Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I think I would like to try this game and be terrible in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

My ISP is being super cordial today at ~1.9MB/s so I'll be looking forward to playing this in a little while!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Of course I have gone with the "gently caress Yourself" option for my first character Rawdog.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

FEI BIN NOOOOO Y U STAB ANNOYING GIRL :suspense:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The early game is super loving dull and the first style tier of moves of the two schools I've tried so far (Infinity and 5 Venoms) are really meh but wow it picks up at 20 when you unlock the second style. Which school is being shown in this vid from the OP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLQ22aF_SS4

e: oh hahaha. What's funny is this thing Moonlight Blade is what I'd actually want to play.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 1, 2014

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Applied with Rawdog

im gay

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Applied with Kaballah also gay

e: I tentatively conclude this is a pretty fun game if you can get past the horrible chat, the painfully cryptic delivery of all forms of information, and the largely super-low-effort quest content. Also the terrible sound FX. There's some great beatemup going on though.

How is it that gold spammers have a much longer chat input line buffer than normal people do?

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 2, 2014

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

This is for rawdog who couldn't figure this out.

Yeah see, I don't get that number on the bottom left of the icon. I have no idea why not.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That Jerk Steve posted:

Regardless if you like alts this is the game for you, it is hilariously easy to make alts and try out different schools. And don't forget you have 3 character slots.

What? You have 3 slots and it takes a week to delete a character. And you can't get more slots.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

Stop rolling alts. No normal goon has the mental fortitude to get one character to 89 let alone two. You are setting yourself up for failure.

But I like failure though. :smith:

Anyway yeah for my 3rd slot I had been thinking about a proper tank but I don't think this game actually does that kind of thing with taunting and aggro management and poo poo so I guess I'll do the machine gun monk thing. You didn't mention Sun/Moon, is that any good?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

you ought to get along with AnimeisReal

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

There are elements of that for 5 Venoms as well but on the other hand you have all these bad rear end whip moves and awesome hats.

e: Lutha be aware your gameplay is super throttled until 20+, when your second style opens up (and it opens up a lot more again at 40).

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 5, 2014

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The client just crashed, and even the bug reporter crashed afterward so you know that was an awesome crash.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Help me understand why my Infinity feels really dinky at 42 whereas my 5 Venoms felt awesome and strong all the way up to that point and beyond. What are the good skills, maybe I'm just using crappy ones?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah I realize my 5V has some exceptional 40 gear (+4 to Wormstorm e.g.) that makes it not a very fair comparison, I just expected Infinity to do a lot of DPS. I guess it's more about status effects though, and the large number of fairly strong cylinder attacks are growing on me as well. Thanks for the info.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

After tinkering with my power setup I feel much better about my Infinity in PVE, thanks for the advice.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

You know what, a lot of those surveys actually make you fill out 95% of them in 30-45 minute blocks of time (unless you're just clicking randomly) and then they disqualify you. I don't bother with them any more.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Apparently I have joined this game/guild at the right time :suspense:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

well that lasted longer than I thought it would :shobon:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Applied with ImGei, preparing for failure!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

This game really fucks you with the gaps that can be caused by not only level but gear and gems as well.

Just about every single RPG that has PVP is like this and it's always indefensible rubbish, I don't understand why anyone is ever surprised by this syndrome or tries to say it is a good paradigm for pvp.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

For people on the fence about this game, play 5 Venoms or Sun and Moon, they are both super loving satisfying.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Ratoslov posted:

Personally, I got up to level 30 or so before quitting because there's no real way for me to participate in guild shenanigans until I reach high level. :(

Oh naw, there's guild activities for everyone pretty much every day. Plus it takes a couple of days to get to level 40, at which point you have your 3rd skill set and generally you should be feeling pretty awesome about how much whoopass you can dish out.

lohli posted:

Generally people seemed pretty frustrated with the whole thing, with a few people saying they straight up weren't willing to drop money on the game like that.

I don't know why anyone would be surprised at this, it's a gear farming game. These always, without exception, have rubbish pvp when gear is allowed to impact pvp. At least Swordsman has a "fair fight" option in Arena mode that baseline's everyone's numbers and ignores gear.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Aug 12, 2014

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah our alliance is awesome, people use alliance chat for trade! WTB (valuable thing) for (trivial amount of money) every 2 minutes!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Isn't it awesome, the game's been open like 4 weeks and already there's bittervets!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Are dungeons always super laggy, because I did the one in Mt. Majesty and holy crap it was unpleasant. I spent the whole time rubber banding around, running in place, and often waiting 5+ seconds for commands to process.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Surprise downtime RIGHT NOW

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I'll be playing, I'm one of the two other people who was trying to run hijacks last night and failing because we couldn't get 3 people.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

MisBiopy is currently second in command and can handle privileged stuff, it'll get done. Alcoholic is nominally in charge but iunno where he is the past couple of days (probably Archeage with a lot of other goons).

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Why don't you bot outdoors? Less xp than dungeons but more than zero?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

No I got that, but if it's zero because you got PK'd then it's not very decent.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Can you not make another character if you still actually want to play, I mean it takes about a week to get to 50.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

There's still a few people playing, the guild will keep going. For my own infinity I upgraded the buff, the heal and the nuke (Solar Chant, Mercy and Tsunami). Post your character name and apply to the guild once you reach 20 (literally like in a few minutes probably) and I'll get you in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Oh wow, I think the burnout bug has bitten me too. I have no urge to play this game at all. I think my big problem is how rigidly stratified the content is, so you have people teamed in brackets and not very willing to step out of them. It's not even so much that the pace is too slow at higher levels (although it is) or that the hordes of gold farmer bots cut you out of many activities (although they do), it's mainly that so few people are willing to team with people who aren't almost exactly their level. Sorry Misbiopy!

RIP Rawdog, Kaballah and ImGei :smith:

• Locked thread