Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I am planning a trip to Japan. It's going to be interesting seeing all the weird things that you won't see anywhere else. I started thinking about what I would like to find to document. Just find the craziness and take pictures. If you have good suggestions, I will add them to the list.

So far, I have come up with:

1 - Girl dressed as a nazi
2 - Man doing something really pervy..like trying to take upskirt camera shots, or skulking around outside a high school.
3 - A vending machine that sells panties.
4 - One of those super toilets that wash and blow dry your rear end
5 - A picture of a magazine stand with normal anime stuff being shown alongside hardcore shemale tentacle action hentai is a thing to look for (Courtesy of Japanese Phone Box)
6 - ???

Clearly, I am not very creative or don't know the depths of insanity that awaits in the land of the rising sun.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
No you're not and this thread sucks and you suck just stick to wandering around on google street view and blow your travel money on a gun to shoot yourself with.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
5. Elaborate public pranks where people could get hurt badly, but nobody sues.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Just save your money and visit some place good.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Hilarious uses of Engrish.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Animal-Mother posted:

5. Elaborate public pranks where people could get hurt badly, but nobody sues.

Is this something that is common there? Seems more like something you'd find in Russia.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Wooten posted:

Just save your money and visit some place good.

I'm going to Thailand, too. But I don't think I can take pictures of a Ping Pong show.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
A picture of a magazine stand with normal anime stuff being shown alongside hardcore shemale tentacle action hentai is a thing to look for, Waltzin' Along. Good luck and good hunting.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Japanese Phone Box posted:

A picture of a magazine stand with normal anime stuff being shown alongside hardcore shemale tentacle action hentai is a thing to look for, Waltzin' Along. Good luck and good hunting.

but shemale tentacle rape is normal anime stuff

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Go see a kickass castle or temple and enjoy some of the majestic mountain forests you rear end

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
A video of yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riGeXSs_3ck

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm not planning on going to the suicide forest, so please no requests of dead bodies from that location. And NO, I'M NOT GOING TO THE SUICIDE FOREST. gently caress YOU!

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Due hurr I'm gonna go to a country with 1500 years of civilization and some of the world's most beautiful natural environments I can't wait to hang around overpriced shops of otaku poo poo and watch orange women in Akibahara

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm going to Thailand, too. But I don't think I can take pictures of a Ping Pong show.

You should gently caress a ladyboy.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
find white people from north america/europe doing dumb tourist poo poo.

like those pictures of the goony dude on the train there or w/e

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if castles are so great why don't people use them anymore

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

make sure you tell everyone you know that you're going to japan... especially if you are white and pasty. try to work asian words like namaste into everyday conversation. if you do things like this, you will be really cool and interesting

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Robo Reagan posted:

if castles are so great why don't people use them anymore

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I went there several years ago and those super toilets are pretty cool. Like, why can't we have heated toilet seats here like it's a normal thing.

Also saw an electric trumpet.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Fetus Tree posted:

find white people from north america/europe doing dumb tourist poo poo.

like those pictures of the goony dude on the train there or w/e
Found one.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
You can also try to find a french guy carrying a shitload of old videogames in bags and a old NEC PC-88 on his back, going back to his tiny hotel room after a day of shopping. Yes it will be easy to spot one in Akihabara.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Japanese Phone Box posted:

You can also try to find a french guy carrying a shitload of old videogames in bags and a old NEC PC-88 on his back, going back to his tiny hotel room after a day of shopping. Yes it will be easy to spot one in Akihabara.

Could you explain this more? Are you saying it is common for tourists to go there and buy old used video game crap?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Al Cowens posted:

Found one.

i would never go to japan hth

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

op i recommend u go to the wooden temples in nara, they are the longest continually existing wooden structures on the planet

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Smoking Crow posted:

op i recommend u go to the wooden temples in nara, they are the longest continually existing wooden structures on the planet

I'll note that down. Thanks for the heads up. I had been planning on checking out Kansai, so that works perfectly.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Visit the majestic suicide forest

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Spend the entire time standing outside of the Hiroshima Peace Memorial apologizing for the crimes of your people.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Spend the entire time standing outside of the Hiroshima Peace Memorial apologizing for the crimes of your people.

i'd rather explain to people there how it was really necessary to nuke them

E: but tbh its probably filled w americans thatd agree anyway

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Fetus Tree posted:

i'd rather explain to people there how it was really necessary to nuke them

E: but tbh its probably filled w americans thatd agree anyway

This isn't your vacation.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Trixie Hardcore posted:

This isn't your vacation.

its not yours either :colbert:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
And neither of you appears to have read the OP. I'm not asking for vacation advice. I'm asking for strange photo ops.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Waltzing Along posted:

And neither of you appears to have read the OP. I'm not asking for vacation advice. I'm asking for strange photo ops.

i read the OP and gave you a great photo op which you ignored

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Fetus Tree posted:

i read the OP and gave you a great photo op which you ignored

You said take pictures of tourists. :colbert:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

you honestly couldn't think of anywhere to go besides japan? going to get ebola in liberia would be more worthwhile

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

visit aokigahara (the suicide forest) bc it's a genuinely beautiful pine forest

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Waltzing Along posted:

You apologizing for the crimes of your people at the Hiroshima Peace Memorial is a great photo op, I was totally helping! I totally read your stupid OP. I was just trying to help & be a part of another classic Waltzing Along thread. jfc

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ethanol posted:

you honestly couldn't think of anywhere to go besides japan? going to get ebola in liberia would be more worthwhile

you honestly couldn't think of anywhere to shitpost besides my thread? clicking on almost any other thread in gbs would be more worthwhile.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Trixie Hardcore posted:

You apologizing for the crimes of your people at the Hiroshima Peace Memorial is a great photo op, I was totally helping! I totally read your stupid OP. I was just trying to help & be a part of another classic Waltzing Along thread. jfc

Maybe we could do this together. You could dress as a geisha and I'll dress as Uncle Sam. I'll gently caress you in the rear end in front of the memorial while screaming I'm sorry, I'm sorry!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

you honestly couldn't think of anywhere to shitpost besides my thread? clicking on almost any other thread in gbs would be more worthwhile.

it's a really bad thread though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Waltzing Along posted:

Maybe we could do this together. You could dress as a geisha and I'll dress as Uncle Sam. I'll gently caress you in the rear end in front of the memorial while screaming I'm sorry, I'm sorry!

i wanted to be the geisha :(

E: but trixie can be uncle sam. you're just the photographe

• Locked thread