Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to drop from the league first?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 0 0%
JB 0 0%
Sly 2 33.33%
Dio 0 0%
Piper 1 16.67%
AF 1 16.67%
Wreckus 2 33.33%
Cletus 0 0%
Total: 6 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
I'm done with position changes.

Did we get the results of recruiting yet? I'm on vacation still so only have access to the web interface. Just curious if I landed anyone in the offseason recruiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.

cletus42o posted:

I'm done with position changes.

Did we get the results of recruiting yet? I'm on vacation still so only have access to the web interface. Just curious if I landed anyone in the offseason recruiting.

I got that tackle we were both gunning for but it cost me 10k points and all my other good recruits.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Cuts - next advance at 8pm CT on Monday.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

how many phases are in the offseason, jw

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

John Brown posted:

I forget - what's the deal when the cut player button is greyed out?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

how many phases are in the offseason, jw

Players Leaving
Offseason Recruiting
Position Changes
Player Cuts
Preseason (Redshirt & Recruiting)

...at least from a non-commish perspective anyway. Sorry, I should've given the heads-up. Have you been able to keep up thus far?

cletus42o posted:

I forget - what's the deal when the cut player button is greyed out?

I'm not sure what you're referring to.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I don't usually post images via phone so hopefully it doesn't come out mega huge.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I would say those are positions of need and you're required to keep them.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

I would say those are positions of need and you're required to keep them.
Ah, yeah - makes sense. That's why the one guy is 40 OVR - guess he got picked up to fill a needed slot. For some reason the one guy who left who I had a very low chance to persuade (and failed at it) was an MLB who left for more playing time. Bah.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
cuts are in, R2A.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

Ah, yeah - makes sense. That's why the one guy is 40 OVR - guess he got picked up to fill a needed slot. For some reason the one guy who left who I had a very low chance to persuade (and failed at it) was an MLB who left for more playing time. Bah.

Yup, I'm sure you've seen ZSB and I bitch about this in the ACC. I just had a Freshman CB who was coming out of a reshirt bounce even though he would've seen significant time.

That's why I try and not just stockpile players when I don't need them.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Going to really enjoy getting in on recruiting from Week 1 this season, because I missed alot of key guys because i got a bad start coming in late, and I need that talent infusion after this season; it's going to be a bumpy ride.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

Going to really enjoy getting in on recruiting from Week 1 this season, because I missed alot of key guys because i got a bad start coming in late, and I need that talent infusion after this season; it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Just out of curiosity, you're not getting head coach XP, are you?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Just out of curiosity, you're not getting head coach XP, are you?

I am, but he's level 8 compared to the restof the dynasty who's all over 30

I played 3 seasons in the PS3 dynasty as the Gophers so bad teams don't bother me

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

I am, but he's level 8 compared to the restof the dynasty who's all over 30

I played 3 seasons in the PS3 dynasty as the Gophers so bad teams don't bother me

At which point did you join? Week1? Preseason? This is very important and could be a potential game changer.

Guys, didn't we discover that if you joined after the dynasty was stared you wouldn't get XP?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I've gotten lucky sometimes in other dynasties too. I think part of it has to do with not choosing a team that a previous user had. I think if I quit and someone else picked Michigan, there would be no chance of getting xp.

But so many people have spent so much time trying to figure out a solution without any luck - it makes me think there is some random element factoring in. Otherwise surely someone would have figured it out by now.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
UCLA r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

I've gotten lucky sometimes in other dynasties too. I think part of it has to do with not choosing a team that a previous user had. I think if I quit and someone else picked Michigan, there would be no chance of getting xp.

But so many people have spent so much time trying to figure out a solution without any luck - it makes me think there is some random element factoring in. Otherwise surely someone would have figured it out by now.

If there's any truth to this then AF should be getting XP in the ACC league.

Well AF?...

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Well AF?...
It's not a guarantee you'll get XP in that condition, but I think it's a guarantee you definitely won't if you choose a team someone previously had. I think it might be that when a player retires, their coach goals get wiped and the game doesn't reset that when a new player picks up the team. (you always will get XP for things like "find a bust"/"find a gem" and visit schedules even when you have the coach XP bug, since those are not coach goals)

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

John Brown posted:

Well AF?...

Nope, I'm not getting any XP in the ACC league.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Did it from the web r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Redshirt and Recruiting! - next advance 48-72hrs

The divisions are correctly aligned, and key rivalries have been restored. Schedules came out good on one try as well. I don't feel like doing a write-up so we'll see what happens with that.

E: So...which recruits don't want to go to Michigan?

John Brown fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 28, 2014

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I want to try and make my defensive end a Heisman candidate. I wonder how I can do this.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Score a defensive TD w him every game and sub him in as an offensive player and vulture TDs

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Wisconsin R2A

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Michigan r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Schedules are set and everyone has the following:
-5 to 6 user games
-6 home games, 6 road games
-2 games against a contender or ranked CPU opponent
-A+ schedule rating

We have Matchups against the likes of Notre Dame, Oregon, Texas, FSU, Kansas State, G-Tech, Stanford, aTm, Bama, and others.

I'll create a new thread when everyone's ready, but I couldn't care less about the OP. Please post here when you're r2a if you haven't done so already.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Schedules are set and everyone has the following:
-5 to 6 user games
-6 home games, 6 road games
-2 games against a contender or ranked CPU opponent
-A+ schedule rating

We have Matchups against the likes of Notre Dame, Oregon, Texas, FSU, Kansas State, G-Tech, Stanford, aTm, Bama, and others.

I'll create a new thread when everyone's ready, but I couldn't care less about the OP. Please post here when you're r2a if you haven't done so already.

blah, i should have told you im traveling to Germany for work from Nov 1st to the 8th so you coulda put me against the CPU early :smith:

totally forgot, my bad

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

blah, i should have told you im traveling to Germany for work from Nov 1st to the 8th so you coulda put me against the CPU early :smith:

totally forgot, my bad

Your wish is my command. Heres what your first three weeks look like:
Week 1: vs Wyoming
Week 2: Bye
Week 3: KSU

I'm going to wait for you to play that K-State game as they were a contender last season.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
UCLA r2a

My defense should be decent again this year. Hopefully running the flexbone works out for me.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.

AfterFather posted:

UCLA r2a

My defense should be decent again this year. Hopefully running the flexbone works out for me.

I'm considering running the same. Our game shall be glorious.

USC r2a.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, do you need more time?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
When we starting? If I can get my 1st game in and set my board that would be peachy keen

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

John Brown posted:

ZSB, do you need more time?

It's all good onwards!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

When we starting? If I can get my 1st game in and set my board that would be peachy keen

Have you not already set up your recruiting board? It shows that you have some points left for this week and that should not be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

New thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3677748

• Locked thread