild went into 1950s women shouldn't hold office or argue with men talk.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I will protest tea and the letter u. Yo will not get away with this.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I asked your girlfriend if you could come play again and she said ok.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Haroshia posted:

You sit on a throne of lies.

So does your girlfriend. This may or may not be a dick joke.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We pretty much gave up on this game when we made the new op.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Only if I join the star fleet chat in game, get called a spy, then told I can stay in it, and then have the spy master ban me from the chat again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Go home grandpa, your are drunk and your med may have gone bad. And stop using the nword.

• Locked thread