Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Nobody read my track walkthrough :( No wonder you all suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Entropist posted:

I read it, perhaps that's why I thought this track wasn't as bad as most people were complaining about?

Then again I'm a Bad Racer who doesn't even get the author medal most times, so perhaps it's just that I'm more accepting of my own mediocrity than everyone else.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Entropist posted:

Sorry, I honestly didn't think it'd help. On the other hand, I really did manage a drift that long.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Entropist posted:

I did and at least beat the replay time. Still don't like certain sections, especially the beginning.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Grimwit posted:

Questions about submission via auto-website-thing. (Please forgive my literal-mindedness.)

When choosing a skin do you...
a. Want a link to the webpage the skin is accessible from?
b. Want a direct link to the skin download?
c. Want just the name of the skin if it has already been uploaded?
d. Want a mixture of a, b, or c?
e. None of the above?

I'm asking cuz I wanna stick with the Rainbow Dash skin. Tis awesome.
Just think like a human being. :v: You only need to send us each new skin once (doesn't matter if it's a webpage/direct link/attachment/whatever), from then on just write the skin name or leave it blank and we'll assume you're using whatever's in the replay.

P.S. :siren: 6 hours to go :siren:

SupSuper fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 18, 2014

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Today was Do Good at Trackmania Day. I managed to shave 3 seconds off my run a few minutes before the demo cut me off.

I'm not good at this game, but I like it! :q:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

SupSuper posted:

:siren: 6 hours to go :siren:
gently caress. I could probably shave about .20 seconds off my time but that might not be enough time to do it. :(

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Managed to knock a bit more time off, but I think it's time to call it. The ending is just killing me, I know I can land that loving jump way better, but I just can't beat my head against it anymore.

Replay and skin submitted, can't wait for the controversy over my skin to begin. :D

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Great Joe posted:

Thanks for the cut, real useful. :)

ViggyNash posted:

Huh, I never thought of that.

Entropist posted:

Just to be crystal clear for anyone who might not be getting it, the screenshot was previously posted by Entropist in his original track write-up on page 4, so...yeah. Read those. They tend to contain a lot of good advice. :)

And yeah, I submitted already too. I'm confident that I could shave at least another .25-.50 off, but I'm tired of driving it and fairly happy with my time.

Thistledown
Dec 18, 2009
I know this is a thread for TM2 but I don't have it and I'm told TM2 Stadium is basically the same. So, have a track I've been working on for a little while. I'm sick of trying to make a better time on it, so someone destroy it for me so I can feel extra bad about my time. Have a run on my new stadium track, Playful Whispers.

Reminder that this is for the stadium environment for TM Nations Forever/United, not TM2 Stadium. If you folks don't care for outdated old content, that's cool. I'll... I'll just take my tracks and play by myself... :smith:

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Thistledown posted:

Reminder that this is for the stadium environment for TM Nations Forever/United, not TM2 Stadium. If you folks don't care for outdated old content, that's cool. I'll... I'll just take my tracks and play by myself... :smith:
Don't worry, you can import TM Forever tracks into TM2 through the track editor. :)

Sabby23
Nov 10, 2010

Stay fresh!
I just e-mailed my replay, is that ok? I got confused by time zones and just realized it was 1am today and not 1am tomorrow.

Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

Those eyes! That hair! You're like a movie star! I must take your picture!

SupSuper posted:

Just think like a human being. :v:

*sweats* Uh. I'm human! I'm totally human! Swear to Dagon!

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Thistledown posted:

I know this is a thread for TM2 but I don't have it and I'm told TM2 Stadium is basically the same. So, have a track I've been working on for a little while. I'm sick of trying to make a better time on it, so someone destroy it for me so I can feel extra bad about my time. Have a run on my new stadium track, Playful Whispers.

You track works perfectly fine in TM2.

There is a small cut at the start.
If you reverse straight away and then head for the 1st CP it's slightly faster than going up and down the hill. I have an 8.44 1st CP time without cut and a 8.24 1st CP time with it in TM United.

My PB in United is a pretty crappy 44.32 run
My PB in TM2 is an pretty alright 44.32 run

Same time both games :v:

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

Sabby23 posted:

I just e-mailed my replay, is that ok? I got confused by time zones and just realized it was 1am today and not 1am tomorrow.
I'll let it slide... this time.

So, did you hate the last track enough? Good, because it's time for everyone's favorite. :unsmigghh:

quote:

Track 3: Your Mom by Entropist
Gold: 0:58:00

Steam - Manual Download - Replay

Replays are due by 9AM GMT (4AM EST, 1AM PST) on Monday 25th August 2014.

SupSuper fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 18, 2014

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Welp, I broke the leaderboard.

At least I'll have the :smug: time of ?:??.??? for a while.

(For future reference, what could have caused this? Renaming the replay file before submitting? Messing with my skin in the replay editor?)

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
What about my mom, Entropist, WHAT ABOUT HER? YOU THINK SHE'S FAT? Well she is, deal with it.

The new track is... interesting. I wasn't expecting so much dirt. Some dick moves here and there, but hasn't outright annoyed me yet at least.

e: Scratch that, it's annoying me now. The bumps at the beginning are just plain annoying and unnecessary. The drop from the first checkpoint is annoying. The precarious bit before the third checkpoint it annoying. The jump onto the boost platforms is annoying. The second ramp going into the finish is just a dick move of a cherry on top. This is not a fun track to play at all because I'm always trying to not gently caress up every turn instead of searching for ways to improve and so my time, and whether or not I finish at all, depends purely on how many times I did not gently caress up. And it's neigh impossible to repeat a good run because good runs are just flukes where I didn't gently caress anything up.

If this sounds very harsh, it's because I had a rather lovely weekend and this track compounded that.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 18, 2014

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

Renegret posted:

Welp, I broke the leaderboard.

At least I'll have the :smug: time of ?:??.??? for a while.

(For future reference, what could have caused this? Renaming the replay file before submitting? Messing with my skin in the replay editor?)
Usually messing with the replay editor does it, but don't worry about it, as I have to manually fix all the erroneous entries anyways.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

SupSuper posted:

Usually messing with the replay editor does it, but don't worry about it, as I have to manually fix all the erroneous entries anyways.

I just want to make things as easy as possible for you.

And in the process I'm making it worse :(

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

Track 2 results are up!

I'll set up the global leaderboards soon.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

SupSuper posted:

Track 2 results are up!

loving hell I was not expecting to do that well - didn't try super hard due to busyness last week :dance:

Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

Shoot. I'm not at the bottom any more.
How am I supposed to maintain my rep?

Anyway, I like Your Mom better than the last track.
Your Mom is pretty dirty, tho.
I could get used to riding Your Mom.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

mfcrocker posted:

loving hell I was not expecting to do that well - didn't try super hard due to busyness last week :dance:

Same.

My first good time was a 53.1 and I spent the whole week trying to improve on it. I had runs where I was over a second ahead of my time and would screw up during the final turn.

I improved it a little bit, but I expected to do a whole lot worse because I know, given enough time, I could have shaved a full second of my final time. Hell, I could have saved a half second just from the first checkpoint, but I couldn't do the wheelie strats consistently enough to bother restarting every time I missed it.

Toenail Ninja
Sep 10, 2003

Superman is back!
It's great!
drat I thought for sure I was going to be last this week, I only had about an hour to play. Apparently someone had even less time than I did!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Grimwit posted:

Shoot. I'm not at the bottom any more.
How am I supposed to maintain my rep?

Anyway, I like Your Mom better than the last track.
Your Mom is pretty dirty, tho.
I could get used to riding Your Mom.

I really want to play with Your Mom but I had to put my computer into storage for a few days.
I will be unable to ride Your Mom for longer than I'd like :(

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Renegret posted:

Same.

My first good time was a 53.1 and I spent the whole week trying to improve on it. I had runs where I was over a second ahead of my time and would screw up during the final turn.

I improved it a little bit, but I expected to do a whole lot worse because I know, given enough time, I could have shaved a full second of my final time. Hell, I could have saved a half second just from the first checkpoint, but I couldn't do the wheelie strats consistently enough to bother restarting every time I missed it.

I didn't even try wheelie strats. There's definitely a second or two I could've taken off my time, I wasn't at all happy technically with my final run but it seems to have worked out well and I wasn't going to play into the wee hours last night to improve it.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

SupSuper posted:

Track 2 results are up!

Did I submit mine too late? :ohdear:

Raldan
Oct 21, 2010

HH Challenge Caster
(Pls no bm)

SupSuper posted:

Track 2 results are up!

Oh gently caress I sent in the wrong replay. Welp, I guess I'll have fun being last

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

mfcrocker posted:

Yeah, I'm surprised how well I did!

Now all I need to do is get the workshop to download the new map! You said it would be automatic! YOU LIED!

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Look mom! I'm completely average again! Are all these people "uncles"?

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.

SupSuper posted:

Track 2 results are up!

I'm particularly impressed by Great Joe's performance - finishing 7th and 14th! Way to go.

Maybe I'll actually try one of these rounds at some point, but I seem to be taking an extended Trackmania break this year. Glad to see the cup still exists though, and I'll probably return next season or something...

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
entropist, I have got to say. No matter how dirty your mom is, I am having a lot of fun riding her. I like your mom much more than I like the last one we rode.

And I did a lot better than I expected on baconic rites. That was a day 1 time that I never got better.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Final version of my track is complete! (Download)(Steam Workshop)

Let me know what you think.

Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Final version of my track is complete! (Download)(Steam Workshop)

Let me know what you think.

This track is apparently nimbler than I am.
Mainly, I just found it hard to figure out where I was going.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

SupSuper posted:

Track 2 results are up!

18th two weeks in a row? That's an odd thing for me to be consistent about. Guess I'll try very hard to be average from here on out, and that's the only reason I won't be winning. :)

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

ViggyNash posted:

What about my mom, Entropist, WHAT ABOUT HER? YOU THINK SHE'S FAT? Well she is, deal with it.

The new track is... interesting. I wasn't expecting so much dirt. Some dick moves here and there, but hasn't outright annoyed me yet at least.

e: Scratch that, it's annoying me now. The bumps at the beginning are just plain annoying and unnecessary. The drop from the first checkpoint is annoying. The precarious bit before the third checkpoint it annoying. The jump onto the boost platforms is annoying. The second ramp going into the finish is just a dick move of a cherry on top. This is not a fun track to play at all because I'm always trying to not gently caress up every turn instead of searching for ways to improve and so my time, and whether or not I finish at all, depends purely on how many times I did not gently caress up. And it's neigh impossible to repeat a good run because good runs are just flukes where I didn't gently caress anything up.

If this sounds very harsh, it's because I had a rather lovely weekend and this track compounded that.

Welcome to dirt maps bro. Dirt maps own.

Did you drop the ball with the author time? Getting gold on the first attempt is, uh, weird. Also map is bad for not making the backwards route equally competitive 2/10.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Grimwit posted:

This track is apparently nimbler than I am.
Mainly, I just found it hard to figure out where I was going.

Does it need more signs, or would a replay do?

Gamerofthegame posted:

Did you drop the ball with the author time? Getting gold on the first attempt is, uh, weird. Also map is bad for not making the backwards route equally competitive 2/10.

I'm pretty bad at my own track I guess, though I'm not amazing in general.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Ah, that was to the "official" one, sorry.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Also map is bad for not making the backwards route equally competitive 2/10.
Look harder :) I believe there are 2 possible ways to do that, but I made sure that the normal way around is easiest at least, and usually faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

SupSuper posted:

Track 2 results are up!

26th? :staredog:

I was not expecting that, considering I haven't touched a Trackmania game since 2006. I know I could have done better, but I'm pretty happy with my run!

• Locked thread