Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Awh christ fine.

A hour a day? I can outrace the bottom three with just a hour a day, no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

It looks like the workshop doesn't work with the demo, so you have to do it the manual way.

You also don't get custom models or anything with the demo, which is a shame.

Edit: you're still the fuckhole of maps, tho.

Especially that turn off the dirt.

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jul 31, 2014

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

The biggest "pro-tip" I can offer is there is two methods of braking. One is simply not accelerating for a moment; even the slightest bit is usually enough to get around most corners. It also works in the air! Which is actually especially important for the end of the map so you don't miss. Actual braking puts you into a miniature skid, which lets you cut really tight corners at the cost of all your speed.

I clawed out gold-level times without breaking at all, so just ease up on the gas and you should be able to round those gaps - and spend less time in the air when it's important.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

RickVoid posted:

I running in the server right now, if anybody wants someone to race against outpace.

The server is magical bullshit that let me shave off three seconds from my best time on the first run. And then kept going.

Play on the server, it's lucky. You can save your replay for a map by going to esc-> advanced settings, previous run replay. There is no reason to not! Be social.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Tafferling posted:

I always thought about participating at the Goon Cup but never managed to get on the trainwreck in time. May I get in as a sparring partner? It's a long time since I last played and was never a pro to begin with.

Get on the server, plenty of partners to go around.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

It doesn't look to bad. No one did the downright hellishly evil bit where you place a midair check point in a road piece so it acts like a normal checkpoint, just you can't spawn back at it. Put those before the harder, trial and error points and see everyone's time skyrocket.

Like an rear end in a top hat.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

What about my mom, Entropist, WHAT ABOUT HER? YOU THINK SHE'S FAT? Well she is, deal with it.

The new track is... interesting. I wasn't expecting so much dirt. Some dick moves here and there, but hasn't outright annoyed me yet at least.

e: Scratch that, it's annoying me now. The bumps at the beginning are just plain annoying and unnecessary. The drop from the first checkpoint is annoying. The precarious bit before the third checkpoint it annoying. The jump onto the boost platforms is annoying. The second ramp going into the finish is just a dick move of a cherry on top. This is not a fun track to play at all because I'm always trying to not gently caress up every turn instead of searching for ways to improve and so my time, and whether or not I finish at all, depends purely on how many times I did not gently caress up. And it's neigh impossible to repeat a good run because good runs are just flukes where I didn't gently caress anything up.

If this sounds very harsh, it's because I had a rather lovely weekend and this track compounded that.

Welcome to dirt maps bro. Dirt maps own.

Did you drop the ball with the author time? Getting gold on the first attempt is, uh, weird. Also map is bad for not making the backwards route equally competitive 2/10.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Ah, that was to the "official" one, sorry.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Foozle posted:

But holy hell that last hill climb. That's the goddamn destroyer of runs. I've had spectacular runs ruined just because I didn't hit that thing just right. At this rate, I'll probably end up with my fastest run being one where I land a jump upside-down but hit that hill perfect.

Same. I keep getting amazing runs, five seconds off gold only to tap the wall at the end and come to a absolute stop.

gently caress this end.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

this track leaves no margin for error and i hate it

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Probably more confusing because you never updated the second post, tho.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Doing the same track five times over is a thing.

But.

"Alright going into my fifth lap, good pace. Silver pace, at least!"
The demo is about to expire in: one minute.
"AWH poo poo"

Made it with 12 seconds to spare.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

"We" can always do a winter sequel right after. Keep it on schedule.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I'm honestly not sure which track is ruder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Goon track is honestly pretty straight forward and fun. Entropist's has that gently caress off bump-jump in the middle of it.

The gently caress, Entropist.

• Locked thread