Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to drop from the league first?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 0 0%
JB 0 0%
Sly 2 33.33%
Dio 0 0%
Piper 1 16.67%
AF 1 16.67%
Wreckus 2 33.33%
Cletus 0 0%
Total: 6 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

With the sound of a beating drum, the Trojans rode in on their mounts and trampled nearly every foe in their path. Led by a mere demi-god at WR, USC has staked its claim as the cream of the crop of college football. The retention of a QB-guru at HC indicates there is no doubt that the coliseum of Southern California will be sunny as ever. But as well all know, with great power comes great responsibility, and their are many a gladiators who dare march upon the gates of the Empire. Who will rise and defeat Marquis Lee, the greatest son of Troy yet?

B1G Season 3 "The Sack of Troy"

B1G East Division Preview

USC - Champions of the PAC 12 and the Rose Bowl; the USC Trojans have ventured into uncharted grounds of any California team, and entered the B1G seeking to expand the reach of their kingdom. Riding high off of insane recruiting that once again has them under investigation by the NCAA, USC will ensure that its legacy endures the sands of time. Many would argue they are the team to beat (both on and off the field) for the next season.

Ohio State - THE Ohio State Buckeyes have officially returned to form since the dismissal of Jim Tressel. With the Nick Saban of the B1G at HC, and one of the most desirable destinations in college football, expect OSU to be perennial contenders not just for the B1G, but for the BCSNC as well.

Penn State - A lack of strong recruiting and loses to key contenders have led to the Nittany Lions to an unranked season. Although the dark cloud of sexual assaults and straight up creepiness no longer lingers of the organizations, the one of mediocrity has been full season. Look for Penn St. to emerge as one of the bright spots of the B1G West.

UCLA - Following the steps of Big Brother, the Bruins also packed their bags (hypothetically) and headed on over to the B1G. Looking for better competition, and football royalty of CA, UCLA and HC Paul Wall plan to be sittin' sidewayz on the iron throne of college football at seasons' end.

B1G West Division Preview

Michigan - Much like its counterpart in tOSU, Michigan has garnered some of its past greatness through good recruiting and pulling a few key victories. Big Blue will be in the mix as the B1G champion, but they'll need to make sure to put lil bro (Michigan St.) in their place during their next matchup.

Michigan State - Talk about the underdogs of the NCAA, the Spartans have finally turned things around with unbelievable upsets over Nebraska and tOSU. Although falling short in the Rose Bowl didn't merit a visit from Rich Homie Quan this year, the win over in-state rival Michigan still has Big Blue feelin' some type of way. Expect Michigan St. to stick around until the B1G reaches its inevitable fate of closure.

Nebraska - With what can only be described as the biggest disappointment of last year, Nebraska luckily snuck into the top 10 with a few breezy wins over coach-less squads. However, a deep roster and a great off-season of training has some people(okay one person) believing they could finally live up to expectations this season.

Northwestern - The future is very brim for NU as recruiting has plagued their HC during his entire tenure there. Is time running out for the cats, or can Gary Barnett make one last hoorah for a conference title, and national championship?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now before we get into the particulars regarding conferences, let me lay down some ground rules:

1) I will be the first truly cruel commissioner of this era. There's not an actual timetable that I have in mind, because I am human and realize that every situation isn't always the same. However, if you have a CPU game I expect that poo poo to be played by no longer than 72hrs(excluding extraordinary circumstances of course). I don't care if you sim plays to see that it's done. The rate at which we advance will be very arbitrary and to my preference.

2) Please communicate in the thread on a regular basis. It takes but a minute to post about your schedule or any problems you're having in the dynasty.

3) Don't play like a jerk: nano blitzes, 24/7 no-huddle, putting speed WRs at TE(w/o officially changing his position), or in memory of my dear friend Bio - changing a CB to QB, ya know, poo poo like that. I'm not gonna get more specific then that so use your brain. If you have to think twice about it then you probably shouldn't do it in the first place.

4) You can reset CPU games as much as necessary to get the win. Please, no rage quitting against other users, and let's not destroy a user team that isn't available to play for that week. Just do enough to get the win.

CONFERENCE SETUP
We will be using schools from both the BigTen and Pac12 conferences, but consolidating them all under the B1G due to loss of players. This means that anyone joining after the season has started will have to choose a B1G team this season, but can switch to a PAC team(if desired) during the next off-season. Looks like we're to the Wild West as everyone will be shooting for a spot in the B1G CG, and possibly the Rose Bowl.

BigTen
West
Michigan State - Diodeous, GT: BenedictWong
Iowa
Nebraska - John Brown, GT: True Cryme
Minnesota
Michigan - cletus42o, GT: cletus42o
Northwestern - The Piper, GT: the nasty niss

East
Ohio State - Notorious ZSB, GT: JDMTyte
Wisconsin - Dubious, GT: Dubious28SS
Penn State - Texas A. Wreckus, GT: QuickDrawQuincy
Indiana
UCLA - AfterFather, GT: BJTheRealist
USC - Slywalker13, GT: Slywalker13

SETTINGS
Difficulty - All American; Recruiting is at Varisty
Quarters - 6 minutes
No QB Quiz, Ice the Kicker is On, Home Field Advantage is on.

Dynasty Name: SASBigTenPac12
Password: Goonball4eva

In short, don't be a dick and pay attention to the thread you bastards. So without further ado, let's get to it!

John Brown fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Week 1 has arrived!

CPU Games:
Penn St
Nebraska
USC
UCLA
Northwestern
OSU
Michigan

Byes:
Mich St.

72hrs guys. Let's get to it!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Hopefully my Internet works tomorrow.

Tough division I'm in now with the two California schools with me.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
UCLA over Texas A&M 42-17.

Johnny Football - Sacked 6 times and turned it over Twice... He should have thrown for more picks but I had a few Ball Hawk Fails. Didnt have to do much on offense but run the ball as they could not stop it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
You know what, I'm gonna buy this since the PS3 dynasty is way dead, and be terrible since I'm not used to 360 controls at all.

What team in the big 10 isnt destroyed by poo poo cpu recruiting? Should i bother buying a copy?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
So much potential and now with the thread title and OP, I am destined to implode which will be particularly embarrassing given the state of my team.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

You know what, I'm gonna buy this since the PS3 dynasty is way dead, and be terrible since I'm not used to 360 controls at all.

What team in the big 10 isnt destroyed by poo poo cpu recruiting? Should i bother buying a copy?

Welcome! Wisconsin is going to be your best bet. They got a good roster but you'll need to recruit really good for the next season or two. Had you just so happen to post a couple of days ago I would've moved Stanford over for ya :(

We also have leagues for the ACC and SEC. The ACC is the cornerstone of our leagues and would likely last the longest (let's be honest). Judging from the rosters your best choice would be Pitt, or begging ZSB to release his grasp of Clemson - we've been holding out hope for the return of The Great One (Kancho).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3652637&perpage=40

We just rebooted the SEC league and chose updated rosters to their current state irl. They're a bit a lower than expected but it may actually make the game more interesting. Teams that are open are Auburn, Miss St, Ole Miss, Mizzou.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3652899&perpage=40

Slywalker13 posted:

So much potential and now with the thread title and OP, I am destined to implode which will be particularly embarrassing given the state of my team.

You'll be fine lol. I really didn't know what to write about until I noticed your were #1, and won what is the likely the most relevant game of last season. It also helped that I had just watched a couple of clips of Troy during lunch yesterday.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jul 31, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

Plenty of room in the ACC mang, I will release Clemson when CPU coach is fired, but until then we have at least 1 decent team left to play with (South Carolina I think).

In this league I'd say run with Wisconsin or Iowa.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

USCe in the ACC is taken by AfterFather iirc. That leaves Louisville, Pitt, Wake, and some other scrub.

I'd go with Pitt of all those teams.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
#9 Michigan over #4 Alabama, 43-42.

Played it before work so I ended up going for the 2pt conversion with 10 seconds left so I could make it to work on time. Whew.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
NU beats Arizona by 10. My defense is rated a B-... That's gonna be a problem.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Cletus, did you just get like 4 insta-commits in one week? What the gently caress?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

John Brown posted:

Cletus, did you just get like 4 insta-commits in one week? What the gently caress?
Oh hell yeah I did. Actually it was 5.

The #1 HB, #1 SS, and #2 DE are part of that group.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
All I need is a speedy QB + power HB, and a decent 3-4 LB set and I'll be happy. I'm gonna pick up a copy of the game on the way home tonight.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Got a copy gonna join up tonight and jump in the others possibly

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
:lol: as a lvl 1 coach its a race for the 2 stars recruits without perks :v:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

:lol: as a lvl 1 coach its a race for the 2 stars recruits without perks :v:

I'm currently without points in the ACC. You'll just have to be willing to accept defeat on some recruits much sooner.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Ran for almost 300 vs oregon state. This Wisconsin team is alright.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

My internet works but I'll have to play my game tomorrow.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

^E: You technically have until Saturday night.

cletus42o posted:

Oh hell yeah I did. Actually it was 5.

The #1 HB, #1 SS, and #2 DE are part of that group.

I just saw this...what in the gently caress?

I didn't get a single one.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

I just saw this...what in the gently caress?

I didn't get a single one.

I have only gotten 1 of those from any highly rated guy. 3* dudes towards the end of the season HELL YEAH, but otherwise nope.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
#2 recruiting class hereby come I guess. Jesus

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Funny that for my game I was robbed of 14 points by trying to hit PS buttons instead of the wide open reads I had, and threw two 100 yard pick sixes hitting the wrong button. This will be fun to learn new muscle memory when I actually pass. NCAA is a run game friend.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
There were 10 total recruits that had me 1st that I put on my board and offered scholarships to. 5 of those 10 were insta-commits. 2 of the insta-commits were 5* (out of 4 total 5* of the 10).

GO BLUE

This is really the first time in an online dynasty that I've gotten all the recruiting skills maxed out, so insta-commit is a new treat for me.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Let's advance today/tonight.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I'm getting mine in now after a video chat with the family. Sorry for all the restarts, I've only got one cpu game to figure out which defensive scheme I like and now I disconnected midgame from Xbox live so we'll see if I have another go.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
USC r2a. Looks like it saved the game despite dropping Xbox live midgame.

Sorry for all the restarts, those were on the first drive or two trying to find a scheme I liked. I wasn't Stat scumming. That being said...

Marquis is a joke. His catching attributes are insane such that he has become my check down guy if I'm getting blitzed bad. That needs to stop as it won't last during user games when it'll result in an INT.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

This Ohio State team is solid. I like em, dunno about running the table, but I'll have a good shot in every game.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The addition of Dubious has definitely turned this thing into a dogfight.

We've advanced to Week 2

Everyone but Dubious and Cletus has a game. Piper and Sly are the only user matchup.

72hrs unless notified otherwise.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Piper, I could go in the next couple hours or all day tomorrow, but all day ends at 5pm eastern

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Slywalker13 posted:

Piper, I could go in the next couple hours or all day tomorrow, but all day ends at 5pm eastern

Can you play now?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Slywalker13 posted:

How about 1 or 2PM EST this Sunday. Or barring that, Sunday night sometime.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Let's try for 2 PM eastern. See you then.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Slywalker13 posted:

Let's try for 2 PM eastern. See you then.

Can you do 1:30?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I got dumped by my Internet, let's try again but if it happens too much... May have to drop the dynasty this was going on yesterday but I thought I had fixed it.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Well it was fun while it lasted. NU trounced USC 35-21. Couldn't run the ball at all which I guess made me easy to defend? Well called game, both on O and D. Was not expecting this game to be the first one you finally get over me.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

I just beat a 99 OVR team with a 88 OVR team... Go me.

GG Sly. I started shifting my safeties over to Lee's side of the field and the big plays stopped. Sly's first two drives ended in a 55 yard Lee TD and a 75 yard Lee TD. Once I started keying on Lee I was able to get a 2 score lead that I was able to hold onto.

And poo poo... The game didn't register. My xbox froze when it went final. It was NU 35 USC 21. I'm gonna struggle to beat CPU USC now.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

NU also trounced me early last season, too.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I also lost a close one to NU as well last year.

UCLA over Iowa 56-13. Iowa is boring as gently caress and their entire opening drive took 5 minutes of the first quarter. Any other CPU teams still playing old man football?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm advancing us Tuesday night around 9pm CT.

• Locked thread