Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
gently caress the troops

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
I wish the jury would have read the verdict and Venture starts high fiving his lawyer when suddenly smoke fills the court room and "I am a real American" starts playing.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
basically jesse could have layed a backhanded diss and no one would care and now everyone hates him lol

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
That guy's dumb book went from his mom pity-buying some copies to a NYT bestseller immediately after he started telling everyone how he totally knocked out Jesse Ventura so no I think a lot of people cared but they're also furiously mad that a Troop didn't get away with crimes

quote:

Sharyn Rosenblum testified that Kyle was an “unknown author” at the time
American Sniper was released, and that only 3,400 copies of the book had been ordered
as of January 3, 2012—the day before Kyle went on Opie and Anthony and repeated his
defamatory story about Ventura. The day after Kyle announced on Opie and Anthony
that the Scruff Face sub-chapter was about an encounter with Ventura, Rosenblum,
according to her testimony, was able to book Kyle on The O’Reilly Factor, the number
one rated evening news program on television. The jury was able to watch Kyle’s
January 5, 2012, interview with Bill O’Reilly, where the very first question O’Reilly
asked was about the alleged Ventura incident.
Rosenblum and Peter Hubbard testified that book sales skyrocketed the day after
the O’Reilly interview, causing the publisher to print an additional 100,000 copies.
Testimony from Rosenblum and Hubbard showed that the publicity Kyle received from
his interviews about the alleged incident with Ventura caused book sales to “go crazy”
and exceed all expectations, with the book’s publisher organizing a marketing campaign
around the Ventura story to increase sales. According to the evidence, by January 22,
2012, American Sniper was No. 2 on the New York Times Bestseller list, and it went to
No. 1 by January 29, 2012. The book has since been on a number of “best-seller” lists,
and Hubbard testified that the book has now sold more than 1.5 million copies. In
addition to testimony regarding book sales and the revenue generated thereby, Ventura
also submitted checks and royalty statements showing the number of books sold, the
percentage of each sale that went to Kyle and the Estate, and the total profit made by the
Estate to date.
Further, Taya Kyle testified that the movie rights were optioned to Warner Bros.
Entertainment, Inc., which is producing a film version of the book with Clint Eastwood
as director and Hollywood stars Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller playing the lead roles.
This Court has already held that Ventura need not produce “any specific evidence linking
Warner Brothers’ interest in a film adaptation to the Ventura story,” because “[i]f the
Ventura story garnered publicity and dramatically increased book sales, it does not
stretch logic to believe it could have generated Kyle’s Warner Brothers contract also.”

Also repostin this for anyone who didn't read it because holy lol

Tubgirl Cosplay fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 1, 2014

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

I thought ace ventura was fictional

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Kaytwo posted:

I don't have access to fox news right now are they completely loosing their poo poo over this?
Basically it's complete shocked indignation with every sentence ending with "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO AN AMERICAN HERO."

"AN AMERICAN HERO DIED, HOW COULD YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO THE WIDOW OF AN AMERICAN HERO....AMERICAN HERO!!" :siren:

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

i think that Jesse ventura is pretty punchable so i can see someone knocking him out

i don't think the sniper dude was a huge hero he was prolly an ok dude tho

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Copley Depot posted:

i don't think the sniper dude was a huge hero he was prolly an ok dude tho

did I ever tell you about the time I shot 30 nigLOOTers at the Superdome

Nobody saw it and the bodys were never found because they uuuuh washed away or something but it was pretty cool, guess you could say I'm kinda badass

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Libel is the greatest war crime

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
So according to that no one gave a gently caress about his murder fiction until he lied on a popular national radio show and the most popular news show in the country. Basically Ventura should get the entire rights to that book like Ron Goldmans dad did with that OJ confession book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The movie is legit terrible and Eastwood should be ashamed of glorifying this guy. I don't give a gently caress about spoiling this poo poo, there's a scene where he shoots a rival sniper through his scope like some Saving Private Ryan poo poo, every single shot he takes is utterly unquestionably righteous and the only torment he seems to carry is that his victims made him shoot them.

Starship Troopers was less jingoistic than this wet turd.

• Locked thread