Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
And we're back. I was wondering when another of these was going to start - Thanks for the email!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

uXs posted:

I hit the Entro Exit too. The bottom of it. With the nose of my car.

(Was a slow run too so whatever.)

Bonus points for hitting the EE?

I have relearned the hate for past me, past me pulls of BS moves, past me takes advantage of every little mistake. Past me keeps getting better.

Then you wipe a second off your time, pysically shout out "YES!" followed by the wife in the other room asking "Are you OK dear?"

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

RickVoid posted:

This is basically my Trackmania experience, except I also have a a two and four year-old who cheer when I get passed by past me. :3: And then complain that it's their turn to play "the car game".

Do you let them play and then watch as they cut 3 seconds off your best time? 'cos kids are bastards like that.

Also, I got up this morning, wrote a LP update, had ten mins before I had to make my breakfast so I decided to take this out for a spin.

I then wiped 1.7 seconds off my time. after spending 40 minutes last night trying to do the same.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I've sailed through the gap between the two gates before, that annoying.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I'm not a fan of this one, it has to many "dead stops" - bits that if you mess up even slightly, there is no chance to recover once you flip your car out of the arena.

I did just cut 1.83 seconds off my time this morning, but I was swearing all the way.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

mfcrocker posted:

loving hell I was not expecting to do that well - didn't try super hard due to busyness last week :dance:

Yeah, I'm surprised how well I did!

Now all I need to do is get the workshop to download the new map! You said it would be automatic! YOU LIED!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Spelling Mitsake posted:

your mom was really fun at first and I felt really good about your mom.

But now I'm getting down and dirty with your mom and I just don't feel like I can perform well enough.

(I still can't beat my best time from Monday, maybe I got lucky?)

I had the same problem for a while, Your Mom is a temptress, who invites you in with an easy score, then gets the clamps out and makes you work for more.
I did manage to squeeze another three seconds out of her yesterday.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The first drop is killing me - I can get the theory, but it seems random if I land smoothly or not.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Jabor posted:

You do know you can tap the brake in the air to control how you land, right?

Yeah, that's the part that I can't do the same every time - there is an angle you need to be at to land smoothly, and I can only hit it one in ten times at the moment.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Great Joe posted:

Don't forget to keep holding accelerate while tapping the brake.

Thistledown posted:

Try setting up a visual cue for when to stabilize the fall. For example, when my front tires are just over the first curb, that's when I stabilize and I get much more consistent starts. You'll have to find the angle that works best for you, of course. I also use similar things to help figure out when to start braking to avoid drifting.

Guess which moron just blew four seconds off his time by following advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Dammit, now I'm the worst one who plays every week.

We're still better than the smucks who played one race then dissapeared.

• Locked thread