Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to drop from the league first?
This poll is closed.
ZSB 0 0%
JB 0 0%
Sly 2 33.33%
Dio 0 0%
Piper 1 16.67%
AF 1 16.67%
Wreckus 2 33.33%
Cletus 0 0%
Total: 6 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

CPU Miami absolutely torched my defense.

Looks like I'll have to be price about using man coverage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Cletus, what's a good time for you?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

AfterFather posted:

Cletus, what's a good time for you?
I'm online right now if you can make it. If not I'll have to let you know - wife finished her semester so weeknights are tough again until she starts back up.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I'll be home within the next 30 minutes if you can stay on that late.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

AfterFather posted:

I'll be home within the next 30 minutes if you can stay on that late.
As long as my wife doesn't yell at me to get into bed, I'll be here.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#3 Michigan over #4 UCLA, 35-31.

I think we had a really close game last season, too. UCLA had a 10 point lead at the start of the 3rd but Michigan fired back and went up by 4. UCLA scored to go up by 3 with less than a minute to go in the game, but QB Morris found Darboh with a wide open 38 yard passing TD to go back up by 4 with 25 seconds left to go.

QB Morris went 22/29 for 335 yards, 5 TD, and 1 INT. WR Norfleet scored 3 of those TDs.

GG AF!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

It's been a tough week for AF.

Dio, would you need until tomorrow night to get your game in?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I will try tonight after work, but I might need til tomorrow

EDIT: Going to start my game soon, but likely won't finish it, need to leave in about 40 minutes

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 12, 2014

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

cletus42o posted:

#3 Michigan over #4 UCLA, 35-31.

I think we had a really close game last season, too. UCLA had a 10 point lead at the start of the 3rd but Michigan fired back and went up by 4. UCLA scored to go up by 3 with less than a minute to go in the game, but QB Morris found Darboh with a wide open 38 yard passing TD to go back up by 4 with 25 seconds left to go.

QB Morris went 22/29 for 335 yards, 5 TD, and 1 INT. WR Norfleet scored 3 of those TDs.

GG AF!

Best moment of the game for me is when my defensive end came down with an INT. I should of tried to score quicker but I had to do all that Peyton Manning crap and call 1 million audibles.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I will try tonight after work, but I might need til tomorrow

EDIT: Going to start my game soon, but likely won't finish it, need to leave in about 40 minutes

You still have until 9pm CT tonight. If you don't have enough time on your hands I feel like Mich St. state would roll CMU in a sim.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm going to play it in the next hour, so I won't need til that late

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Advanced to Week 5!

User Matchups:
#9 UCLA (AF) @ #11 Mich St. (Dio)
#6 USC (Sly) @ #1 Michigan (Cletus)
#2 OSU (ZSB) & #17 Wisconsin (Dubious)

CPU Games:
NWU - Piper
Penn St. - Wreckus

Everyone has a game. We might not make it but let's try for a late Sunday night advance.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Cletus any ability to go this afternoon? If not I might be able to play this weekend but I'll have to let you know.

I don't think we've ever met when you aren't playing as GT, it'll be interesting.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Cletus any ability to go this afternoon? If not I might be able to play this weekend but I'll have to let you know.

I don't think we've ever met when you aren't playing as GT, it'll be interesting.
What time in the afternoon? I might be able to get home by 6 or so, but doubtfully much earlier.

I'll be out of town starting tomorrow at 1pm - getting back Sunday evening.

I think I'm better with Michigan than GT? We'll find out!

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I shall be fast asleep by then. I may be able to go Sunday evening. I am actually heading back to the states for a short time. I'll keep you posted over the weekend.

I imagine you are better with Mich. I think it's incredible that you've stuck with a triple option offence for so long with that studder step that absolutely kills the pitch

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Sly, I will actually be home today closer to 5 (Eastern). Any chance you can be around close to that?

I will probably have another game to play on Sunday, so if we can do this one today that'd be great. Now that my wife is in between semesters, I'm trying to not let her know how often I have user games, and she probably won't be home today until close to 7. She keeps asking why 1 or 2 leagues isn't enough for me. :)

edit - Oops, looks like we were posting at the same time. What's the latest today you could go? I could try to change it up and get home closer to 4 if that would work. Otherwise, we can probably make it happen Sunday late, or worst case Monday? (driving back to Brooklyn from Ocean City, MD, so not sure what time we'll be back exactly)

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 14, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

AF. I can play on Saturday or sometime Sunday. What's good for you

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
ZSB, when's good for you? I'm generally home around 5 PST and free after 630-7 PST.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
4 would eaily work for me. 5 Probably. Let me know when you want to go.

Times are eastern.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Diodeous posted:

AF. I can play on Saturday or sometime Sunday. What's good for you

Lets try for Sunday.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

4 would eaily work for me. 5 Probably. Let me know when you want to go.

Times are eastern.
PM'd you back, but I'll definitely be home before 5 - should be online and ready to go at 4:30, if not a little sooner!

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

AfterFather posted:

Lets try for Sunday.

Sounds good. I would say evenings or night will be best

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
USC gets run out of the big house 37-21. Somehow, this team isn't meeting expectations. I know my two DTs are a huge dissapointment and I can't generate any pressure. GG cletus, you demolished me.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

gently caress me, I wish I'd beaten you. I know I'm gonna whoop cletus again this year and claim THE STATE

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

USC gets run out of the big house 37-21. Somehow, this team isn't meeting expectations. I know my two DTs are a huge dissapointment and I can't generate any pressure. GG cletus, you demolished me.
Yeah, my passing game was going way too well for you to get out of that hole. I couldn't get much going on the ground though (even though my HB ended with decent numbers, that was due to the TOP and persistence).

I think you just got bit by the turnover bug before this game.

GG!

Just don't kill GT now as payback. :)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Dubious posted:

ZSB, when's good for you? I'm generally home around 5 PST and free after 630-7 PST.

Most nights I'm available between 7 CT and 11 CT. Although Sunday afternoon may be a good time as my Friday night and Saturday are mostly spoken for, and I prefer to avoid trying to play game on a Saturday night. Possibly tonight, although I'm trying to play Dio in the SEC tonight and generally my fiance doesn't like it when I play more than 1 game in a day.

e: Let's try for sometime over the weekend.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 15, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious, you free tomorrow afternoon/evening?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Dubious, you free tomorrow afternoon/evening?

Im free whenever you are in the afternoon! Nursing a hangover so lets do it

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

AfterFather posted:

Lets try for Sunday.

I'll be free most of the afternoon and evening, so just let me know.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

Im free whenever you are in the afternoon! Nursing a hangover so lets do it

I'm going hiking with my lady, but I'll post up when we get back and we can knock our game out.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Ready to rock and roll see ya online.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
NU defeats ND. R2A

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Diodeous posted:

I'll be free most of the afternoon and evening, so just let me know.

I'm online now if you're ready to go.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Ready to rock and roll see ya online.

I won't be able to play today and it might be spotty the next day or two. if its holding up the advance i can put myself on auto

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

I won't be able to play today and it might be spotty the next day or two. if its holding up the advance i can put myself on auto

You have up until Tuesday night to try and play. If not, I will put you on AP then and advance us Wednesday morning.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Would need to be later Tuesday night, tomorrow night is basically out.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

AfterFather posted:

I'm online now if you're ready to go.

I was already gone, I need some warning or to try to set up a time

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Would need to be later Tuesday night, tomorrow night is basically out.

This can work. What time?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

This can work. What time?

Anytime between 930-1130 CT works for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

AF and I are knocking out our game this morning

• Locked thread